3.0

On Jan 5th and 8pm I visited this store to pick up 20 dollars worth of food for my house hold.In a hurry, I used the self check out lane.

Ran my card and the computer froze on me! After half an hour of trying to explain(I had a atm print out of my before and after) that the money was taken out of my account I was literally told to leave or have the cops called on me! I left in tears without my food or money. The manager at the time smirked at me while he and his employees made comments like "can't fix ***/some people shouldn't be allowed in public/come on preacher...even Jesus was disgusted by liars and thieves".

This man sincerely seemed to enjoy threatening me. The next morning I got on the phone and my financial institution informed me that the money was not sent back to my account. So I spent 3 hours, half of which was on hold, with customer complaints trying to figure out where it had gone. Finally fed up I called the store directly, asked for the manager by name, spoke to him for 3 minutes before being put on hold for 26 mins.

At that point a csm got on the line and at first was not helpful at all until i told her the entire conversation, or lack of, was being recorded and I was going to turn it in. So I was informed to come get my groceries and a 20 dollar gift card for my troubles. I was able to return to the store that evening. Thinking this would be simple enough I went to the front desk and tada they had no idea what I was talking about.

It took half an hour of arguing (yes I argued this time) being told no one was there to issue a gift card to which I replied ok well that's fine I need my groceries though. "ma'am we can't allow you to just go grab what you want and leave".

Wal-Mart is a multi million perhaps even billion dollar company and these employees are treating me like trash over 16.99? Then think that a 20 dollar gift card makes it all better?!

Why not train your employees better and find management that doesn't smirk in the distraught face of a mother trying to feed her kids while allowing and taking part in bullying her. Why not purchase self check out software and hardware that actually works? I am still upset and angry about this situation. And to the head manager, Norman, putting an upset woman on hold does not make the problem go away.

I'm far from done with this site and it's employees.I will use every resource I can find to let them know treating customers with this level of disrespect is not just uncalled for but also disgusting.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of walmart gift card. Walmart needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned walmart gift card in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walmart. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Target.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Scott Depot, West Virginia, United States #1267431

I have shopped at Walmart for years. I have always had a bank account with money in it, and never ever had a payment issue ever!!! Just Sayin.

Bentonville, Arkansas, United States #929924

We got something honey coated and sweet if you want it lady. We are Walmart, suck on that.

pixiewings83
Hammond, Louisiana, United States #927306

The extremely crude and plain ridiculous statements on here are not mine...I have been hacked. :-)

to pixiewings83 #927356

BS, that is usually what people say when they make foolish posts.

Hammond, Louisiana, United States #927293

Wow!My account got hacked.

Smh. Enjoy my friend.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.How bored you must be...

to Anonymous #927357

Yeah your account was "hacked" tell us another lie honey.

First Born Triplet
to KevinRichards Ontario, Canada #928381

I think you know something about the "hacked" account that you are not telling us, funny how accounts are hacked on this site and you are always responding to the "hacker" right away.

First Born Triplet
to Anonymous Ontario, Canada #928380

Your account was not hacked, frankly I don't think anyone on this site is smart enough to *** an account, they simply copied your name and location as you can use any alias on this site,

Hammond, Louisiana, United States #927136

I was not ripping anyone off.The groceries I purchased that evening were to get us through the next couple of days until the kids go back to school.

I needed them and paid for them. The manager asked me to leave at first...me crying was causing other customers to stop and ask what was going on. I refused to leave without my purchases. When I refused to leave several times he informed me to leave the property or he would call the cops.

My financial institution is in fact a prepay card for child support and while friendly they aren't going to hunt it down for me. As for the hard ware / software Wal-Mart is responsible for it's hickups. Rather all software has issues is not the issue here. The situation was caused by a malfunctioning kiosk they installed.

I was informed by the customer support number that the money should have been sent back within thirty mins of the kiosk being rebooted, it was not. And 3-5 business days was said by one employee, 24 hrs by another, 30 mins by another, the manager said he didn't know.

I did not have enough money to repurchase at the moment and worry about it later.

to Christine Calera, Alabama, United States #927291

pull sum hairs out yo asscrack and place on keypad