5.9K views

I made a purchase at Walmart of $81.10. I ran my card thru as a debit card and it was declined.

The cashier told me that sometimes that happens, so run it thru again as a credit card, and then it was accepted. When I looked at my bank statement it showed that I was charged TWICE for the $81.10!

I went back to Walmart and they asked me if I had come in again and bought the same exact amount of $ of merchandise!!! Are you kidding me?? I said no, so they credited my account for $81.10.

I checked and my bank statement showed the credit.

The next day I looked at my statement (online) and it showed that Walmart charged me again for $81.10!! I went to Walmart and they told me that my bank had charged that last $81.10. They told me to go to the bank and to take it up with them. I went to my bank and explained everything that happened.

They ran the paperwork and showed me on paper that it was Walmart that had charged me again, and not the bank. So now I have to dispute the charge against Walmart.

EVEYBODY CHECK YOUR BANK STATEMENTS!!! WALMART STEALS YOUR MONEY!!!

Review about: Walmart Account.

Comments

Happened to me on July 4th!!! I'm so pissed!!

It happened the same to me. And the manager told me to find a lawyer.

Are you looking at transactions on-line? Charges will show up as pending right away and may show up for a few days to a week until they are finally posted. It may be that you are seeing multiple pending charges but only one will finally post to your account.

I just placed an order on walmart.com and had just put 260. On my debit card befor i placed this order.

After placing my order 2 days later i went to use my card and sice I only spent half of the 250 at walmart.com I knew i had money on my card but it was declined. I embaresed go to my car and chheck my debit card account on my phone. WALMART HAD CHARGED ME TWICE FOR THE SAME ITEM. I ALSO FIND THAT YOU DONT GET A HUMAN WHEN DEALING WITH WALMART.COM.

ITS ALL AUTOMATED SYSTEM. YOU HAVE TO PICK ONE OF THE PROBLEMS LISTED TO GAIN HELP FROM THIS SYSTEM. NONE OF THEM APPLY TO MY PROBLEM.

NONE OF THE LIST SAYS. WALMART SCREWED ME OVER

I just bought a Wal-Mart moneycard several days ago. The first and only transaction I made so far was for YouTube Red, and I quickly found out it charged me twice after I was declined on another purchase I was planning on making. I have been on the phone for over a half hour on hold l, waiting to dispute this.

This just happened to me. Two weeks ago I placed two seperate orders.

Walmart charged the card. The online status said "pending" as it should........two days later the two online orders were marked as purchased....but then........there were two more charges for the exact ammounts. I called my bank....which happens to be "Walmart MoneyCard"

I was told....."oh, that's the merchants fault, they double charged you. Call them.

" Walmart says, "nope...that's the Moneycard teams problem, call them" This goes back and fourth for almost two weeks.

Today I finally went nuclear. I went up the chain at Walmart.......took a LONG time.....but I ended up speaking with an executive at Walmart Headquarters. He checked the statements (I cut and pasted them to the online chat).

He researched.....it took awile.......I stayed calm with him because he was actually trying to DO SOMETHING about it.

He finally chimes in and says...."Yes, this was our mistake. Please accept my apology. Check your moneycard, the amount should be posted on there." It was.

He then says "I have no idea why this was not solved with the frontlines of our customer care, it was an easy fix.

Again, I apologize and I hope you will continue to stick with us despite this."

Thank you Mr. Man at Walmart for actually takling the TIME and EFFORT for helping me

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #1195334

I just got charged 5 times. They wouldn't credit it even though it shows on my phone that they did.

It even has the time stamps. Two are for the same exact time and two more are as well and one is within a few seconds of the other four. Seriously?

They said I have to wait 4-5 days for it to appear as not pending but gone through. In the meantime, this takes my account balance down.

Walmart double charged me and then gave me a credit for one of the charges and I have to wait for up to 15 days to get a refund check from them. You can request it online or call them.

yup.. sometimes their credit card charging system doesn't work (or so it says so) then you will swipe again and get charged twice! now I have to call 479-277-2643 to dispute...

to Anonymous #1464594

Today is April 17, 2018. In checking some taxable contributions that I made in 2018, i noticed 2 charges for $325.00 on my online bank statement for May 1, 2017.

I am a busy person, so It took me about 3 weeks to buckle down and check on the "double hit".

I made a phone call to my bank; my bank made some calls to Wal-Mart; my bank literally handled everything for me inside less than one hour; and then informed me that Wal-Mart would be investigating the incident; and that my $325 would show up in my bank account the next day. It pays to have a good bank and it pays to be a "preferred advantage customer".

Yes I got charged $350 twice

#912009

The exact same thing happened to me! I am starting to wonder if Walmart is doing something fraudulent!

When my bank looked at the transaction it showed I went to two different cashiers.

Which wasnt the case. Also it showed it was deposited to two different banks.

Clarkston, Michigan, United States #648910

Walmart charged me twice for a package of fig newtons yesterday, May 9th 2013, they may have double dipped before, this is the only time I caught them.

to Ringo #1407554

There do this a lot on products o just seen my today!

Morganton, North Carolina, United States #632349

Debit CardI Ordered Some Couches Online Walmart.Com And Used My DebIt Card Yup Purchase TheM . They Took A Pending Fee That Day And Then Charged Me Again Whe They Shipped It To The Walmart Near Me.

I Called The Online Walmart Customer Service To See Why They Charged Me Twice They Said The PEnding Charge Will Be BacK On My Card In 7 Business Days And Its Still Not On There .

Im SodDisappointed Im Trying To Move But Can't. What To Do ?

ive noticed every time i buy my phone card online it charges twice then about a month later it refunds one of the charges on its own. i can see doin tht for regular debit cards cause they cant always see how much u have on it so its kinda like an insurance thing.

but when i use my walmart gift card thts linked to my walmart.com account, it does the same *** thing and declines it cause of it. so basically i have to drive 30 mins one way jus to go buy this *** phone card.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #436558

You guys are still complaining. It turned out that my husbanding seeing the shopping list thinking I had no time to shop bought the items on my joint debit card.

Their online site is just as bad. I ordered one product....never received any confirmation or receipt.

I emailed support on where i can track my order and i was told they dont have any orders from me on file. So i ordered again and actually received confirmation and receipt. I later checked my card account and see that i was charged 3 times. One for the product, one for a pending payment for their own verification of account, and A THIRD TIME for the product again!

I emailed support again and they gave me a textbook response explaining the extra charge is for verification of my card but never explaining the extra active charge. I complained again about the situation and they assured me the charges would clear when the product shipped. So days later the product shipped, no payments cleared, and the very next day i was delivered a 2nd of the same product.

I turned away the product and now i sent another follow up complaint. Now waiting to see what bs they have up their sleeve now.

I just got charged twice, when it said that my card was declined, then went through. Luckily, it was only for $5, but now I have to go back to Wal-Mart to deal with this. It's always something.

Naha-Shi, Okinawa, Japan #49960

Nah... I think you're an *** and you ran your card three times and don't want to accept the blame.

It isn't Walmart that was being ***, it is you. Have a great day!