I love using giftcards, and I shop at Walmart pretty regularly. However, every time I attempt to use a Walmart giftcard, it never goes through.

I slide it, it gets denied, I try again, denied again. The cashier at this point usually takes the card, punches a bunch of keys, and then asks me how much money is on the card. If it's new, I can tell them, but once I've used it, *** if I know how much is on it! Am I supposed to keep up with that??

Why can't it just take the balance off? The cashier will punch some more keys, slide it on their machine, start heaving a heavy sigh, call over a manager, and start the whole process again. I usually just get frustrated at this point and end up paying with another card to stop holding up the line. Fix your giftcards Walmart!!

This is ridiculous! How are we supposed to use them if they never go through!?

Review about: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

I hate Walmart Visa giftcards. My grandmother purchased 2.

One for me n my sister n law. My sister n law used hers right away, but I on the other hand jave no money on my card. Hmmm???? I received my card on Xmas and still have no funds.

I have called the number on the back several times n finally got a result as to my money will be on my card with 24 hours. Well 24 hours has gone by and I call to check the balance and still says 0 dollars. Once again I am calling the number on the back as to which they've reassured me that I will have again within 24 hrs. I will not ever purchase these as a gift nor will i receive them anymore without the receipt.

What a big mess this is. Signed Very Frusturated.

Actually you rude *** people; there has been a mass problem with Walmart giftcards recently.

Today I went to Walmart with a BRAND NEW giftcard (try to tell me it had no balance remaining) and after a 20 minute stay in line a manager was finally called. I was told that everyone that has tried to use a giftcard within the last months, has not been able to use them. THIS CAME FROM A MANAGER OF YREKA, CA WALMART.

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN JIPPED-DO NOT BACK DOWN OFF OF THIS. THIS IS WRONG. PEOPLE PAID FOR THOSE. WALMART RECIEVED THAT MONEY. FILE A COMPLAINT WITH CONSUMER AFFAIRS OR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF YOUR STATE.

DO NOT LET THIS GO.

How do you know the gift card has no value remaining, if it doesn't go through?

How do you know the card has no value remaining, if it doesn't process?

I hate Wal-Mart but I shop there. I have never had problems with gift cards.

Stop trying to use cards that have no value remaining. We'll be watching you!!!