WAlmart.com Black Friday Deals a Scam

1069 of 4959 Walmart reviews

I waited up all night (2 am my time) for the deals to start, but the two TVs that were supposed to be online only deals never changed from sold out online.So I kept checking over the next day and suddenly Friday (Black Friday) the TVs were available, but not online in store only with several stores in my area that I can buy it now and pick it up today.

So I bought one and got a message saying it will be ready at 8:55 pm. So I went about 9 pm to the store and did my grocery shopping and then stopped at the pick up counter to see when they thought it might be ready. The guy looked up my order kind of smirked and said yeah that's not in stock it was refunded back to you. I said no rain check?

and he just said no and went back to unpacking boxes. So I ordered another one from my phone at a different store then immediately called and was told the same thing it is not in stock. So I called other stores that were showing in stock and one told me we did have it but it sold out around 5 pm. So I contact Walmart.com customer service and was basically told sorry nothing we can do for you no rain checks for out of stock items, despite the fact they sold it to me twice.

And here is the kicker, if I had not gone to the store to check I would still not have been notified that my orders were not accepted.

They are both showing online as processing right at this moment...I will never shop at Walmart again.To sell inventory that does not exist on Black Friday with no rain check and not even informing the person they wont get the item until they check themselves is absolutely fraud bait and switch tactics.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Selection
  • What I disliked
    • Poor customer service
    • Poor stocking

Reason of review:
Sold me items that didn't exist
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Tcl 55Fs3750 Roku Smart 55-Inch Hdtv
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #741423

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
1069 of 4959 Walmart reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.