2.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I was checking my credit account with Walmart Credit and discovered an error.I sent them two payments of $225.00 to be applied to my account, one for my usual monthly payment and the other to be applied on the principal on the debt.

Both payments were initially credited to the account on September 1, 2017. However, their accounting office, for some unknown reason on September 7, transferred one of the $225.00 payments to someone in Alpharetta, Georgia. I called their offices about a month ago to make an inquiry on this transfer and was told it had been transferred “to my old Walmart account to cover an outstanding balance on it.” I informed the person I was speaking to that there could be no “outstanding balance” on that account, as the complete balance of it was transferred to the new card when it was issued. I was then told the money would be credited back to my account.

Since then, my normal monthly payment of $225.00 was received and credited on October 3, 2017, but the $225.00 that was transferred to Alpharetta, Georgia is still missing. Nobody at Walmart/Synchony seems to know exactly where my money went, but I want it refunded back into my account immediately and applied toward the principal on my debt balance.

I file a fraud complain and mailed it in, but the Walmart Credit site sys it may take up to two months to respond to the complaint.Meantime, I am paying additional interest to them because of this error.

Review about: Walmart Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Your credit card policy.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

UPDATE: Walmart sent me a check in the mail for $225.00 Friday, October 20, 2017.but they charged the refund to my Walmart account.

So what did that accomplish?

They still owe me for the original $225.00, because they charged ME $225.00 against my account for refunding the original $225.00.And my account is STILL gaining interest while this mess is going on.

On October 16, 2017, I checked my Walmart Card balance and found out that my balance had gone UP $363.00.Instead of deducting the $225.00 refund I SHOULD have been credited with, it was ADDED to my current balance along with an increase in interest $3.83.

Maybe I was better off just letting them keep the $225.00 I was cheated out of, because they have now cheated me out of another $225.00 plus interest.

My balance actually went up from $6625.54 to 6989.35.There have been no other charges made on my bill by me, but my bill has increased by $363.81