Chicago, Illinois
3.1K views 67 comments

To whom it may concern,

I would like to give feedback on the current hiring process at Walmart. I was called into an interview at the Burbank location, and was offered a part time position as a Cashier that I was very excited to receive. I had stated on my application and verbally that I have a full time position, and that my availability was in the evening, and anytime on the weekends. When I had finished filling out my paperwork, and was told I had the job, the hiring manager said that Orientation was everyday from 10-7 for a week or more at times and there was no flexibility during this time. I don't understand how Walmart can require this amount of time from people who apply for Part time jobs. Most people applying for these positions are in school, work another day time job, have personal obligations like family, and children, and so forth. I was very disappointed to receive the position that I had hoped for, only to have to give it up due to the strict Orientation time frames.

Review about: Hiring Process.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Walmart Manager
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Tucson, Arizona, United States #677614

Thats not all, they give u a five month probationairy time frame and u dont get a raise nomatter how hard u work

Mandy

Anon19375: I know what you mean about those questions.Thankfully there was only one person there when I interviewed, but I was incredibly nervous.

It is ridiculous how they ask the questions!

I had two interviews on the same day, then signed papers for the background check and went to take the drug test.Now I am just waiting for a call.

Jedi Knight Ethan

I don't know why you all continue to lecture this person. She is in the wrong, but if she did not understand this three years ago when she wrote this review and if she does not understand this now what makes you sure she will every understand that she is in the wrong here?

js

Sk walmart is not part of a union

Tasha
Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439443

You do not deserve the job, and with your attitude you will not find any job.If you cannot make it to orientation how are they to know you will not blow off work.

GROW UP, the world does not revolve around you. If you want the job that bad you make arrangements.

You don't get to choose when to work.They do.

Anon19375

I woke up this morning early and decided to go to school like 4 hours before class started because I had some work I really needed to get on top of. I got there at 10 and looked at my phone and noticed a missed call and a voicemail. It was walmart telling me to call back about a job. I did and she was like "Hi Karlee, Kyle referred your application and i was calling to see if you would like to interview for a job in the meat department. I said sure and she was like great can you come like...now. I said sure i am right down the road and can be there in 5.

All I was thinking was *** *** *** *** wtf, why would she call last minute like that, meanwhile im in my royal blue scrubs looking like a dork.I got there and she gave me my application and told me to initial and sign it. I was like ok and I am so sorry about what I am wearing because when I got the call I was at school right down the road and came straight here. She said oh its fine and its actually better then what a lot of people come in here looking like. I then had a sigh of relief almost.then she dropped the bomb,she said we do our interviews a little different here, it is a panel of 3 people in there including me and we all ask you questions. She said but dont be nervous a lot of people are and i was like toooo lateeeee.

And of course I am super ADD (diagnosed and all) so my memory is just not there like everyone else's is. The questions were like she gives you a situation and asks you like 6...

I wanted to scream by then end of it all, and i think the only positive thing said directly to me was the guy telling me the hours i was available were perfect.

Then they ask me to step outside the room while they talk. And you would not believe what happened next...Laughter

Then the lady stepped out of the room and said we will get in touch with you in a couple of days about the job. :(

notfear

I was thinking about putting a application in but i came realize its no black people working in walmart

RH

I apply the form and check mark on the date/time which I can fit that day for work.I got an interview and they offered me for work from six pm to ten pm from Monday to Saturday.

I realized that date and time won't fit for me, because I have college class in the morning and free time is in the afternoon, then why they want me to work evening hours and Saturday night? My girlfriend hate that hours and no time for date for us. She said drop that and forgot that!

My manager said final offer and no change.I walked away from that store and never come back.

miss dee

i applied at walmart online and go called for a first interview.after my interview the interviewer told me to wait for a call for my 2nd interview but until now they still havent called me.

that is so frustrating. just kinda wish they'll call me and tell me i didnt get the job. i tried calling and the lady said ok, ill let the management know that you called but still no call back at all.

to be honest i dnt think im doing any shopping at walmart again...they disappointed me!

Stacy Boyd

I think management at Walmart's in almost every department in every state need to be checked out.I think that complaint forms need to be made available every paycheck by employees without fear of any flack.

My son had a heart condition and they changed jobs for him but then he ended up going from the tire place to loading and unloading trucks and was ridiculed by workers when he wanted to work and not drink or smoke on the job. I am so sick of this kind of ***. Not the only complaint I have there are several more but they all have lawyers and are being taken care of. When people are hard workers why would be mess with their livliehoods.

If this is a serious site than stop making silly comment like the one above. When my son was hired they knew about his condition and should have made any kind of accomadations for him. When he complained to the management the manager actually called him a puss.

What kind of *** is that?Now they are all being investigated but it is a little late and my son has to worry about how he will keep a roof over his daughter's head and how he will pay for his medical bills.