I ordered a humidifier from Walmart.com. When it was delivered it was damaged. I immediately contacted the email customer support.

I exchanged emails with 2 different people, both of which had a different answer for my question. Not being satisfied I searched for an 800 number.

After 3 attempts to be connected to a representative and 10 minutes of automated system gibberish I finally reached a very unpleasant and unhelpful gentlemen.

My options were this, take the item to a store, return it for a refund (which takes 2 billing cycles) or if they have the same item I could exchange it. OR I could pay more of my money to ship it back to the store and wait patiently for a replacement.

There are 2 things I don't understand or appreciate. Firstly, they claim to have such wonderful customer service and yet there was no real help to be found, I have to hoop jump and take time out of my day for their mistake. Surely there must be an easier way to do this, I can think of one right off the top of my head.

Secondly, why is it that they immediately charge my credit card for the item purchased, but when it needs to be returned due to their mistake it takes 2 billing cycles (essentially 2 months) to receive the refund credit???? Surely if they can take it so quickly, they can give it back just as fast.

Overall, I am no longer a Walmart Customer, I am taking all my business to Target, as will all my friends and family. Their customer service is a joke.

Comments