First of all, I spend a lot of money at Walmart and have done so for years. I borrowed some money from my 401k and my bank was going to put a 10 day hold on it when I went to deposit it into my account.

I needed the money now to cover some bills. I went to Walmart's website and it stated that it cashed 401k disbursements up to $5000. I headed out to my local Walmart relieved that I wasn't going to have to get it cashed at a place that I had already checked with that was going to charge me 4%. I went directly to the check cashing counter and they ran it through some machine and was told that they would not be able to cash my check.

They gave me a number to call and I talked with someone that gave me a bunch of jibberish nonsense about me not having a check cashing history. I asked to speak with a manager and was presented with a young woman who simply told me that she was sorry that they could not help me. I voiced my disappointment in Walmart and the thousands of dollars that I have spent in that store. I left and ended up having to go to a gas station right down the street that charged me $175 to cash my check.

If Walmart had simply cashed my check, I was going to buy groceries and some new tires for my car that same day. But, that didn't happen. And is not going to happen.

I will take my hard earned money elsewhere to spend. I will also discourage others to shop at Walmart from here on out.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Check Cashing.

Comments