- How the Grinch Stole Thanksgiving

I and undoubtedly thousands of other victims stayed awake until 3AM EST so we could save some money on Christmas gifts this season. Excited that would be offering the full array of 'doorbusters' online.

Well, as I suppose should be expected, Walmart's only real plan was to make sure families were tired and frustrated for the Thanksgiving holiday. Within seconds of the 3:01AM mark, went "down" with unbelievably slow response time, continual error codes, broken shopping carts, and of course "SOLD OUT" status.

I was hoping for three items and had them all lined up ahead of time in my list - ready to add to cart, checkout, and be happy. Nope. Nada. Zero.

So, I called's 24 hour support. Another 49 minutes later and I talk to a lady, not from the USA, who sends me item numbers for comparable items to buy. One was the same item for $80 more, one was a different item with much fewer features for $30 more and one was unrelated. After 20+ minutes talking with her and some frustration she informs me to go to my local Walmart where there will be plenty of stock. I note that it is 5:15AM and she says "good news, the sale starts a 6 so you can get there now and get the items you want". So, I head to Walmart... Only to be told the sale doesn't start until 6PM. So, up all night (now 24+ hours awake) I am tired and frustrated and... Well, if I could destroy all Walmarts I would. Seriously, Walmart has the capability to have the infrastructure and inventory to have prevented this; they just don't have the heart.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Walmart Online Order
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #740537

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 4 No 4
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 20 #1215997 Tenafly, New Jersey

Who the *** forced you to deprive your already suffering brain of sleep to shop at Walmart at 3 AM????

0 0 Reply

Dec 08, 2015 #1075986

You do know that a lot of people shopped online for the sales that day, right? Walmart does not have some endless amount of stock somewhere. Sometimes a product takes a week to come in. Sometimes the warehouse that they are coming from is completely out of a product. I'm sorry that this happened.

5 0 Reply

Dec 09, 2015 #1076010

Unfortunately some of these people think you can just wave a wand and the store can give you an item from its endless stockroom. Adults however know how to use simple logic and reasoning skills.

3 0 Reply

Jan 22 #1099374

Adults with simple logic and reasoning skills could have realized before the much-hyped sale that this would inevitably result and programmed in a digital take-a-number system to minimize or prevent overselling their stock and control traffic volume on payment processing systems.

0 0 Reply

Nov 26, 2015 #1069913

The Aspen dental is the worst dental clinic, I'm trying for 6 months to get my routine dental cleaning and they try to charge me a lot of money for things that I don't needed and if you don't pay the extra don't need they don't do the job....they are a ridiculous thiefers.

1 4 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.