Walmart.com - How the Grinch Stole Thanksgiving
I and undoubtedly thousands of other victims stayed awake until 3AM EST so we could save some money on Christmas gifts this season. Excited that Walmart.com would be offering the full array of 'doorbusters' online.
Well, as I suppose should be expected, Walmart's only real plan was to make sure families were tired and frustrated for the Thanksgiving holiday. Within seconds of the 3:01AM mark, Walmart.com went "down" with unbelievably slow response time, continual error codes, broken shopping carts, and of course "SOLD OUT" status.
I was hoping for three items and had them all lined up ahead of time in my list - ready to add to cart, checkout, and be happy. Nope. Nada. Zero.
So, I called Walmart.com's 24 hour support. Another 49 minutes later and I talk to a lady, not from the USA, who sends me item numbers for comparable items to buy. One was the same item for $80 more, one was a different item with much fewer features for $30 more and one was unrelated. After 20+ minutes talking with her and some frustration she informs me to go to my local Walmart where there will be plenty of stock. I note that it is 5:15AM and she says "good news, the sale starts a 6 so you can get there now and get the items you want". So, I head to Walmart... Only to be told the sale doesn't start until 6PM. So, up all night (now 24+ hours awake) I am tired and frustrated and... Well, if I could destroy all Walmarts I would. Seriously, Walmart has the capability to have the infrastructure and inventory to have prevented this; they just don't have the heart.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Walmart Online Order
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This store along with several other stores or companies uses "Synchrony Bank" which is the new name for GE Money GE Capital Retail Money Bank GE Capital Retail Bank for..."
- " I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost..."
- "I tried to return a car battery and was told I would not be able to get a refund. The battery was bough 2 days prior to the attempted..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- " I purchased a puppy from Petland South Semoran in October 2016. I paid 2,400 Needless to say I fell in love with my puppy the moment I saw him. So..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."