I placed an on 9/13 and signed up for Walmart's 2 day shipping pass to try free for 30 days.When I ordered the items that totaled under $50, the shipping was indeed free and it appeared that I was not charged for it.
When I checked on line the following day to see when my order would arrive, it said 9/19, which was not 2 business days but 3. I called customer service at Walmart.com and was told by the agent that he would update the shipping info and it would indeed arrive on 9/16 AND I would receive an $8 credit for the inconvenience. I did NOT receive this order today. When I called to ask what happened, the customer service rep said there was no note regarding the shipping date change or the credit.
She also said that there was no indication as to who I spoke to because there are different call centers so there is no way to know who it was that lied to me about this. She then went on to explain that NONE of my items were eligible for Shipping Pass. It seems that the words Shipping Pass appears under the price but that does not mean that it actually qualifies for shipping pass. Clearly the item pages seem designed to look like the items qualify for shipping pass even when they don't.
When you click on the "ShippingPass" icon under the price, it says "Try ShippingPass Free for 30 days" (see photos below). Since I wasn't charged for shipping when the order was placed, it looked like they did qualify. So, the combination of the lying customer service rep, the bait and switch tactic and the fact that you can't tell what qualifies and what doesn't is so shady I can't even stand it.
So I'm cancelling the ShippingPass membership and letting everyone know to beware of this option when ordering from Walmart.com.If the free shipping on each item is purposely difficult to figure out, what's the point?
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Ease of Use|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lying customer service rep
- Purposely misleading shipping pass availability
You May Also Like
- "I tried to return a car battery and was told I would not be able to get a refund. The battery was bough 2 days prior to the attempted..."
- "Tuesday, July 19, 2016 Back in earlier July of 2016, my 85 year old mother who is Permanently Disabled, including having a Prolapsed Bladder, Heart Condition and Low Circulation In Both..."
- "I purchased a Dell Optiplex 780 model refurbished PC from Wal-Mart Online and will regret it until my dying day! It was $275 + $47 for the Wal-Mart Product Care..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "I purchase a box of scented trash bags from GLAD. Every single trash bag was defective, leaving garbage juice to leak all over my kitchen floor. Worse yet, I'm pregnant..."
- "I expected to receive my FedEx package shopped on Walmart by Friday August 12th but didn’t. I called the FedEx customer service (800) 463-3339 and was told I need to..."
- "All I asked for was to talk to an Admin because I thought his/her job performance was VERY POOR and I cant even believe they act so stubborn. I don't..."
- ". I paid for three year's worth of service in advance in June of 2012. Not only did they show up unprepared to install the bait in the..."