I do not recommend purchasing the egift card from Walmart.com I had a terrible experience with this.Walmart.com says, "Email an eGift Card...It's easy and arrives in minutes by email." I purchased a $100 eGift Card expecting it to arrive in my daughter's email "within minutes" so she could buy groceries, but instead I received a confirmation email stating "Via email, recipient should receive card within hours of ordering." However, it has been more than 17 hours since the purchase and my daughter has not received the eGift Card yet.

After making several phone calls to Walmart Customer Service and Walmart.com, I am informed that she may not receive it until tomorrow morning after my prepaid credit card clears the financial processing. That will be more than 36 hours after the purchase was made! Several phone calls to Customer Service accomplished nothing but being put on hold for long periods of time and given no resolution to the problem. The call I requested filing a customer complaint and was put on hold for nearly an hour with no answer.

I guess they were hoping I'd get tired of waiting and hang up or they have that many customer complaint calls.

..."Within minutes"...yeah, right.After this mess, I will never make a purchase from Walmart.com again, let alone another Walmart store anywhere.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Redwood City, California, United States #724988

Similar experience... ordered on 9/30 and as of 10/3 it's still listed as Processing when I check the order.