4.3K views

Two weeks ago, Wal-Mart stunned the world when a leaked memo discloses that February sales had been a "total disaster" and the company was facing the worst February start since 2006. It looks like Wal-Mart is trying to boost revenue by double scanning products at the checkout.

Just today while at the checkout counter the checker scanned one product twice placed it into the bad and continued to scan products. Had I not pointed this out it would been extra hard earned money out of my pocket. The checker did correct the error but had no remorse about this error. By observing the other checkout stands the Wal-Mart employees were taking advantage of the long lines, moms with unhappy kids and slipping merchandise across the scanner twice.

Facing the worst February start since 2006, Wal-Mart has found a way to increase revenue, robbing the unsuspecting consumer of hard earned cash.

Shame on Wal-Mart, they cannot run an honest business boosting executive bonuses by cheating the public and shame on the employees for being a part of this scam.

Comments

I had the exact same scenario. Cashier rang shoes up twice as first item.

Then jeans, then carefully lifted the sboe box high over the scanner to present as if making sure it didnt scan twice. Loaded my cart, thinking everythingbwas there. Cashier stated total, I said where is the total on the screen? She then totaled it.

I look at the receipt and ask why did you charge me twice for the shoes, call someone. She had a man near by call, and then told the woman who came they must have rang up twice when she moved them over the scanner cause they were on the belt still. At this point she had still never apologized so I said that was a lie because if it was from moving them they would be listed after the jeans, but I was double rang from the start. Then, the 2nd woman says she cant fix it there.

I called BS and said I will wait. Then a 3rd woman comes and fixes it on the next register over. I said I thought you couldnt do that?

Then the man behind me pulls out my vaseline from his bag and says this isnt mine. Mind you, I hadnt said a word until she asked me for $$ and the total wasnt showing.

OMG The double scanning happened to me too on three occasions one recipt had three double scans on it!!! That's when I knew something fishy was up> Now I am trying to deal with the new transfer of our savings catcher points to a Walmart gift card.

I have about 40.00 coming and every time I try to access my balance page so I can order my card, it says the page can not be displayed!!!! What is wrong with these people? this is shameful behavior! I'm so done with it.

if I can't get what I earned and was promised, and I have to actually stand there and hawk every product that is rung up and then double check my recipt when I get home, to heck with them! I'll gladly go back to using coupons and shopping at Kroger.

This is ghetto behavior. BYE LOSERS

I started shopping a lot in Walmart in the past few months (mostly clearance clothing items), not knowing about the double scanning problem. Well I just found out about it and now I have to go back over my receipts to make sure I wasn't overcharged since I found out it happened to me more than once already.

I only go there for the low prices, but if I'm being overcharged it makes it not worth it! And I could also write a book on their horrible in-store pickup and returns system!

to Anon #1399417

YES...you must KEEP an CHECK your receipts. They will cheat some of them.

Keep and check your receipt from ANY store. But walmart does alot and gets away with it.

to Shangia #1435200

I work for WM but am not a cashier but a bk up. Sometimes Im on a sensitive register and I hear a double scan I error correct it and take it off.

NOT my fault but I fix it !!

We r not TOLD to double scan anything !! It is not on purpose !!

to Sonja #1459716

THEN GET YOUR REGISTERS FIXED. THERE ARE TO MANY PEOPLE COMPLAINING FOR THIS TO BE A LITTLE GLITCH. COME ON NOW.....

Every visit to walmart has resulted in this. I am tired of being doubled charged ,every time i go i have been double charged and always look.

I do not plan on shopping there anymore as this seems to be still a problem at all Walmarts

They should be ashamed

After all they are the biggest theives around not the customers

to Anonymous #1459722

THIS IS THE TRUTH! I HAVE HAD IT HAPPEN SO MANY TIMES!

I AM OVER IT AND DONE. THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY AND VERY GREEDY!

I actually got accused for stealing a customers food stamp money because the Food Stamp Association or whatever did not accept pop-tarts as a food item. Not pleasant but understand the frustration.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #1028077

You should be embarrassed to even be on foodbstamps and complaining you did not get something you do not deserve for free. That money is for healthy food, not pop tarts.

to KevinRichards #1422176

Who the H### are you to tell someone they need to be ashamed to be on food stamps. Man I’m not even guna right a messege cuz they ain’t enough room for me to get all id like to say to you in it. Jack##s

to Anonymous #1028078

Also instead of spending money on the internet why not use that money to pay for your own food?

it is not always the cashier but the system the cashier is using. A couple of times that I scan the items it will scan twice and I mostly fix the scan.

Once or twice I would miss it and I apologize to the customer. Do not blame everything on the cashier.

We have to deal with the frustrations of the computer that is scanning the item. It will freeze on us as well, not our fault.

eg0re80

As a former Cashier double scanning happens all the time and sometime you do not catch it. The cashier does not do it on purpose.

Remember that the cashier works hard to help everyone out and most time gets belittled my customers for simple mistakes. I can not tell you how many times I have had customers yell at me over the price of an item or the fact that the register double scanned it. There are too many people now that like to treat a cashier like a third class citizen. I have seen cashiers break down and cry because of the way they get treated.

Put yourself in their shoes and how would you feel if someone came to your work and started in on you because of a mistake either you had nothing to do with or was just an accident.

What do you a-hole customers expect from Walmart cashiers?? They are doing a hard, *** job for little money and are treated like *** by both management and you ungrateful, fussy customers who expect them to come over and literally kiss your behind.

I worked as a WM cashier for awhile and I finally just left because I was tired of all of the BS. Other people weren't so lucky as they had families to feed and all of that.

Maybe you customers should stop treating cashiers like *** and blame the jackwagons at the home office who treat their employees like *** and make their jobs miserable. Like the saying goes "a happy worker is a productive worker."

Marksville, Louisiana, United States #958737

I have experienced double scans in two different Walmart locations in the last two weeks. One of $20.00 and one for $5.00.

I watched the cashier both times and did not see a double scan yet my receipt did. Check your receipt before leaving the register.

to Ripped off #1399419

Hey...try a 60.00 over charge.

to Shangia #1459725

DANG!!!!!!

I highly doubt a minimum wage cashier at Walmart is going to purposely double scan products to improve revenue when the cashier is still gonna earn minimum wage, basically I doubt the cashiers give a *** about what their doing, hence why their wasn't any remorse for double scanning, because ther wasn't any *** give

to stingywhitewoman #1036275

this is to perfect i agree im a wm cashier