First of all, I spend a lot of money at Walmart and have done so for years. I borrowed some money from my 401k and my bank was going to put a 10 day hold on it when I went to deposit it into my account.

I needed the money now to cover some bills. I went to Walmart's website and it stated that it cashed 401k disbursements up to $5000. I headed out to my local Walmart relieved that I wasn't going to have to get it cashed at a place that I had already checked with that was going to charge me 4%. I went directly to the check cashing counter and they ran it through some machine and was told that they would not be able to cash my check.

They gave me a number to call and I talked with someone that gave me a bunch of jibberish nonsense about me not having a check cashing history. I asked to speak with a manager and was presented with a young woman who simply told me that she was sorry that they could not help me. I voiced my disappointment in Walmart and the thousands of dollars that I have spent in that store. I left and ended up having to go to a gas station right down the street that charged me $175 to cash my check.

If Walmart had simply cashed my check, I was going to buy groceries and some new tires for my car that same day. But, that didn't happen. And is not going to happen.

I will take my hard earned money elsewhere to spend. I will also discourage others to shop at Walmart from here on out.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Walmart. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments