1.4K views
3.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Aug 02, 2016

After waiting the amount of days recommended to me by the lady on the phone Monday, the money was still not in my account.

I went to my bank in order to figure out if they saw a pending refund that I couldn't see. They said it would be best to file a dispute, which is what I ended up doing.

In less than 24 hours the money was in my account. Seriously, Walmart has the WORST customer service and can't get an issue resolved in more than 2 WEEKS when my bank can figure it out in a day.

I don't think Walmart cares that they employ people who treat their customers like thieves and lairs before they have any evidence to think that.

What a joke! Never going back there AGAIN!

Update by user Jul 27, 2016

I went in on Monday morning to find the lady that had been "helping me" had taken a sick day :/. However, a very helpful customer service employee came over and wrote down the number for electronic payments for me to call.

Apparently, they /still/ needed further information. At that point, I thought they were just trying to lead me down another path that, in the end, wouldn't get me the money back.

I called the number and after telling the woman on the phone what happened, she checked the transactions. Turns out, the "refund" I received was issued from the bank, but Walmart charged me again as to invalidate that refund.

She also seemed very pissed at the cash office at this particular store.

She told me the money would be back in my account in 3-5 business days. I am more hopeful that this time it will be resolved, but still very wary of the whole thing.

I would strongly advise against shopping at this particular Walmart, because if they do double charge you, you are in for it.

Original review posted by user Jul 23, 2016

I went in to Walmart on a Sunday morning hoping to buy an iPhone 6. After waiting for a Walmart employee to assist me for about 10 minutes, the cashier was having difficulties scanning the barcode and had to try scanning multiple iPhones. A half hour later, a manager finally came in and override the purchase.

I did not know that this resulted in a receipt that did not have the iPhone ID number on it. Because of that, the service provider would not activate the phone. Straight away, I went back in and returned the phone.

I checked my bank statement briefly, and after seeing a refund, I left thinking everything was okay.

Still wanting an iPhone, I went to a different store, where everything went smoothly.

A couple days later, I check my bank statement. Confused why I was out more money than I remembered spending, I looked closely and saw that the first Walmart charged me twice for the iPhone, but only refunded me once.

I went in to customer service, and they told me to go to the cash office (7AM-2PM).

The next day, I go in and explain my situation. The lady tells me I need to print out my bank statement, so she can conduct "research". I got the feeling she did not believe that this was a double charge, but that I had bought two iPhones.

After going to the bank and having my statement printed, I go back in only to have the lady question me if the bank statement was real.

I am waiting for a call from the cash office on Monday. However, given my multiple encounters with the cash office, I am starting to get the feeling they are trying to brush me off and potentially make it look like I bought two iPhones that day.

But... how can I prove that if they didn't give me two receipts?

Butzilein wrote the review because of problems with payment at Walmart. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $433 and wants Walmart to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was them taking everyones money, being left to fend for my own, attitudes and customer care. Author liked the most location and product. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Target. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Walmart and walmart cashier for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States #1308466

I've just got double charged by Walmart today. The guy asked me to insert the card with the chip into the slot.

Then the machine said it's done and ask me to remove the cart. Then the guy said "oh no it didn't go thru, please insert the card again." So I believed him and inserted the card again. When I got home, I got email messages from my CC bank that it was double charged with the same amount within 1 minute.

It now makes me think twice before going to Walmart again. - Lancaster, PA.

Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1188984

I am confused as to how you paid for the original phone at Walmart---credit or debit card? If you paid with a credit card, all you have to do is dispute the double charge.

If you paid with a debit card, then all bets are off, tho you now know why using a debit card for anything is so dangerous. Good luck.

Butzilein
to mike Sunnyvale, California, United States #1190768

It was a VISA debit card. Apparently, with those, I am able to dispute the charge. Hopefully, that won't be needed.