Resolved
4.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Oct 06, 2016

Update: The incident happened two days ago and I've just wrote to Walmart cooperate last night.

I am extremly surprised, yet pleased how quickly the matter was resolved; I walked to customer service today, hoping for clarification about the incident and the no-return—even with receipt "policy" I was supposed to oblige by. As I stood at the counter, I saw the assistant manager again (she must have been on her break, since she was standing in line as well).

Since I wasn't sure if I had gotten her name correctly the other night, I've asked her again.

However, as I walked away, I overheard her speaking into the phone, saying: "she is here now". Naturally, I assumed that I would have to partake in yet another verbal—and emotionally draining—battle. A nice looking man and women walked over, asking me to talk away from the servive desk (which I found very professional).

He introduced himself as Adam, the stores main manager and told me he had already written me an email.

He then apologized for Brianna's behaviors and the incident in general, stating that this should have never happened.

Apparently, he reviewed the security tape and saw what really happened. He apologized again and told me that I will not only be able to return the items I didn't want, but gave me a $100 gift card for the inconvenience.

I am very impressed and pleased by his behaviors and the quick solution.

Furthermore, I was told to ask or call Adam directly should I ever run into a problem again. Due to the manager, Adam's, actions, Walmart didn't lose a customer but gained new respect.

Original review posted by user Oct 05, 2016

To Whom it May Concern,

I am writing to you, the cooperate office, hoping that you may be able to view this unfortunate situation from a humanistic standpoint and allowing me to vent my frustration and sheer disbelief.

Furthermore, I am hopeful that you may offer a suggestion as to remedy this unfortunate (and very humiliating) situation.

I had just purchased the second Carbon Monoxide detector within two days days, yet again the item was defective, thus I drove to my local Walmart in Tacoma to exchange the item once more.

I finally approached the counter, receipt in hand—after patiently waiting in line for 30 plus minutes— just to be told that no further returns would be accepted (by the same representative that had just sold me the second detector the night before).

Naturally, I was completely shocked, petrified and embarrassed and didn't understand what was going on and why I wasn't allowed to EXCHANGE a faulty item with a receipt (to the same lady selling me the item nevertheless).

The assistant manager who had been walking around the customer service area since I arrived came over and told me curtly she has orders from "security".

I asked to speak to her superior and was told that she was the manger (her name was Brianna or something similar; I asked to take her info, yet had no paper or pen and wasn't offered any assistance by her).

In retrospect I find the situation/the assistant managers behavior even ruder since she was at and behind the service desk the entire time while I was waiting more than half an hour in line, holding only the detector and receipt, this she knew that I was waiting to return/exchange, yet instead of talking to me privately, she watched me wait and then finally shocked and embarrassed as I was denied an exchange in front of other customers; she didn't help customers, thus she would have had plenty of time to warn me of the coming embarrassment.

I finally realized that I was being labeled a thief and asked to talk to whomever gave her the orders. I was cut off and told in a very rude way "you can't talk to security" as the assistant manager walked off.

My parents owned a two large stores in Germany, a modern art gallery and a high end clothing store, thus I am very aware of shoplifters and have always hated them with a passion, naturally I wanted to clear my reputation, especially after just spending $200 in-store the previous night and $1000 on the Walmart card.

I pride myself in being very honest and just a few weeks ago drove back to Walmart, despite being 11pm, to pay for two packs of cigarettes and an iTunes card, since the cashier forgot to charge me, yet I saw his mistakes at home and wanted to make it right. The night manager was a bit perplexed as I asked to pay for the items I already had at home, however, once she figured out that I came all the way back to cover Walmart's mistake, she repeatedly thanked me for my actions.

So much for honesty. Furthermore, I asked the rather rude manager why I am no longer allowed returns WITH RECEIPT, yet she answered that she follows direct orders from "security".

Again, I asked to speak to the elusive security, but was now told that they are in a meeting and it will take a long time.

A second manager joined, I appealed at his decency, explaining my recent purchase history, including the first broken detector and a TV stand I had ordered from Walmart.com, (both still sitting at the customer service desk since the reps are having apparent difficulties when trying to return an online item in store).

His response was that he "hasn't seen the tape yet".

Hopefully this mistake can be resolved ASAP, since I haven't received a refund for my returned items; both are still at customer service, and I can't carry this heavy piece of furniture back home just to ship it to Walmart for a refund again.

I have never been treated so crudely in my life and am certain that Sam Walton would be appalled.

I held Walmart in high regards and would have never expected its employees to act in such an insincere and hypocritical manner; a stark opposite to Walton's brilliant values.

"Respect for the Individual:

We encourage those around us to express their thoughts and ideas. We treat each other with dignity. This is the most basic way we show respect.

Service to our Customers:

Our customers are the reason we’re in business, so we should treat them that way. We offer quality merchandise at the lowest prices, and we do it with the best customer service possible. We look for every opportunity where we can exceed our customers’ expectations. That’s when we’re at our very best."

Customer service is the lifeblood of any successful company; nobody deserves to be falsely accused, discriminated against, yet denied an explanation.

Unfortunately, I was neither treated with respect nor shown excellent customer service; quite the opposite.

I would really value some sort of explanation as to why I was treated this way, however, the situation could be easily solved: watching the stores surveillance tapes would certainly provide much needed clarity.

Hopefully, I will receive an apology as well.

Thank you for your patience, reading this novella, yet I never had anything remotely similar happen to me and am still utterly shocked.

Sincerely,

A pissed costumer

This reviewer shared experience about "false accusations " and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $120. user58361784 is overall dissatisfied with Walmart. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments

I want a free $100 walmart card too.

snugglegirl05
Houston, Texas, United States #1223034

What is a cooperate office?

This complaint is too long to read.

user58361784
to Anonymous Tacoma, Washington, United States #1223105

The incident is resolved. I did write to cooperate and received an email from my stores manager back, apologizing.

Furthermore, he gave me a $100 gift card for the inconvenience.

I'm surprised and quite pleased.

snugglegirl05
to user58361784 Houston, Texas, United States #1223187

You continue to mention cooperate.

What is a cooperate office?

to Anonymous Salem, Oregon, United States #1228524

Seriously. You know they mean Corporate & you are being petty. Wouldn't it make sense to cooperate with them?