Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought a visa gift card at Walmart near my home. I was going to be laid up from surgery and I wanted to be able to do some online shopping.

Within the hour, someone 200 miles away, used the same gift card number at another Walmart. I called the "helpline" and was told they would send me a new card, gave me a case number and had me email my ID and a copy of the card. Fine, I wasn't feeling great, but it didn't kill me. I receive the new card, go to register it and find that it still has the fraud charge on it.

I have to wait 10 days, just to get an answer. I would think for fraud that is clearly internal, would be taken care of more quickly.

By the time I can use my care, if they decide, I hadn't used a transporter to go 4 hours away in an hour, to return my money, I will be up and around. Thanks for the headache Walmart.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Walmart was ok prior to this, Target here i come.

I didn't like: Obvious fraud within the company, Not taking care of a customer issue in a timely manner, Obvious illegal activity within the store.

Comments

aliens_amoung_us

Never buy these cards, they are indeed a scam most times. I understand why you did as I just had gallbladder surgery 2 days ago, but i got all my crap done before then so just get a regular credit card (if you can) and use that. Or get someone to use theirs and reimburse them.

OP:

You bought a Visa gift card... not a Walmart gift card.

I seriously doubt Walmart employees are manning the phones at the helpline you called, so exactly why are you complaining to Walmart?

Your complaint is with Visa since Visa employees are manning the phones at the helpline... not Walmart employees.

to Anonymous #1367301

The card is a Wal-Mart visa. I have the same issue.

Definitely a scam. Probably a Wal-Mart vendor.