Salkum, Washington

I tried to write a check at Walmart to pay for my glasses. The check was denied by Telecheck.

I have never bounced a check at Walmart. It was very embarrassing to have all of the people around me hear the cashier tell me that my check was denied. When I called my bank they said there was no reason for my check to be denied - there was plenty of money in there. I deeply resent the implementions that I was trying to pass a bad check.

I find your business practice to be completely unacceptable and very unbusinesslike. I am most unhappy.

Review about: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

Walmart sucks. The same problem happened to me. and I had $5000 in my account at the time when I wrote a $3 check.

smedrik
Palo Alto, California, United States #251062

Telecheck doesn't look to see if you have the money in your account, they reference your credit rating. Poor credit - no cheques.

The implication wasn't that you were going to pass off a bad cheque, the implication is that you have been a poor payer in the past and it is in Wal-marts best interest to get firm payment on the spot.

Most places no longer accept Cheques as everybody uses debit, which is pretty much the same thing, but instant.

Stores can refuse checks for any or no reason. Join us in the 21st century and get a debit/check card.

Telecheck deals with thousands of companies, not just walmart. you have a bad debt showing up in the telecheck system, call telecheck and have it removed. that will clear this up.