I bought an i pod touch for my son at Walmart on black Friday. The sales woman specifically said "Oh you need this 2 year extended product plan--you're covered if your son drops it or cracks it or anything!" 1 year and 2 months later WALMART DOES NOT COVER the i pod on their product care plan.

What a ripoff!

Walmart will give you the phone number for Apple at no charge so you can pay Apple--and you still have your 2 year product care plan which is essentially no good.

WALMART SHOPPERS BEWARE THE UPSELL OF THE LYING SALESWOMAN PEDDLING THE PRODUCT CARE PLAN. Better yet shop any other retailer.

Comments

I also bought an iPod from Walmart. It broke.

I sent it out to Apple, and it was replaced for FREE.

No problem. What are you so pissed off about, the fact that you can't read instructions?

The pamplet they give you says what you need to do and it says nothing about taking it back to walmart... Just need to read what you buy... Dont assume

As an employee of wal-mart, you would have been better off reading your phamplet instead of listening to the employee.

Hello,

We are the company who administers Walmart Product Care Plan. We would like to talk with you to see how your experience could have been better. Please email us with your name and phone number at inquiries@newcorp.com.

Thank you.

Where is your contract and receipt for the product with the plan on it?

Thought so.