Corpus Christi, Texas
2.5K views

Why the heck does walmart hire non english speaking employees? Went to walmart in Uvalde Texas and asked the girl in the pet department where I could find puppy wormer.

she doesn't say a word just looks at me with a blank stare then she spins on her heels and walks away. I started to follow her until I realized she was heading out of the department I was shopping in and crossing the clothing dept. how can a person get customer service from someone who doesn't even speak english?

What the heck are ya thinkin Walmart??? Some of us still speak English in the USA.

Comments

PartialEmu

You have ten plus mistakes in your review. Why not worry about your own poor English first before worrying about others. Grow up before calling grown women girls.

here in Minnesota same problem no English Walmart going down, plus the self check out they get ripped off all the time.

Second time coming to a new Walmart store here in Texas. First Tim the isle helping lady mumbled and asked me to type my question on her phone.

Second time I needed simple Christmas tree lights and the guy with name John on his name badge pointed to a Christmas tree and said “ten dollars, no English”. I talked to the store manager and he said they hire on the first come basis.

No English is required. Ridiculous.

PartialEmu
@Al

Your English is poor.You cannot even spell aisle.

I WAS SHOPPING IN WALMART AND TWICE I ASKED AN EMPLOYEE A QUESTION AND SHE POINTED TO HER LIPS AND SHOOK HER HEAD NO,THEN I ASKED ANOTHER EMPLOYEE A MAN THIS TIME A QUESTION HE ALSO DIDNT SPEAK ENGLISH . THIS WAS IN CAMILLUS IN SYRACUSE NEW YORK.I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE A COLLEGE EDUCATION LOOKING FOR A PART TIME JOB WHO ARE BEING REFUSED A JOB. REALLY?

@DIANE S

Diane, this also happened to me at Walmart in Camillus, New York. I was stunned at hearing "no speak English".

What the *** kind of customer service is that!!!!! Walmart, you should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!

@DIANE S

New York was the first city in history to be populated with immigrants from all different origins. If anything they are just doing what they do best, giving a chance to everyone.

These people are working full time.

You know the difference between full and part? I’m a student and I’d rather have someone who is trying to feed their families work than I who am studying for a job that will give me a really good pay later.

@Anonymous

Anonymous, I will break this down for you simply. I read, write and speak perfect english because I was born here.

You mentioned New York and the immigrants who came before us, one of which was my great great grandfather from ireland. He assimilated into the American culture, learned proper english and furthered his education to go further in his new life.

All immigrants should follow suit and learn to speak our language as well as maintaining their native language. That is the way it should be and has nothing to do with supporting a family.

#1531923

I went into a Walmart Market Place (Grocery Store) and asked a Walmart employee where to find donuts. She said "No speak English".

@Calvin

Smh is it really that hard for you to find donuts????

Zachary2001
@Walmart Employee666

It should not be that hard. After all they are in the hardware department, right next to the tennis rackets.

Build that wall!

@Anonymous

I agree that a wall should be built. And that the entire thing should be completely paid for with the Donald's money.

Same thing happened to me in Walmart in Kissimmee FL just an hour ago. I asked for shampoo.

Clueless look with some Spanish utterances. She didn't attempt to understand or help. What's the deal here Walmart?

I've instructed my property manager not to supply my vacation homes from Walmart. Lost business over $4k per year.

@Shawn Fulton

I have instructed all my VPs never to stay any place that is owned by a Shawn Fulton. Lost revenue? Over $4K/MONTH.

Lol some of you'll are so violent, not everyone but some people try defend with anger like that's gonna help someone understand your side

Walmart has shoppers of many nationalities. If someone from Vietnam comes in should the worker be required to speak that language, or Chinese or say French?

English is the common language of the US and yes still for Texas. All other immigrants seem to have no problem learning English and it's pompous and disingenuous for Mexican immigrants to come and imply they don't need to learn English.

Walmart is a company of many faces. I'm sure that store has many Spanish speaking people coming in to shop. Walmart is doing a great job.

@LatinaProud

pass Walmart going to the dogs

Hindi***