1.9
Layout of Store

I'm went into my local Walmart today at 151 East 6th Street in Long Beach California to pick up some hygiene items. I was followed around the cosmetic department while shopping for my items by an employee, who told me (when I was finished in that department ) that Icould not take my items out of the area mind you everytime I go into the store if I've never had to pay for my cosmetics in that department I told him to hold my things I had more shopping to do in the baby b department and I'd come back.

When I was done done shopping I went to the register in cosmetics to purchase my items, I tied to pay with a $100 bill, cashier behind the register held the bill up to the ceiling lights and (to my surprise) told me the bill wa. fake, I thought he was joking, and he then called the manager , whose name badge said Allen. This young man starts yelling at me sayin, "OH *** NO, THIS IS FAKE, WE CAN'T TAKE THIS FAKE *** BILL, YOU NEEF TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE WITH THIS! I could not believe the treatment and unprofessional tone and language that he took with me, he was talking to me like I was a kid, I'm 52 years old, I was so shocked and embarrassed, I felt like I was about to have a stroke.

Never once did he use the counterfeit maker or putt the bill under the counterfeit light, he just kept holding it up to the lights on the ceiling telling me the bill was fake. After much humiliation, embarrassment, and emotional anguish, I got my $100 bill and left the store.

I wound up walking another three blocks to a 99 cent store and spending $50 out of the $100 bill that I was using at Wal-Mart, I found out ironic that the manager at the 99 cent store used the counterfeit detection pen on the bill, gave me my change and thanked me for shopping there. I used to be a die hard Wal-Mart shopper, after the way I was treated today, I will never step foot in another Wal-Mart for as long as I have breath in my body.

Comments

Counterfeit markers don't do a bit of good any more since counterfeiters have found ways to get around them. A lot of retailers have stopped using them.

A lot have started using a machine that can tell if they're fake, but since walmart doesn't have those, or counterfeit lights, they do exactly what you described which is to hold them to the light and look for the security markers that all legal currency has. Also, if you were trying to purchase something that was locked in a case, like perfume, then they do sometimes make you pay for the item there instead of taking it with you depending on the availability of security devices.

Nothing to be mad about. I feel bad for the 99 cent store when they try to take your bill to the bank.

to Anonymous Mountain View, California, United States #941146

I withdrew it from th. bank yesterday.

I've reached out to the teller as well as the branch manager.

Blessings.