3.6K views

Two weeks ago, Wal-Mart stunned the world when a leaked memo discloses that February sales had been a "total disaster" and the company was facing the worst February start since 2006.It looks like Wal-Mart is trying to boost revenue by double scanning products at the checkout.

Just today while at the checkout counter the checker scanned one product twice placed it into the bad and continued to scan products. Had I not pointed this out it would been extra hard earned money out of my pocket. The checker did correct the error but had no remorse about this error. By observing the other checkout stands the Wal-Mart employees were taking advantage of the long lines, moms with unhappy kids and slipping merchandise across the scanner twice.

Facing the worst February start since 2006, Wal-Mart has found a way to increase revenue, robbing the unsuspecting consumer of hard earned cash.

Shame on Wal-Mart, they cannot run an honest business boosting executive bonuses by cheating the public and shame on the employees for being a part of this scam.

Comments

I started shopping a lot in Walmart in the past few months (mostly clearance clothing items), not knowing about the double scanning problem.Well I just found out about it and now I have to go back over my receipts to make sure I wasn't overcharged since I found out it happened to me more than once already.

I only go there for the low prices, but if I'm being overcharged it makes it not worth it!And I could also write a book on their horrible in-store pickup and returns system!

to Anon #1399417

YES...you must KEEP an CHECK your receipts.They will cheat some of them.

Keep and check your receipt from ANY store.But walmart does alot and gets away with it.

Every visit to walmart has resulted in this. I am tired of being doubled charged ,every time i go i have been double charged and always look.

I do not plan on shopping there anymore as this seems to be still a problem at all Walmarts

They should be ashamed

After all they are the biggest theives around not the customers

I actually got accused for stealing a customers food stamp money because the Food Stamp Association or whatever did not accept pop-tarts as a food item. Not pleasant but understand the frustration.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #1028077

You should be embarrassed to even be on foodbstamps and complaining you did not get something you do not deserve for free. That money is for healthy food, not pop tarts.

to KevinRichards #1422176

Who the H### are you to tell someone they need to be ashamed to be on food stamps. Man I’m not even guna right a messege cuz they ain’t enough room for me to get all id like to say to you in it. Jack##s

to Anonymous #1028078

Also instead of spending money on the internet why not use that money to pay for your own food?

it is not always the cashier but the system the cashier is using.A couple of times that I scan the items it will scan twice and I mostly fix the scan.

Once or twice I would miss it and I apologize to the customer. Do not blame everything on the cashier.

We have to deal with the frustrations of the computer that is scanning the item.It will freeze on us as well, not our fault.

eg0re80

As a former Cashier double scanning happens all the time and sometime you do not catch it.The cashier does not do it on purpose.

Remember that the cashier works hard to help everyone out and most time gets belittled my customers for simple mistakes. I can not tell you how many times I have had customers yell at me over the price of an item or the fact that the register double scanned it. There are too many people now that like to treat a cashier like a third class citizen. I have seen cashiers break down and cry because of the way they get treated.

Put yourself in their shoes and how would you feel if someone came to your work and started in on you because of a mistake either you had nothing to do with or was just an accident.

What do you a-hole customers expect from Walmart cashiers??They are doing a hard, *** job for little money and are treated like *** by both management and you ungrateful, fussy customers who expect them to come over and literally kiss your behind.

I worked as a WM cashier for awhile and I finally just left because I was tired of all of the BS. Other people weren't so lucky as they had families to feed and all of that.

Maybe you customers should stop treating cashiers like *** and blame the jackwagons at the home office who treat their employees like *** and make their jobs miserable.Like the saying goes "a happy worker is a productive worker."