Walmart door search has always been voluntary. You are volunteering to show you receipt.

Once you pay for merchandise, it's yours and Walmart doesn't have a right to search your merchandise. Earlier in the year a judge declared that the whole thing is illegal and Walmart had to cease searching people. In a news article, Walmart stated that they would be reassigning greeters/illegal searchers and they did in some areas but they are slowly creeping back into stores in Black areas. People please sue.

The only way to stop it is to sue. It *** me off when Black people my age volunteer their receipt immediately trying to prove you are not a thief. It is an insult to you as a paying customer to be searched. If Walmart has a theft problem, there are other ways to combat this.

Walk your big purchase customers out the store is one way.

Stop treating customers like we need you, you need us. #Walmart

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Customer Care.

Comments

You sound ignorant.People were arrested unlawfully at walmart.The last one in South Carolina sued and got over two hundred thosand dollars.Oh and the kind of lawyer you get for this is called....A civil rights attorney. You probably do not know your rights...goggle this.

@Anonymous

There is difference between being arrested and being asked to show a receipt. You are the ignorant one.

@ObsoleteGiantClam432

On sheeple keep showing your receipt....You will be the first one to complain when everyone loses their rights.

@Anonymous

Do you not know how to read little boy? I never said I show my receipt.

I said there is a difference between being arrested and being asked to show a receipt. Are you really that dense?

@ObsoleteGiantClam432

Maybe the reason that some of the people don't wanna show a receipt is because they don't want to be arrested when the employee sees that they didn't pay for the soda water that they have in their cart. So they simply ignore the employee who is calling out "Ma'am, may I see your receipt please?" and they calmly walk out to their vehicle, load up their groceries, and drive away.

@Anonymous

Soda water???? What are you like 90 years old?????

@Anonymous

The thing is yes they check your reciet but.........Wal-Mart does not check for the mysterious phantom seven dollar charges which they have known about for the past 10 years.Google it.

kevin radson again. been in jail and got beaten up and it all Walmart fault.

they had me arrested. like what me do. show people me bare belly.

oh yea but was arrested in Walmart. oh no

@Anonymous

Make sure that you don't go around without your shirt on while you are in jail. Some of the other inmates might be thinking that you be wanting them to mess with you, if you know what I mean.

Several times so far when I have used the self-checkout, the machine has run out of receipt paper and I have to wait a long time while they get someone to fix it so that I can get a receipt printed. Also, I have noticed that many people leave the self-checkout machine without taking their receipt.

What if they are stopped at the door by someone asking for their receipt and when they go back to the self checkout lane find out that it is no longer there because the person behind them inadvertently took it when they grabbed their receipt. Will this poor schmoe have to wait while they view the security footage to see if they actually paid for it, or will they simply just take the word of this customer because they look like they are honest.

Zachary2001

Though it is annoying you cannot sue. Also they check everyone not just blacks.

@Zachary2001

Sure you can sue.In the USA we have rights.Many have given up their lives so we have these rights.Use them.

@Anonymous

Anonymous it is people like you who make USA look bad. Anything that does not go your way you sue.

You don't get your way, you play the race card.

Thanks for making us look bad. GET A JOB AND EARN YOUR OWN MONEY.

They pull this BS on everyone. It's not a race thing, but it is illegal for them not to take no for an answer. Unless they saw me conceal something and have reasonable suspicion that I did indeed shoplift then they have no right to prevent me from leaving with my property.

While yes when you pay for something it’s yours. The issue is that YOU are on private property and they have every right to ensure you are not stealing!!

Once you leave the property and they ask then yes they are breaking the law. But until you leave their property the have far more rights then YOU. They have right of ownership and that gives them so much power. So while it’s frustrating and yes even I roll my eyes when they ask me, I will still show my receipt as I have nothing to hide.

If you’re so butthurt then don’t shop there but don’t be surprised when the new store you pick does the same thing. This is life now. YOU the consumer have driven them to this point. YOU the customer steal!!

YOU are the direct cause of your own problems. And god help a store if a female comes in. Odds are that at least 5 items will end up In her purse. In fact females steal the most!!!

Many stores now ban large purses or backpacks. You PEOPLE have done this. You can’t now whine and complain that these steps need to be take. You the consumer are scamming,lying, and thieving little bundles of idjits.

Think about it for a moment. Literally BILLIONS of dollars are stolen every year. BILLIONS!!

Yep they have every right to check my receipt. I would to when faced with BILLIONS of lost revenue.

@Anonymous

This guy is a moron. Are strip searches ok at the door too?

Because this guy thinks "private property" means they can do whatever they want. ***

Zachary2001
@Anonymous

Technically since they did not mention strip searched, you are moron for bringing it up.

@Anonymous

What if someone is concealing a large smoked sausage in their drawers?

@Anonymous

You must be one of the sheeple.I will never ever give up my rights for anyone.Never show your reciet.Always record as you walk out.Keep your rights.If you do not our country is doomed.Also always record the police.Never let big money corporations win.

@Anonymous

I agree with you. Especially if you are stealing something, you shouldn't ever show your receipt.