On May 31, 2015, the showerhead in my main bathroom broke. The only place in town that sells these types of things after 5:00 pm is Walmart so my wife and I drove to Walmart to get a new one and we did some light grocery shopping while we were there. On the bottom shelf we found a showerhead combo that had a great price of $9.99 on the shelf sticker and there was another identical showerhead behind it so we figured it was a sale item or overstock that Walmart was trying to get rid of. When we finished our purchase at the register the total was $20.00 more than what I had calculated so I asked the cashier what the price of the showerhead was. She scanned it and it rang up at $29.99. I asked her to get a price check since the shelf tag displayed it as $9.99. A female manager came over and took the item and came back saying that an employee must have put them in that spot because they were "overstock". I asked her to honor the price on the shelf and she refused so I advised her I was going to file a complaint. She said "go ahead, Walmart isn't going to care". I asked her for her name and she moved behind the counter and said "I don’t have to give you my name". I looked around the counter and saw that her name was Denise. She said it won’t matter because there are alot of Denises at the store and Walmart won’t know which one is her, so I took my phone out and took her picture, which she then advised I couldn't do. I advised her again I was going to file a complaint and then I gathered my things and my wife and I left the store.
I want Walmart to honor the price displayed on the shelf and reimburse me for the difference that I paid. It is unreasonable that any customer should have to get down on their hands and knees and check those little tiny numbers on the tag against the product placed there. This has happened to me numerous times at this Walmart and i'm tired of being treated this way. I also want Walmart to write an apology for the way I was treated, and furthermore, why does Walmart have a policy of their employees not giving their name when a customer makes it clear they need it to file a valid complaint?
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- pricing and customer service
- Preferred solution:
- i want refunded the difference between the advertised price and the purchased price and an apology letter from Walmat
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Shower Head
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would..."
- "Its too much...i would like to be contacted by someoneASAP!!!! @12 noon im going to a lawyer 616.337.2241 Me my wife and my family are very very upset!!!! ..."
- "So I knew that Walmart did not take great care of their fish, but I had never seen anything worse than what I saw the other night. almost all the..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "I ordered a tempered glass screen protector. I didn't realize it was coming from China, but was prepared to be patient. took 2 weeks to arrive and then was completely..."
- "I went in early (6:30 am) on Memorial Day to avoid the holiday rush. The store wasn't real busy but the lines were still exasperatingly slow because there were only..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."