Walmart is allowed to charge the wrong price at checkout. They will have a price up that says one price and you often get rung up higher at checkout.

If you don't watch prices on everything as it scans you will get robbed. How many customers a day in every Walmart in the world does this happen to. I wonder what their profits are on what they've stolen from customers. I think it's a scam that is done as if on accident.

I no longer food shop at Walmart because I don't want to be robbed.

I go to Save-alot where the service and prices are excellent or to Kroger for the items on sale, that ring up correctly.

Comments

Had same problem in Blackstone, VA & Hampton, VA

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #995174

WALMART DOES THIS MAINLY WITH FOOD STAMP CARDS BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WHO USE FOOD STAMPS NEVER CHECK THE PRICES POSTED VS THE PRICE AT THE

CHECK OUT, EXAMPLE LARGE EGGS POSTED AT $2.17 AT CHECK OUT WAS $2.97 AND THEY GET AWAY WITH IT FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS DAILY DEFRAUDING THE GOVERNMENT OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS EVERY YEAR, THEY DID THIS TO ME TODAY AND HAVE IN THE PAST; I WANT MY PART FOR BUSTING THEM FOR THIS FRAUD

Kennewick, Washington, United States #967554

The walmart in Kennewick, WA is notorious for this. Management is aware of this and does nothing.

Its pure profit for them. As criminally illegal as the 16 year old changing prices is, It is just as illegal for walmart to knowingly charge a higher price at the register than the advertised price on the floor. Yes, the bar codes match the product. If im shopping there, I have to write the price for the product down and watch everything as they scan it.

The checkers are helpful when it happens and will charge the correct price if I catch it. They know its an issue. "Happens all the time" ive heard from them.

I believe its a deliberate management practice. As ive said.

, management is aware of it, but its a practice that continues.

to Anonymous Norfolk, Virginia, United States #967646

Sounds like it could be a class action law suit.

Dublin, Ohio, United States #836628

I agree 100%. The prices on the shelf are always different than the price at the register.

When I checkout the items they are always more money then the shelf price. I have only shopped there twice and both times it happened to me.

Very strange. Be aware shoppers!

Check your receipt for the correct amount charged on your purchase.

Walmart needs a maths course in decimals. e.g.

I bought a product for $12.92 and the 7% Florida state tax came to .9044. That means the tax should have been 90 cents, not 91 cents. If the 4th decimal place was 5 or more then 91 cents would have been correct.

This swindling practice of Walmaert rips off millions of unsuspecting customers.

to RR #734954

Wow, what are you going to do without that penny??

to Anonymous #734967

If you are even capable of doing math, try to figure how much Wal-Mart is making by getting an extra penny from most customers.

I know it'll hurt your head (to attempt to calculate that high), but you'll be ok. Ask your parents to help you.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #196266

To Think About it.

I am pretty sure that this person knew that what they were doing was illegal. My 12 year old knows it is illegal and considered fraud to change prices. A ten year old knows better.

#195970

I get that you're only 16, but chaning the prices is Illegal. If you go and actually google whether or not it is illegal, every website you access will tell you that it is.

It's called illegal by deception. You are trying to benefit yourself. You cannot do that. I could understand if something was honestly mispriced or had a rollback sign on it and it was mispriced, but other than that, it shouldn't have been honored.

And everyone gets taxes taken out of their paycheck. It'll happen for the rest of your life.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #174917

So they have to have his parents present when he is being questioned, and what he did is very serious indeed, and if he gives this attitude towards them as he is towards us than they can charge him as an adult. Most likely the police were involved.

I am glad the parents are not taking his side. He is still young.

Hopefully they can straighten him out before he ends up in prison. Like Cathy said, he could be charged as an adult for this, especially with his attitude.

For Displaced New Yorker, how warped is your mind? You changed a nintedo system to 50 cents ( that is fraud).

Then you went around changing price tags to get things cheaper because you did not have the money? Forget calling your parents they needed to call the police.

Also their is a thing called federal taxes, social security and medicaid that is taken out of your check even at 16!! That is the law.

Yes, you really have to watch your cash register receipts from Wal-Mart! I always do this when I get home, and about 1 in every 4 receipts contains an error....Always in THEIR favor! I must admit that they are very nice when I bring this to their attention during my next trip there, and always refund my money.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #162418

Thank you for supporting my letter cliffhanger.

cliffhanger

I absolutely agree with the complaints 100%. It has happened to me atleast 8-10 times over last 1 year at Walmart Memphis(Winchester road supercenter).

They are not honoring the advertised price on cash register. They close the register and tell you to stand in line again for refund.

When you bring up the issues with store management they are usually very ruse and un-curteous as if its their right to cheat customers. Make sure you all Walmart cunsumers check you your reciept 10 times before leaving the store.

Also make sure to check expiry dates on items as they have started selling expired items as well now in addition to defrauding customers at the cash register...

it's NOT wal-mart's fault if a customer doesn't put something back in the right place.Wal-mart does not have to honor the price difference,so STOP whining!

to gdhf #691814

You obviously don't check your receipts and accept to pay whatever they charge, because I always match the bar code of the product to the sticker on the shelf, because of something that's 'not in the right place' as you are saying. Even so, I STILL get at least 2 items with a higher price when I check out, even though I had repeatedly matched the bar code to the shelf price.

Either they need to change the shelf price, or change the register price so that they are correct.

They make no effort to do either. I don't like being ripped off and forced to check my entire receipt every time I go shopping.

Awka, Anambra, Nigeria #161583

The should displace you and your educated rectum attitude straight to a jail cell.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #160433

Oh Cathy shut up. I bet you are an adult.

Must feel good to pick on a 16 year old. I bet you and Kyle would make good husband and wife. You are both losers and like to pick on 16 year olds. You are *** you know that.

They did get the police involved and I am pissed, that is why I joined this site. The site is called pissedconsumer. I wish there was a site for pissed employees. I don't know what lies they told the cops but they did show up and I have a court date.

So get your facts straight *** woman.

They are presing charges me stuipd woman. Why don't you go to Europe and go to you tax free world.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #160431

First of all, if a customer moves things around than they cannot honor the price. The item has to match the barcode. If the barcode matches they should honor it. That being said, what you basically did was illegal. It is called fraud. They trusted you with the price changing maching that thay had and you took advantage of that.

From what I have read I think this is your problem. You don't think that they should take money for taxes, well the company that employs you does not get the money. The are right the government takes that from you. being a student in some states they don't tax you as much as adults. Another thing, when you buy an item they charge tax, that is most likely why they charge higher at the checkouts. Unless you live in Europe, the prices displayed does not include taxes.

Third you are a minor that broke the law,so they had to involve your parents. Cchaging prices whether through the computer or with your own two hands is against the law. It is scamming, cheating) you are just lucky they did not press charges against you which they could. Some crimes are so serious that if wanted you can be charged as an adult.