Pahrump, Nevada
5K views

Two weeks ago, Wal-Mart stunned the world when a leaked memo discloses that February sales had been a "total disaster" and the company was facing the worst February start since 2006. It looks like Wal-Mart is trying to boost revenue by double scanning products at the checkout.

Just today while at the checkout counter the checker scanned one product twice placed it into the bad and continued to scan products. Had I not pointed this out it would been extra hard earned money out of my pocket. The checker did correct the error but had no remorse about this error. By observing the other checkout stands the Wal-Mart employees were taking advantage of the long lines, moms with unhappy kids and slipping merchandise across the scanner twice.

Facing the worst February start since 2006, Wal-Mart has found a way to increase revenue, robbing the unsuspecting consumer of hard earned cash.

Shame on Wal-Mart, they cannot run an honest business boosting executive bonuses by cheating the public and shame on the employees for being a part of this scam.

Comments

LikeableNymph150

It happens at least once a day minimum that's what the cashier lady told me. The scanner double scan my iced tea the Checker at the door never caught it. Walmart is racketeering I'm going Criminal offense someone needs to start a class action lawsuit

Happened to me today (Monday, June 24, 2019) at Super Wal-Mart in Beaumont, Texas. Scanned two different single items twice.

Once, maybe an honest error/sensitive scanner.

Twice, a scam of some type in my opinion. I will be going back tomorrow for not only a refund, but one *** of an apology from the store manager AND hopefully compensation of some type for the unnecessary and wasted gas, time and effort for this extra trip.

ALL OF THE NICE, PRETTY, AND FRIENDLY LADIES HAVE QUIT. NOW ALL THEY HAVE LEFT IS THE UGLY, HOMELY AND RUDE LADIES. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

#1632087

I went back and looked, and I've had two receipts in January 2019 where they have double scanned items!

#1620885

It’s 2018 Christmas and I have 4 receipts with items double scanned

I had the exact same scenario. Cashier rang shoes up twice as first item.

Then jeans, then carefully lifted the sboe box high over the scanner to present as if making sure it didnt scan twice. Loaded my cart, thinking everythingbwas there. Cashier stated total, I said where is the total on the screen? She then totaled it.

I look at the receipt and ask why did you charge me twice for the shoes, call someone. She had a man near by call, and then told the woman who came they must have rang up twice when she moved them over the scanner cause they were on the belt still. At this point she had still never apologized so I said that was a lie because if it was from moving them they would be listed after the jeans, but I was double rang from the start. Then, the 2nd woman says she cant fix it there.

I called BS and said I will wait. Then a 3rd woman comes and fixes it on the next register over. I said I thought you couldnt do that?

Then the man behind me pulls out my vaseline from his bag and says this isnt mine. Mind you, I hadnt said a word until she asked me for $$ and the total wasnt showing.

OMG The double scanning happened to me too on three occasions one recipt had three double scans on it!!! That's when I knew something fishy was up> Now I am trying to deal with the new transfer of our savings catcher points to a Walmart gift card.

I have about 40.00 coming and every time I try to access my balance page so I can order my card, it says the page can not be displayed!!!! What is wrong with these people? this is shameful behavior! I'm so done with it.

if I can't get what I earned and was promised, and I have to actually stand there and hawk every product that is rung up and then double check my recipt when I get home, to heck with them! I'll gladly go back to using coupons and shopping at Kroger.

This is ghetto behavior. BYE LOSERS

I started shopping a lot in Walmart in the past few months (mostly clearance clothing items), not knowing about the double scanning problem. Well I just found out about it and now I have to go back over my receipts to make sure I wasn't overcharged since I found out it happened to me more than once already.

I only go there for the low prices, but if I'm being overcharged it makes it not worth it! And I could also write a book on their horrible in-store pickup and returns system!

@Anon

YES...you must KEEP an CHECK your receipts. They will cheat some of them.

Keep and check your receipt from ANY store. But walmart does alot and gets away with it.

@Shangia

I work for WM but am not a cashier but a bk up. Sometimes Im on a sensitive register and I hear a double scan I error correct it and take it off.

NOT my fault but I fix it !!

We r not TOLD to double scan anything !! It is not on purpose !!

@Sonja

THEN GET YOUR REGISTERS FIXED. THERE ARE TO MANY PEOPLE COMPLAINING FOR THIS TO BE A LITTLE GLITCH. COME ON NOW.....

Zachary2001
@Sonja

Judy, it is not Sonja's fault the resisteres are broken. Would you like someone to harass you and bash you for something that is NOT your fault.

It is not that simple. To do so they would have to get new registers and that takes time and money.

FragrantNumbat
@Anon

JUDY you foolish child it is not the employees fault they are not fixed.

@FragrantNumbat

There are multiple comments on how this has happened on multiple accounts, I am assuming your mother never taught you manners, you don't need to name call. You really need to grow up and learn some respect.

It is the employees job to make sure things like this doesn't happen so yes it is. If you were a little smarter and worked at least one day in your life maybe you would know these things instead of making irrelevant, rude, uneducated and immature comments.

Every visit to walmart has resulted in this. I am tired of being doubled charged ,every time i go i have been double charged and always look.

I do not plan on shopping there anymore as this seems to be still a problem at all Walmarts

They should be ashamed

After all they are the biggest theives around not the customers

@Anonymous

THIS IS THE TRUTH! I HAVE HAD IT HAPPEN SO MANY TIMES!

I AM OVER IT AND DONE. THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY AND VERY GREEDY!

I actually got accused for stealing a customers food stamp money because the Food Stamp Association or whatever did not accept pop-tarts as a food item. Not pleasant but understand the frustration.

KevinRichards
@Anonymous

You should be embarrassed to even be on foodbstamps and complaining you did not get something you do not deserve for free. That money is for healthy food, not pop tarts.

@KevinRichards

Who the H### are you to tell someone they need to be ashamed to be on food stamps. Man I’m not even guna right a messege cuz they ain’t enough room for me to get all id like to say to you in it. Jack##s

ImpossibleQuokka
@Anonymous

The issue is not the food stamps. It is that they already get free stuff and want more. it is about being ungrateful and demanding.