2.6

I was told that my dog must be removed from the cart. I am disabled so I can't carry her.

I have had others complain that the dog is in the way when they are walking. So I always bring a blanket to completely cover the seat. He said it didn't matter. He said the FDA is checking the carts for ***.

I asked what about kids with poopy diapers that I see a lot. He said "just remove the dog". I did to avoid the embarrassment he caused me in front of other customers. But ADA trumps FDA.

They need to be re-educated. He said it was Walmart's policy.

Reason of review: Service Dog Bias.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Products.

I didn't like: Service dog policies.

Comments

I was told the same thing I remove my dog but left her clean bed on the children space and i was told once again that i need to removed the her bed, customers had step in the past on my service dog since she is a 3.6oz yorkie. I'm a veteran with PTS, deaf, and with a limp. I believe Walmart should change their policies about service small dogs.

Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #1308145

I went thru the same thing my puppy was inside a brand new carrier inside cart and they said it was unsanitary . Really you want me to walk a 4 lb dog around your store?

You let labs, Great Danes, pit bulls etc who are shedding hair all over and that's sanitary ? I wash my cart down because I don't want them catching diseases from the nasty diapers and people I've seen go in and out.

Miami, Florida, United States #1183907

I was just in the Walmart, in Cooper City, Florida, where management did not want to do a thing about a non service dog.

I had the same experience at Walmart on April 16th,2015. I had put a clean blanket under my Yorkie.

She was in the small child's seat. I placed her on the floor, after the manager spoke with me. My dog became really nervous so I carried her but had difficulty shopping, and my arms hurt.

One lady that I talked to in Walmart had spent $50.00 on a dog carrier on wheels. Well that is nice but not everyone can afford that and it is the principle of the policy that matters.

It is difficult enough for folks with any type of disability to cope without Walmart putting up more barriers to shopping in their store.

This policy is also not in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Too bad for Walmart.

How about this... Go find a friend! And not some imaginary person...

Irving, Illinois, United States #897987

Next time keep your wife in the car ---" BADDA-BING!!!!

lmao! op is discriminating a "companion dog".

its a type of animal to make one "feel good or not lonely" a real service dog doesnt ride in carts because they are "working dogs". yes walmart is right it is a health violation and safety.(if a real service dogs pees or *** than walmart has to clean it up by law most real owners will inform the employees) also your dog should be leashed! unfortunately the disability act does not allow a "veneration" of a service dog. this oversight has caused many to misunderstand and misuse of service dogs.

(or pigs or monkeys each have a different skill). if your "dog" was service it wont get in "peoples way" even if its a seizure dog so if i saw you i would escort you and your companion dog out. i havent been wrong yet on which are service and which are companion. if i ever do mistake i will apologize and im not worry about "an action law suit".

i know what an owner of one acts like and how one acts. the disability act needs to allow for a certification. its a real safety concern. i saw a dog and own that just didnt look right so a went ask the magic words ("is that a service animal?") and just before i got there a kid of about 5 "petted" the dog and all *** broke lose!

(yes the parents should of done a better job) the guy wanted to sue me for throwing his dog. nothing happened because guess what it wasnt a "service dog." i really want a registration for service animals. like police dogs go to " school" and get a certificate saying it completed it. (they just dont pick up a random dog and train it how ever they want) i know it wont happen because of time and money and to be taken as "discriminating" to people with disabilities.

(i feel it will prevent those "half asked" dog service programs and protect people) i have read the act and deal with the act a lot.

real service animals are a great tool but too many people abuse it. that's my two sense

to silly #897547

you are wrong on so many points, even the part that says pigs & monkeys can be service animals. (Only dogs and miniature horses) Also, the professional trainers of service dogs often get their dogs from the shelter....not just purebreds.

And by the way you signed it "just my two sense".

Its cents........oh, brother. That explains a lot.

Let me know where you work and I'll have a parade of service dogs & lawyers there.

to sgsanctuary Erie, Pennsylvania, United States #897982

Dogs from shelters are all jacked in the head and also have nervous problems. not good for service.

The one I got humped everything in site and bit my toe. had to put it down.

to Anonymous #898083

sounds like you shouldn't have a dog at all

to sgsanctuary Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States #898199

If u have a parade of service dogs then u are rich. Just have walmart deliver the goods to your house or your lawyer's office.

to hugh janus Plant City, Florida, United States #898206

Don't have to.....laws on my side...

Edmond, Oklahoma, United States #896923

What kind of service dog rides in a cart?? Something does not sound right.

Let me guess it was a "Therapy" dog.

That is abused so bad by people who want to carry their small muts everywhere like a fashion statement.

Where?

to GOD #896314

I was in a walmart in Vietnam and saw a dog in there. It was in the meat cooler section and packaged at $2.99 a pound.

to Anonymous #896508

China does the same.

It sounds like you might be the one that needs education. A dog that is small enough to ride in the cart is only a companion dog.

They aren't going to do anything to help you. They aren't guide dogs, if you fell your dog wouldn't be able to help you. There are legitimate service dogs and then there are people that think their cute little fluff balls or ones that look like a rat are service dogs. IF you can lift the dog into the cart you can carry it.

If I was a store manager people that bring in alleged service dogs would have to show me very definite proof that they are legitimate service dogs and not companions of toys. There isn't any reason to take a companion dog or toy with you all over. The proof that I would demand would have to be more legitimate than what people can order online.

I don't feel any animal belongs in any store other than a pet store, even when they are in those cute carriers that some people carry their pets in. What is you handicap, and do you have a handicapped parking permit?

to anonymous Plant City, Florida, United States #896354

Another uninformed person.

Read the ADA laws and educate yourself.

Service dogs come in all sizes. Hearing dogs, seizure dogs,

diabetic alert dogs,PTSD dogs that alert to anxiety & panic attacks.

They are used for a range of medical problems.

Not that it's any of your business....but yes I have a handicap plate on my car.

I also have a letter from my doctor that says I need my dog. I also have her registered at Service Dog Registry, however it is not a government issue. The government is governed by HIPPA laws, so they don't require anything. The dog doesn't have to even have a jacket.

(By the way, How's your prostate? Since you seem to feel free to ask me personal questions.) Don't get me wrong....I am all for a government registry to get rid of the people that abuse the system.

I have had 3 back surgeries and have a severe case of PTSD. And you're on my last nerve.

to sgsanctuary #896390

Don't forget to buy a pure breed dog. They have better resale value and taste better.

to Anonymous #896511

I usually sell mine to the Korean restaurant down the street after drowning the dog.