Originally paid over $450.00 for prescription glasses from Walmart Vision Center. The glasses eventually fell apart but were repairable. In mid December 2011, I decided to take my glasses to the Walmart Vision Center in Lee's Summit, MO for repair. My sister drove me there and picked me up. There is only one in that particular city, mind you.

I entered the Vision Center and I explained to the staff person that the original purchase was in North Richland Hills, Texas but since Walmart carries a lifetime warrantly on frames, and I no longer lived in Texas, I was in dire need to get them repaired. All the previous information was verified in their system. The clerk took my glasses and case and said she would try to send them to get the stems secured back on the frameless acrylic lenses. I didn't get a claim ticket, nor was offered one. After 2 weeks and no call from Walmart Vision Center, I and went to the location to check on them. Long story short, they claim they never received any glasses from me and suggested that I perhaps took them to a different location. I asked for the Manager to take my concerns to the next level. When I explained the sitiuation, I was shocked by this woman's reaction. After 'searching' her back area, she came out and said that they weren't any where to be found and tried to convince me that I must have taken them to a different store. Walmart took no responsibility what so ever. I asked for Surveillance tapes to be pulled and that was met with defiance. I still do not have my glasses and they have stopped looking for them.

How can they prosecute shoplifters from their store, but don't allow themselves to be prosecuted by claiming ignorance?

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Manager.

Comments

Next time, don't leave the store without a receipt or ticket. Brains. Use em.