Corpus Christi, Texas
2.4K views

Why the heck does walmart hire non english speaking employees? Went to walmart in Uvalde Texas and asked the girl in the pet department where I could find puppy wormer.

she doesn't say a word just looks at me with a blank stare then she spins on her heels and walks away. I started to follow her until I realized she was heading out of the department I was shopping in and crossing the clothing dept. how can a person get customer service from someone who doesn't even speak english?

What the heck are ya thinkin Walmart??? Some of us still speak English in the USA.

Comments

@American

I realize that I am replying several years later but, you know what? ...

over 4 years have passed and and I, too, have had my own similar experience with Spanish speaking employees at a

Wal-mart store (this one in Rogers, Arkansas). So the problem continues (unchecked) and I fear is getting only worse.

I will not go into details concerning my experience, but suffice it to say that I agree completely with your comment. Thanks for posting it.

IHateStupidCustomers

im sorry for freaking out. truth is, I was just looking for dog treats but I was too dumb to realize that they were in front of me the whole time.

the spanish lady spoke english but I just felt like making fun of her because she isn't from american. and ethan, my grammar is just fine so you cant say anything about it. truth is, I was stoned when I first made this post. and I was feeling racist but now that im sober, I still think that spanish lady shouldnt have been working at walmart.

she should be working in a field somewhere. screw all of you.

Really Jedi Knight Ethan, where did you get the idea that she did not work in that dept? You even went so far as to state that was a FACT?

REALLY? lol... you interjected that all on your own. and what, the best you can do is mention that I forgot to capitalize the word English?

What a joke. you couldn't come up with a decent response so you had to focus on a small letter e? LOL... I had a sick dog, needed some customer support from a business in the USA and couldn't find an English speaking person in that department.

What if your child was sick and you went to a pharmacy for help and couldn't find anyone to speaking English to help you?

Again Get a Clue. :grin :grin

unfairhiringprastices
@speaktrue

IF you knew how to read and it is quite apparent that you don't you would see that he is saying don't bash other's for poor English when yours is just as poor.

oh please, not poking fun of her English, she didn't speak ANY!! NOT ONE WORD!

AND SILLY, who told you she didn't work in that department? SHE WAS WORKING IN IT, NEVER OFFERED ME A WORD OF ENGLISH JUST SPUN ON HER HEEL AND WALKED AWAY. Apparently you either have a problem reading English or is it the comprehension you have a problem with? AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY?

THAT'S JUST GREAT IF YOU WANT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. i ASKED WHERE TO FIND A PRODUCT, GOT NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER AND GUESS WHAT?

I DID NOT BUY ANY.... GET A CLUE PEOPLE....

Exactly!!!

Before poking fun of someone else and their English, I suggest you get a spell check and have someone check your grammar. Also it is not a matter of not knowing English.(which begins with a capital you English major) but the fact that she does not work in that department.

Equal opportunity law read it