Ease of Use

I purchased 3 Mastercard gift cards from Walmart.com. When 2 of my gift recipients went to use them they were declined.

We called Vanilla Mastercard and they said the cards were not activated and we needed to go back to Walmart to have them activate the cards. Well Walmart will NOT do anything for me. I keep getting the Sorry nothing we can do for you from everyone we try to talk to (my local store, corporate, .com customer service, even twitter). I am now out 50.00 for the cards and 3.44 for the "activation fee".

It's very simple to see that the cards were never used so we aren't trying to scam for a free gift card, I just want to have what I paid for. I would STRONGLY recommend going anywhere else and getting gift cards but NOT at Walmart/Walmart.com because if you have a problem they will do NOTHING to help.

Do Not Risk Buying your cards from Walmart. They will NOT help you!

Review about: Walmart Gift Card.

Comments

Austin, Texas, United States #1273256

I think that they are suppose to send a link to how to activate it to your email. Check your spam too. Hope that is it!

Orange, Texas, United States #1271963

Do u have the receipt if so that is ur proof that they were activated, if not then it's ur fault for not keeping the receipt ***.

to Anonymous Trenton, New Jersey, United States #1272111

Anon...wonder why you won't use your name on here....is it because you come on here to be a d*ck!? Anyway YES I have the receipt, No I have never been asked to show the receipt by anyone who I have spoken to.

After I state my problem I get a "sorry we can't help you" response. The proof they were not activated is from Vanilla Customer service who Walmart won't even contact to verify what I am saying to them.