ShippingPass - BEWARE!

I placed an on 9/13 and signed up for Walmart's 2 day shipping pass to try free for 30 days.When I ordered the items that totaled under $50, the shipping was indeed free and it appeared that I was not charged for it.

When I checked on line the following day to see when my order would arrive, it said 9/19, which was not 2 business days but 3. I called customer service at and was told by the agent that he would update the shipping info and it would indeed arrive on 9/16 AND I would receive an $8 credit for the inconvenience. I did NOT receive this order today. When I called to ask what happened, the customer service rep said there was no note regarding the shipping date change or the credit.

She also said that there was no indication as to who I spoke to because there are different call centers so there is no way to know who it was that lied to me about this. She then went on to explain that NONE of my items were eligible for Shipping Pass. It seems that the words Shipping Pass appears under the price but that does not mean that it actually qualifies for shipping pass. Clearly the item pages seem designed to look like the items qualify for shipping pass even when they don't.

When you click on the "ShippingPass" icon under the price, it says "Try ShippingPass Free for 30 days" (see photos below). Since I wasn't charged for shipping when the order was placed, it looked like they did qualify. So, the combination of the lying customer service rep, the bait and switch tactic and the fact that you can't tell what qualifies and what doesn't is so shady I can't even stand it.

So I'm cancelling the ShippingPass membership and letting everyone know to beware of this option when ordering from the free shipping on each item is purposely difficult to figure out, what's the point?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Ease of Use

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Lying customer service rep
    • Purposely misleading shipping pass availability

Reason of review:
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about