2.2K views

Why the heck does walmart hire non english speaking employees? Went to walmart in Uvalde Texas and asked the girl in the pet department where I could find puppy wormer.

she doesn't say a word just looks at me with a blank stare then she spins on her heels and walks away. I started to follow her until I realized she was heading out of the department I was shopping in and crossing the clothing dept. how can a person get customer service from someone who doesn't even speak english?

What the heck are ya thinkin Walmart??? Some of us still speak English in the USA.

Comments

Same in Richmond Virginia. Africans and Arabs make up 90% of Walmart employees in the Richmond VA area, thanks to Christian Charities and our governors making RVA a sancturary city. Cant ask a question, cant get help.SMH

Second time coming to a new Walmart store here in Texas. First Tim the isle helping lady mumbled and asked me to type my question on her phone.

Second time I needed simple Christmas tree lights and the guy with name John on his name badge pointed to a Christmas tree and said “ten dollars, no English”. I talked to the store manager and he said they hire on the first come basis.

No English is required. Ridiculous.

to Al #1625412

You know you’re in Texas right. It’s overpopulated with the Hispanic community.

If you can’t find something at Walmart that’s embarrassing and if you really can’t find something because of your one brain cell then you should ask again and politely say thank you. People are here to work. Y’all complain about the Hispanic community not working and taking advantage of government resources and when you do you criticize them. Spanish is the second most spoken language in America.

The hispanic community is actually growing so fast that whites people are to become a minority soon. How about you learn Spanish? Oh wait it’s not as easy as you think and not all people have resources like people trying to literally work.

They might not be able to answer your dumb question about how much a Christmas tree costs with a tag but they are fixing other things and dealing with parts of their jobs, you know regular things Walmart employees do. It’s a *** Walmart in Texas like what the *** do you expect.

"non english speaking employees" Because they can't find home grown Yankees of any race to work for this chump change? It's that simple.

They need to fill the place with bodies doing something less you'll be here whining about no one working at the stores. Your plastic patriotism is amusing at best. You're shopping at a place that has driven out all sorts of local businesses and are actively participating in the downfall of manufacturing jobs in the the good ole "USA" to save a dollar while buying imported crap.

Yet you whine about something as trivial as this. Next time waddle or hover round to a more expensive specialty store to get your stuff.

to Anonymous #1643460

Mr anonymous, why dont you *** if you dont have a stat report from walmart corporate, that shows how many whites, blacks, latinos, and immigrant people apply for jobs vs how many are hired..keep your imbecilic rhetoric to yourself

I WAS SHOPPING IN WALMART AND TWICE I ASKED AN EMPLOYEE A QUESTION AND SHE POINTED TO HER LIPS AND SHOOK HER HEAD NO,THEN I ASKED ANOTHER EMPLOYEE A MAN THIS TIME A QUESTION HE ALSO DIDNT SPEAK ENGLISH . THIS WAS IN CAMILLUS IN SYRACUSE NEW YORK.I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE A COLLEGE EDUCATION LOOKING FOR A PART TIME JOB WHO ARE BEING REFUSED A JOB. REALLY?

to DIANE S #1553139

Diane, this also happened to me at Walmart in Camillus, New York. I was stunned at hearing "no speak English".

What the *** kind of customer service is that!!!!! Walmart, you should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!

to DIANE S #1625416

New York was the first city in history to be populated with immigrants from all different origins. If anything they are just doing what they do best, giving a chance to everyone.

These people are working full time.

You know the difference between full and part? I’m a student and I’d rather have someone who is trying to feed their families work than I who am studying for a job that will give me a really good pay later.

#1531923

I went into a Walmart Market Place (Grocery Store) and asked a Walmart employee where to find donuts. She said "No speak English".

to Calvin #1624345

Smh is it really that hard for you to find donuts????

to Walmart Employee666 #1625419

HAHAHAHHA forreal like how the *** are you that dumb

Build that wall!

to Anonymous #1625421

I’m DYING LMAOOO you can’t get a job without being legal imbecile. I still laugh so hard at how people think the wall will change anything.

They’re gonna build tunnels honey that’s what Mexicans do. My uncles haven’t stop coming and going and they won’t stop.

Oh also My whole town in Mexico are coming with visas. So a wall won’t stop *** bc visas are so easy to get.

Same thing happened to me in Walmart in Kissimmee FL just an hour ago. I asked for shampoo.

Clueless look with some Spanish utterances. She didn't attempt to understand or help. What's the deal here Walmart?

I've instructed my property manager not to supply my vacation homes from Walmart. Lost business over $4k per year.

to Shawn Fulton #1625423

it’s so funny how most of these ar republicans and Walmart is a republican company. Sowey shawn wittle baby whites are to become a minority.

Lol some of you'll are so violent, not everyone but some people try defend with anger like that's gonna help someone understand your side

Walmart has shoppers of many nationalities. If someone from Vietnam comes in should the worker be required to speak that language, or Chinese or say French?

English is the common language of the US and yes still for Texas. All other immigrants seem to have no problem learning English and it's pompous and disingenuous for Mexican immigrants to come and imply they don't need to learn English.

Walmart is a company of many faces. I'm sure that store has many Spanish speaking people coming in to shop. Walmart is doing a great job.

Hindi***

Same thing happened to me they look at you with a blank expression on their face and walk away. Maybe target has paper clips.