Worst customer service of my life!On black Friday (11-28-14) I went to their online site to purchase three curtain rods and a 12 piece dinnerware set.

The total came to a little less than $90. I used a $30 gift card, threw it away, and then paid the balance of $57 on my debit card. By Jan 1st I still hadn't received anything, so I call online customer service, I was put on hold for about half an hour, then hung up on, I call back, they tell me that there is no record of my order at all. After I got off that call and check my bank.

Sure enough, there's a charge for $57 on there on 11-28... But for the local Wal-Mart, not online. I have never and will never set foot inside any retailers on black Friday. It's chaos and I refuse.

So here's what it all boils down to... My gift card was used I know because I had to pay the balance, my card was charged I know because it's on my statement, but somehow it got screwed up and is showing as a local purchase and not online. After calling back a 3rd time and explaining the story, I was told he couldn't do anything, and he gave me an email of people in charge of online customer service. He told me they could help.

After a week of emailing (four emails spanned in that week), only to be ignored day after day, I threatened that I wouldn't stop until they responded. Finally, they write me back today, telling me that I have to go to the store and despute the charge. I know they had the ability to help me and make things better, they could have refunded the money, or even sent the products I never received.... But no...

Always someone else's problem. Always sent the shmuck of a customer to chase around in circles. Well, there is no end of the rainbow.

OnlOnphone call holds and hangups, and rude executives who do everything they can to ignore you.If I could give them 0 stars, I would.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of walmart gift card. Walmart needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned walmart gift card in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walmart. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Target.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

MattD78
Melbourne, Florida, United States #928269

Do not throw gift cards away when you use them.Otherwise this can happen with any retailer.

Gift cards are treated like cash, if you lose it there's no proof.And even if Walmart or someone can find the gift card in question it takes the gift card issuer up to 30 days to issue a refund because it takes so long to verify everything, because they are treated as cash.