Phelan,California
Resolved
Layout of Store

Update by user Oct 06, 2015

Walmart contacted me within 24 hours of filing a complaint with the BBB I'm happy to say fraudulent charges were reversed upon submitting affadavit of identity theft and the copy police report I filed on day I became aware of fraudulent charges.

Original review posted by user Sep 29, 2015

My account was hacked on 6/21/2015 and 2 straight talk phone plans purchase for total of $385. I immediately tried to cancel upon seeing charges on on bank account.

Unable to process the cancellation I contacted walmart.com customer care to inform them of fraudulent charges. They said they could not reverse charges and instructed me to contact my financial institution. Ive contacted customer care to file complaint and still will not reverse charges. 3 months later Walmart denied the fraudulent charges because they have my name and address.

Of course they have my information I am a past customer. I have proof 1 plan was cancelled and Walmart still refuses to refund me the charges.

I am now out of $385 and my bank Union Bank said they cant do anything.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Account.

Reason of review: FRAUDULENT CHARGES.

I didn't like: Bad customer service.

Comments

Report it to the BBB.

If your account was truly hacked it would seem that either Walmart or your financial institution would have conducted an investigation ( which is the process) and would determine if you yourself had made the purchase or your account had been hacked. Neither one found any evidence of your account being hacked so that's that. End of story.

to Anonymous #1041873

I use to think like you before it happened to me and trusted that a big corporation like Walmart.com is keeps it customers accounts secure. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Google Walmart Fraudulent charges and educate yourself until now I was like you naive. END OF STORY

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #1041917

Take care of your account, don't be careless and you won't have an issue.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #1044410

Glad your issue was resolved, now educate yourself so that you don't have your account hacked again.

to KevinRichards #1044469

Educating myself on not having online accounts with merchants and only using a credit card making purchase as a guest ONLY. My credit card's financial institution Wells Fargo monitors my activity and transactions and does not allow transactions to be process that are out of ordinary at time or purchases for me without making direct contact and verifying the transaction an 11pm purchase would have never been processed without contact.

Inconvenient but its definitely safer to use my credit card than a bank card because merchant will not be paid without a hard copy of documentation of delivery of purchase if I dispute the charges. I took for granted that my financial institution would also protect me.

Lesson learned time to change financial institutions.