2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Almost a week ago I called the Walmart Deli in Harrodsburg Kentucky to place an order for the Harrodsburg Police Department Thanksgiving dinner (2 meat trays & 50 pieces of chicken). I requested a pick-up time of 2:00 pm today - our dinner was scheduled 3:00-5:00.

I went to Walmart around 1:00 (an hour before my pick-up time, hoping that my order would be ready to pick up so that I could tend to the three sides I was making - the girl at the counter reminded me that my pick-up time was 2:00 and said if I would come back then I could pick it all up at 2:00. I was fine with that and said I would come back.

I returned around 2:10 only to find out that my order still wasn't ready and that I would have to wait for 30 more minutes. I was not happy!!

I left the building where our dinner was to be held (about 3 blocks from Walmart) with water on to boil and a casserole in the oven. I was very upset with them, needless to say. She apologized and said we wouldn't be charged for the meat. I told her that I didn't care about getting free meat I just wanted the dinner to start on time.

I had to return to tend to the sides I needed to prepare and had to ask my husband to go back to pick it up. He returned, fortunately, at the very moment the meal was to start (unfortunately, he missed the Chaplain blessing our food).

For anyone else, this might not be that big of a deal, but we planned this time specifically so that 1st shift Officers and dispatchers could eat after their shift, and 2nd shift could stop by on their way to work.

In addition to our order being ready 45 late, after being told that we wouldn't be charged, when my husband went back to get it, he was still charged for most of the order.

And lastly, I ordered meat trays, I wasn't told that most of what was on the really on the meat tray was piles of cheese - probably 3 times more cheese than meat. And the fried chicken was absolutely horrible. A thick layer of hard/crunchy coating with very little actual meat.

I assure you I will never order anything else like this from Walmart.

I was stating my complaint to another employee and she said that the deli and bakery was in desperate need of help and the management wasn't willing to do anything about it. Management should have been back there behind the counter helping out if things are that bad.

I have made many complaints in the past regarding other issues with the Walmart in Harrodsburg; my complaints go unanswered and nothing seems to be getting better.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of walmart chicken. Walmart needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned walmart chicken in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walmart. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Target.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1243913

If you have been aware of problems and actually complained about the location previously, then why in the world would you order from them now? This is not rocket science. Go elsewhere.

Houston, Texas, United States #1243569

The best thing you can do is to call their Corporate Headquarters.