ON 01/18/12 I PURCHASED A DEBIT CARD AND PAID $3.00 FOR THE CARD AND TENDERED $275.00 OF MY SS MONEY. AT THE MOMENT THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY TO US.I HAD TO PAY SOME BILLS AND I DO NOT BELIEVE IN OUR BANKING SYSTEM THE WAY IT IS BEING RUN TODAY!

WHEN I ARRIVED HOME I DIALED THE # ON THE CARD, WENT THRU THE *** OF ANSWERING THE MONOTONE RECORDING AND WAS INFORMED THAT I WAS BEING TRANSFERRED TO A PERSON. HE INFORMED ME THAT THEY COULD NOT ACTIVATE THE CARD BECAUSE OF " ILLEGAL ACTIVITY" WITH MY SS #. SINCE THEY WERE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOTH MY SS# AND THE DEBIT CARD NUMBERS, LETS PONDER ON WHERE THIS ILLEGAL ACTIVITY TOOK PLACE...SO I ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR AND WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR A TOTAL OF 40 MINUTES LISTENING TO WHAT I SUPPOSE WAS THE PHILLIPINES NATIONAL ANTHEM WHICH I ASSUME IS COMPOSED OF 4 NOTES PLAYED OVER AND OVER...FINALLY A SUPERVISOR WAS SUMMONED AND WENT THRU THE SAME SPEECH WITH ME (YOU COULD HEAR HIM TURNING THE SCRIPT PAGES). AT THAT POINT I ASKED FOR HIS SUPERVISOR (BIG MISTAKE) AND WAS REPAID BY HAVING TO LISTEN TO 30 MORE MINUTES FOR THEM HE CAME BACK ON THE PHONE TO TELL ME THAT THEY COULD NOT FIND A HIGHER(?) SUPERVISOR BUT I COULD LEAVE MY # AND HE WOULD CALL ME "TOMORROW"----THAT WAS 2 DAYS AGO AND I AM SITTING HERE, DREADING LISTENING TO THOSE SAME 4 NOTES ONCE AGAIN.

PAIN AND SUFFERING??

SO I DECIDED TO CALL WALMART IN RIFLE, COLORADO WHERE I PURCHASED THE CARD. ON THE PHONE I SPOKE WITH ONE OF THE STORE'S ASSISTANT MGRS RENEE, SHE SAID SHE UNDERSTOOD MY PREDICAMENT BUT POINTED OUT TO ME THAT THIS WAS A COMPANY THAT WAS SEPERATE FROM WALMART. I TOLD HER I WAS UNAWARE THAT WALMART MADE ANYTHING THAT THEY SELL.

I CANNOT REMEMBER DRIVING PAST A WALMART KNOCK OFF CEREAL COMPANY OR A WALMART FERTILIZER PLANT. THEY ARE ALL SEPERATE COMPANIES. I TOLD HER I WAS COMING DOWN THERE WITH THE POLICE AND THE NEWSPAPER PEOPLE ( A JOKE BUT I SHOULD HAVE). I TOLD HER THAT WHEN I PURCHASED THE CARD IT WAS WITH THE EXPECTATION OF OBTAINNG THE SAME AMOUNT OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND PROTECTION AS WITH ANY OTHER WALMART PRODUCT.

NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS NASTY.

I ARRIVED AT THE STORE W/ MY WIFE AND WENT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHERE THEY PAGED RENEE. WE STEPPED BACK INTO THE AISLE AND IJOKINGLY REMARKED TO A YOUNG CASHIER "WATCH ME, THEY ARE GOING TO ARREST ME." DOWN THE HALL CAME RENEE AND HER TRUSTED AMAZON PARTNER. WITH THEIR JAWS SQUARED AND THEIR PURPOSEFUL MARCH THAT WAS SO FRIGHTENING THAT MY WIFE TURNED AND MOVED AWAY. CHECK YOUR SURVEILLANCE FOOTAGE.

BEFORE THEY WERE 10 FEET FROM ME RENEE ANNOUNCED THAT SHE HAD LOOKED IT OVER AND THERE WAS NOTHING THAT SHE COULD DO. THIS WAS SAID IN SUCH A DEFENSIVE MANNER DEVOID OF ANY COMPASSION OR CARING THAT I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!! CHECK THE FOOTAGE!!! AT THIS POINT MY FRUSTRATION BOILED OVER AND I SAID " MY MONEY IS IN THAT DRAWER AND YOU ARE TELLING ME I HAVE TO WAIT 2-3 WEEKS FROM A COMPANY THAT I AM NOT VERY SURE WILL EVER SEND IT?

SO I WAS LOUD AND I BELIEVE I HAD EVERY RIGHT TO BE ANGRY. I FELT AS IF I WAS BEING HELD UP BY SOMEONE WITH A GUN! SAME OUTCOME!!! LEGAL, PERHAPS BUT MORAL??

I DON'T THINK SO. THE SECOND THAT I SPOKE AGAIN I WAS ASKED TO LEAVE WITH THIS IMPERIOUS VOICE FROM THE LARGE ONE. THEY BOTH SURROUNDED AND PROCEEDED TO HERD ME TO THE DOOR THE ENTIRE TIME THAT I WAS YELLING "DON'T SHOP AT WALMART! THEY ARE CROOKS AND THIEVES!!

I WAS FOLLOWED OUTSIDE WHERE I STOOD YELLING AT CUSTOMERS NOT TO SHOP AT WALMART!! THEY SAID THEY WERE CALLING THE COPS AND I SAID FINE....

MY WIFE ASKED ME TO GET IN THE CAR AND WE LEFT, UNABLE TO PAY OUR BILLS (I AM A HEART PATIENT AND ON OXYGEN - I NEED ELECTRICITY TO BREATHE AT NIGHT). THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO SIGN OF CONCERN OR TRUE UNDERSTANDING FOR ME OR MY PROBLEM BUT RATHER THEY REMINDED ME OF THE FACELESS VOICE THAT I SPOKE WITH ORIGINALLY IN THE PHILLIPINES EACH HAD THEIR OWN LITTLE CORPORATE SPEECH TO READ TO US "WORKER BEES" THAT'S ALL I'M TIRED OF GRIPING AND I AM STILL WITHOUT THE MONEY.

Review about: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

First of all, I've put my money on one of these cards as a gift to a relative...I've had NO trouble whatsoever. Are you illiterate? Second, why don't you have a bank account to direct deposit your funds?

A good reason to support Jack Kavorkian!