2.6

I was told that my dog must be removed from the cart.I am disabled so I can't carry her.

I have had others complain that the dog is in the way when they are walking. So I always bring a blanket to completely cover the seat. He said it didn't matter. He said the FDA is checking the carts for ***.

I asked what about kids with poopy diapers that I see a lot. He said "just remove the dog". I did to avoid the embarrassment he caused me in front of other customers. But ADA trumps FDA.

They need to be re-educated.He said it was Walmart's policy.

Reason of review: Service Dog Bias.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Products.

I didn't like: Service dog policies.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

I went thru the same thing my puppy was inside a brand new carrier inside cart and they said it was unsanitary .Really you want me to walk a 4 lb dog around your store?

You let labs, Great Danes, pit bulls etc who are shedding hair all over and that's sanitary ?I wash my cart down because I don't want them catching diseases from the nasty diapers and people I've seen go in and out.

Miami, Florida, United States #1183907

I was just in the Walmart, in Cooper City, Florida, where management did not want to do a thing about a non service dog.

I had the same experience at Walmart on April 16th,2015.I had put a clean blanket under my Yorkie.

She was in the small child's seat. I placed her on the floor, after the manager spoke with me. My dog became really nervous so I carried her but had difficulty shopping, and my arms hurt.

One lady that I talked to in Walmart had spent $50.00 on a dog carrier on wheels. Well that is nice but not everyone can afford that and it is the principle of the policy that matters.

It is difficult enough for folks with any type of disability to cope without Walmart putting up more barriers to shopping in their store.

This policy is also not in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Too bad for Walmart.

How about this... Go find a friend! And not some imaginary person...

Irving, Illinois, United States #897987

Next time keep your wife in the car ---" BADDA-BING!!!!

lmao!op is discriminating a "companion dog".

its a type of animal to make one "feel good or not lonely" a real service dog doesnt ride in carts because they are "working dogs". yes walmart is right it is a health violation and safety.(if a real service dogs pees or *** than walmart has to clean it up by law most real owners will inform the employees) also your dog should be leashed! unfortunately the disability act does not allow a "veneration" of a service dog. this oversight has caused many to misunderstand and misuse of service dogs.

(or pigs or monkeys each have a different skill). if your "dog" was service it wont get in "peoples way" even if its a seizure dog so if i saw you i would escort you and your companion dog out. i havent been wrong yet on which are service and which are companion. if i ever do mistake i will apologize and im not worry about "an action law suit".

i know what an owner of one acts like and how one acts. the disability act needs to allow for a certification. its a real safety concern. i saw a dog and own that just didnt look right so a went ask the magic words ("is that a service animal?") and just before i got there a kid of about 5 "petted" the dog and all *** broke lose!

(yes the parents should of done a better job) the guy wanted to sue me for throwing his dog. nothing happened because guess what it wasnt a "service dog." i really want a registration for service animals. like police dogs go to " school" and...

(i feel it will prevent those "half asked" dog service programs and protect people) i have read the act and deal with the act a lot.

real service animals are a great tool but too many people abuse it.that's my two sense

sgsanctuary
to silly #897547

you are wrong on so many points, even the part that says pigs & monkeys can be service animals.(Only dogs and miniature horses) Also, the professional trainers of service dogs often get their dogs from the shelter....not just purebreds.

And by the way you signed it "just my two sense".

Its cents........oh, brother.That explains a lot.

Let me know where you work and I'll have a parade of service dogs & lawyers there.

to sgsanctuary Erie, Pennsylvania, United States #897982

Dogs from shelters are all jacked in the head and also have nervous problems.not good for service.

The one I got humped everything in site and bit my toe.had to put it down.

sgsanctuary
to Anonymous #898083

sounds like you shouldn't have a dog at all

to sgsanctuary Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States #898199

If u have a parade of service dogs then u are rich. Just have walmart deliver the goods to your house or your lawyer's office.