1.9K views

Why the heck does walmart hire non english speaking employees? Went to walmart in Uvalde Texas and asked the girl in the pet department where I could find puppy wormer.

she doesn't say a word just looks at me with a blank stare then she spins on her heels and walks away. I started to follow her until I realized she was heading out of the department I was shopping in and crossing the clothing dept. how can a person get customer service from someone who doesn't even speak english?

What the heck are ya thinkin Walmart??? Some of us still speak English in the USA.

Comments

"non english speaking employees" Because they can't find home grown Yankees of any race to work for this chump change? It's that simple.

They need to fill the place with bodies doing something less you'll be here whining about no one working at the stores. Your plastic patriotism is amusing at best. You're shopping at a place that has driven out all sorts of local businesses and are actively participating in the downfall of manufacturing jobs in the the good ole "USA" to save a dollar while buying imported crap.

Yet you whine about something as trivial as this. Next time waddle or hover round to a more expensive specialty store to get your stuff.

I WAS SHOPPING IN WALMART AND TWICE I ASKED AN EMPLOYEE A QUESTION AND SHE POINTED TO HER LIPS AND SHOOK HER HEAD NO,THEN I ASKED ANOTHER EMPLOYEE A MAN THIS TIME A QUESTION HE ALSO DIDNT SPEAK ENGLISH . THIS WAS IN CAMILLUS IN SYRACUSE NEW YORK.I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE A COLLEGE EDUCATION LOOKING FOR A PART TIME JOB WHO ARE BEING REFUSED A JOB. REALLY?

to DIANE S #1553139

Diane, this also happened to me at Walmart in Camillus, New York. I was stunned at hearing "no speak English".

What the *** kind of customer service is that!!!!! Walmart, you should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!

#1531923

I went into a Walmart Market Place (Grocery Store) and asked a Walmart employee where to find donuts. She said "No speak English".

Build that wall!

Same thing happened to me in Walmart in Kissimmee FL just an hour ago. I asked for shampoo.

Clueless look with some Spanish utterances. She didn't attempt to understand or help. What's the deal here Walmart?

I've instructed my property manager not to supply my vacation homes from Walmart. Lost business over $4k per year.

Lol some of you'll are so violent, not everyone but some people try defend with anger like that's gonna help someone understand your side

Walmart has shoppers of many nationalities. If someone from Vietnam comes in should the worker be required to speak that language, or Chinese or say French?

English is the common language of the US and yes still for Texas. All other immigrants seem to have no problem learning English and it's pompous and disingenuous for Mexican immigrants to come and imply they don't need to learn English.

Walmart is a company of many faces. I'm sure that store has many Spanish speaking people coming in to shop. Walmart is doing a great job.

Hindi***

Same thing happened to me they look at you with a blank expression on their face and walk away. Maybe target has paper clips.

to Anonymous #1490038

Quit *** shanon

Learns spanish

to Anonymous #1381125

Learns Spanish? What is that suppose to mean?

Do you mean "learn Spanish"? I think you should learn English first.

Welcome to the United States of Mexico. Thank Obama.

to Anonymous #1457094

Obama made America great... sorry not sorry!

to Anonymous #1518782

No, he was the worst ever. Get a life.

APRENDE HABLAR ESPANIOL!!!! QUE TE IMPORTA SI NO HABLAN INGLES.

Having the same issue in Midland Texas.... workers don't speak English and they don't bother to try and find someone who does to help you... just "no English" and walk away

Ridgefield, Connecticut, United States #1339973

I think it's great that Walmart is offering jobs to people that would otherwise have a very difficult time finding employment. We all need to be patient in working together.