3.2K views

To whom it may concern,

I would like to give feedback on the current hiring process at Walmart. I was called into an interview at the Burbank location, and was offered a part time position as a Cashier that I was very excited to receive. I had stated on my application and verbally that I have a full time position, and that my availability was in the evening, and anytime on the weekends. When I had finished filling out my paperwork, and was told I had the job, the hiring manager said that Orientation was everyday from 10-7 for a week or more at times and there was no flexibility during this time. I don't understand how Walmart can require this amount of time from people who apply for Part time jobs. Most people applying for these positions are in school, work another day time job, have personal obligations like family, and children, and so forth. I was very disappointed to receive the position that I had hoped for, only to have to give it up due to the strict Orientation time frames.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Manager.

Comments

Same here. I run my orientations based on when I can get the people in.

Some are during the day, some are only in the evenings, and some are on Saturdays or Sundays. Sometimes I end up having to change my schedule but if it means I get people in and can clear my orientation screen, I'm all for it.

I had thought the same thing, which is why I posted this complaint. I have worked for a few retail chains in the past, and they have all been flexible with Orientation.

I did pick up a part time at another retail store, and like you said Orientation is worked around your schedule. I'm glad to hear that not all of the Walmart locations have such limited Orientation time frames.

Our Walmart store is flexible with the orientation process and does it in the evenings and on weekends. I don't understand why they would not offer the same.

WHY does there always have to be an A S S H O L E like Brett on all of these?????

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #57281

I wouldn't complain. It's hard to find a job since the economy is worse than it was 6 or 7 months ago. This is the only time that they can do an orientation.

These orientations are done during the day when the personnel staff can conduct them, and involve "classes" of up to about a dozen people. There really is little room for flexibility there.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #56095

I guess you are a little kid. If you want a job, you cannot just turn up when you please. Perhaps when you are legally old enough to work you can apply again.