My name is Ken.Danielson, I am a 47yo male and I had a stroke on Dec 27th 2009. Due to the stroke I now deal with chronic fatigue, my right side arm and leg are out of whack, I have back pain and Migraines. I have to use the electric carts when I go to stores like Walmart and others. I have been in a continuous battle for walmart to keep their carts safe and just charged up for us disabled folks to be able to use. There has been this one cart in particular that I have had the most aggravation with for the past 6 months. It began when I used a cart that slid some when I stood up to get an item on a higher shelf. The carts are suppose to lock in place for safety when you are not pressing the handles to make it move. I told the manager on duty and she promise me she would look into it. To get to the chase this dance went on for 4 more months and then this incident happened to me. I went shopping at walmart at about 1 am one night and got a few items and went to my car. I sat on the cart and placed the items in my trunk and then with the last bag I had to stand up to place it. I put one foot on the ground between the cart and my car and one foot was still on the cart. Then it slowly began to move and before I could become aware of my situation ( for info sake I have comprehension and memory issues so I am slow to get things sometimes ) I became wedged under my bumper and the cart in such a way that I could not maneuver my arms or legs to use the handles or push myself up. So I stayed wedged for about 15 minutes until a nice young couple came out and helped me up.

I went inside and spoke to the manger on duty, Shirley, and was promised she would have it fixed. Now also know that she never asked how I was and never asked me to fill out a report. This same dance went on for another month with this same cart and it was never made safe and it was always put back out. I told the mangers on duty 3 more times and the last time I threatened to sue walmart and surprise I got their attention. This time they had me fill out an incident report and the next day I spoke with Billy Abechrombe the stores head whatever. He was kind and supportive and even told me about his daughter being severely disabled and how he would be upset if she was not safe. He promised me that he would see to the matter personally and make sure that the cart was made safe or thrown out. Finally I felt that something would be done to protect us from unsafe carts and I felt sure that this would be resolved soon. I took some time off from walmart because it just wore me out mentally and physically so a month later I went shopping at walmart and to my horror what did I see when I walked in the doors, The same cart sitting there but I still thought it had to be fixed so I tried it and too my shock and dismay it was not. It was just as dangerous as it was before as if nothing was done at all. I was mad and hurt and disgusted at walmart and especially billy abecrombe for lying to me and not caring about the disabled and after playing the disabled sympathy card about his daughter.

I went home and fumed and then called billy the next morning. I told him what I thought of him and that I thought that he personally did not care about the disabled at all. He explained that he called the guy that fixes the carts so he did what he said he would do. I told him again what he said to me about making sure it was fixed and again he said he did what he said he would do. I told he that he was a liar because he said that he promised he would make sure it is fixed or thrown out and that he cared about the disabled because of his daughter and again I called him a liar and he just continued to explain that he did what he said he would do so you decide for yourself if he cares about you or someone you know that is disabled in some way.

What I want from this happening to me is for walmart to care about us and make it safe for us to come to walmart if we choose. Personally I choose not to any more. I do not believe liars. Thank you for your attention to my situation and I hope that you will make yourself known to Billy Abecrombe at Walmart

5448 Whittlesey Blvd # B Columbus ga (706) 322-8801

.Please let him know what you think of his concern for the Disabled. No one should have to wait that long for help.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

I'm disabled.My problem, my *** is as large as a watermelon, and kind of looks like *** Nelson.

I have to tie a string to my p3n1s so I can find it in the fold of flesh. I've tried putting it over my shoulder, but that made me speak in a high-pitched mousy voice. People kept offering me cheese. I tried just letting it drag, but it got a hole worn in it and one of the testes fell out and wrapped itself around my ankle.

I fell over and now I have a broken nose. Unfortunately I was also chasing a bat in the cave and have a broken finger too.

I need, no, I demand a motorized scooter to put my *** in so I can shop to my hearts content comfortably.Also, please put one of the inflatable donuts on the seat, because I have a carbuncle full of pus that hurts really awful.

BooFricketyHoo

Wow, stop changing your name every time you respond, you loser. Get some therapy while you are at it. Yeah, it sucks being disabled, but don't take it out on everyone else.

AND I AM SURE THE ONLY YOU HAVE EVER HAD BooFricketyHoo LOL ENJOY YOURSELF

BooFricketyHoo

I will go f**k myself. I'm the best I've ever had.

HERES YOUR SIGN A-S-S-W-I-P-E

THNX FOR THE INSIGHT INTO YOUR LUMINOUS BRAIN. NOW FOR ANYONE WHO CAN ACTUALLY READ-READ IT AGAIN AND GAIN SOME INSIGHT INTO YOUR OWN VILE SENSE OF SELF WORTH.

OR JUST GO F-U-C-K YOURSELF AS USUAL. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

BooFricketyHoo

Hey, Asswipe.I'm disabled, too.

I lost my career just recently at a very young age. Do you see me crying and starting trouble at the local Walmart? No. Get over yourself.

The problem isn't with Walmart...it's with you and your inability to accept your limitations.:cry

Just wait until walmart is the only one left! BUWAHAHAHAHA

Hey, Eduardo, I hope you aren't suddenly stricken ill someday and require assistance because you have a decline in your activities of daily living.

That being said, I do not utilize the chairs.I go shopping on my days when I am feeling well.

I have a rolling walker with a basket attached. My kids come with me and push the cart, and together we are quickly in and out of the store. Get in anyone's way? Nah, I don't.

Expect anyone to show me special treatment? No, I don't expect that, either. I just want to shop like everyone else. Just don't discriminate against me.

I've learned my limitations, accepted them, and learned to adapt in society with them.***, I literally worked until I couldn't stand up anymore.

LOL TO ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT HAVE SO GRACIOUSLY GIVEN OF THEIR TIME AND SO BEAUTIFULLY STATED THEIR VIEWS, HERE'S YOUR SIGN. YOU HAVE EARNED IT WELL THROUGH CLEAR VERBAL GRATUITY AND BEFUITY. UNTIL WE MEET ON THAT WELL SOUGHT OUT PLAIN AND CAN ONCE AGAIN GRACE EACH OTHER WITH VERTUITY AND STRADOSIROUSISM WE SHALL HOLD OURSELVES TO A SIMPLE YET ASTIOUS CARICATURE OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT-UNTIL THEN *** OFF LOL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

Actually, nobody cares about the disabled.The disabled get in everyones way, and makes us normal people have to help them.

Help yourself.

I suggest go to another Walmart, or, get your own electric cripple chair.Now take your handy-uncappable crippled special self and limp off a cliff.