happened on 04/29/2018.

My wife diagnosed with diabetes due to her pregnancy and needed blood strips, she texted me a picture from Walmart shows they carry her strips. I went to the nearest one to me (sterling heights, Michigan on 14 mile and Van *** the pharmacy was close at 7PM, but the item was on shelf inside a sensor container. I asked if I can pay for this item at the register and I was told yes, I can. The item was for $34 but when i got home my wife said the picture shows the item is for $8.98, therefore i order more from Walmart online so I can take this one back to the store.

on 05/30/2018 after less than 24 hrs. I went to the customer service for the return. the lady behind the counter told me the item is not returnable because it's state law! i explain that this item Walmart sales it for $8.98 and i order more and show her my purchase and what i pay and I also said "you should do price match for this item because it's coming from your website, the answer was the item is not returnable. period.

I asked for a manger to talk to and the respond was very impolitely saying” OK! I WILL CALL SOMEONE ELSE TO TELL YOU SAME THING " NOT RETURNABLE"".

the manger came and his name is BRIAN works on day shift (be wear of him- rude manager). I tried to explain to him my situation and he cuts me off and not letting me explain, and all what he wants to say "not returnable".

I had to stop him and told him let me finish then you can tell me and when I disagree with his decision he WALKED AWAY FROM ME AND FROM THIS CONVERSATION BY SAYING " END A DISCUSSION". didn't even try to at least apologizes for his decisions. I went to pharmacist and told him what happen and the pharmacist could not say anything and do anything. I approach him "why your shelf items dos not say anything about the item is not returnable?" and he also has no answer. I walk away from the store with no wish to return again. I called Walmart and and complaint about what happen and after one hour on phone finally they asked me to contact the main manager and they give the name. they told me they can't take any decision on phone and has to come from the store itself. therefore I called the manager and said "she will review the video and will talk to direct manager and his behave and will call me in next day".

it’s been 24 hrs. and I haven't even received the call from the store manager to give her lost thoughts on her store unprofessional business practice.

final thought was: WALMART HAS NO SIGN ANYWHERE IN THEIR PRODUCTS THAT SHOULD SAY "SALE IS FINAL AND WON'T ALLOW FOR RETURN" AND ALSO NOTHING IN THEIR RECEIPT SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT FINAL SALE. As consumer how can I know if the item was returnable or not? and if it's state Law Why they have no sign for that? Walmart has wasted my time and money and I have no desire in future to spend any money or time on any of their store. I will take my business somewhere else where they can appreciate the consumer.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Mgrs and supervisors refuse to respond to valid complaints, Customer service at checkout, No sign on item or receipt for product that are not returnable.

Comments

It rings up on the register that the item isn’t returnable

I believe what you mean a test strips, Not blood strips.

to Anonymous #1473727

blood test strips. correct!