1.7K views

Why the heck does walmart hire non english speaking employees? Went to walmart in Uvalde Texas and asked the girl in the pet department where I could find puppy wormer.

she doesn't say a word just looks at me with a blank stare then she spins on her heels and walks away. I started to follow her until I realized she was heading out of the department I was shopping in and crossing the clothing dept. how can a person get customer service from someone who doesn't even speak english?

What the heck are ya thinkin Walmart??? Some of us still speak English in the USA.

Comments

Walmart is a company of many faces. I'm sure that store has many Spanish speaking people coming in to shop. Walmart is doing a great job.

Hindi***

Same thing happened to me they look at you with a blank expression on their face and walk away. Maybe target has paper clips.

Learns spanish

to Anonymous #1381125

Learns Spanish? What is that suppose to mean?

Do you mean "learn Spanish"? I think you should learn English first.

Welcome to the United States of Mexico. Thank Obama.

to Anonymous #1457094

Obama made America great... sorry not sorry!

APRENDE HABLAR ESPANIOL!!!! QUE TE IMPORTA SI NO HABLAN INGLES.

Having the same issue in Midland Texas.... workers don't speak English and they don't bother to try and find someone who does to help you... just "no English" and walk away

Ridgefield, Connecticut, United States #1339973

I think it's great that Walmart is offering jobs to people that would otherwise have a very difficult time finding employment. We all need to be patient in working together.

to Sharon #1350325

Liberals, you're all the same. You are the problem with this country. One nation, one language, one culture.

to me #1391177

There are 57 million Hispanic people living in America, which accounts for 18% of the population in the country. Also this country has had a long history of people coming from different countries in search for a better life.

It's great Walmart offers people jobs, even those who can't speak English.

They may not be able to help you but there are many others to help you out in the Walmart stores. I hope you can be more open-minded and spread love, even to people who may be different than you.

to Lisa #1439338

Really ? The person who is supposed to be “training” my daughter does not speak a lick of English.

There is only one other person in her department who actually does, kinda. I have nothing against people coming to America in search of a better life but they need to come here legally, assimilate and learn English.

If anything ever happens to my daughter getting hurt on the job because of zero communication due to these people not speaking or understanding English but yet they are “training “ other people who they cannot communicate with Walmart is getting their *** sued. It has zero to do with being “open minded “ or them being “different” and everything to do with being a true American, if they feel like they don’t want to learn our language then they are more than welcome to go back to their homeland, they are leaving there for a reason.

to me #1456619

One culture? You're funny, accept the fact that United States is a country with several cultures and people deserve the opportunity to work.

*** racist.Accepting this fact doesn't make you liberal. Educate yourself.

unfairhiringprastices
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1225422

Why do people like the OP insist on calling grown women girls when they act like they are four years old themselves.

Good grief...qui your *** about English and learn to type better.

Most of you people show you didn't pay much attention in school learning the basics, reading and writing.

Good god....typos that bad are pathetic!

to Anonymous #1350321

God should be with a capital G.

Quit patronizing Walmart. Period!

I quit going for that reason and many others.

Find a mom and pop store. I refuse to fund people's business' who are working on their 3rd of 4h vacation home/yacht/yearly ski trip....

Well - as many as possible.

Wayne, West Virginia, United States #1200617

I agree this is the USA and the ones that are true citizens speak English. I believe that if they can't speak English then NO Visa's of any kind.

If they want to visit for a couple weeks fine then they need to leave. If I go to their country I wouldn't expect them to accommodate me. USA has been to soft on to many for a long time.

God needs to come and close it out before it gets any worse cause it will get worse.

to grams25 #1363368

My Grandparents came from Germany and they learnt English immediately.... still spoke German at home but....