On May 31, 2015, the showerhead in my main bathroom broke. The only place in town that sells these types of things after 5:00 pm is Walmart so my wife and I drove to Walmart to get a new one and we did some light grocery shopping while we were there. On the bottom shelf we found a showerhead combo that had a great price of $9.99 on the shelf sticker and there was another identical showerhead behind it so we figured it was a sale item or overstock that Walmart was trying to get rid of. When we finished our purchase at the register the total was $20.00 more than what I had calculated so I asked the cashier what the price of the showerhead was. She scanned it and it rang up at $29.99. I asked her to get a price check since the shelf tag displayed it as $9.99. A female manager came over and took the item and came back saying that an employee must have put them in that spot because they were "overstock". I asked her to honor the price on the shelf and she refused so I advised her I was going to file a complaint. She said "go ahead, Walmart isn't going to care". I asked her for her name and she moved behind the counter and said "I don’t have to give you my name". I looked around the counter and saw that her name was Denise. She said it won’t matter because there are alot of Denises at the store and Walmart won’t know which one is her, so I took my phone out and took her picture, which she then advised I couldn't do. I advised her again I was going to file a complaint and then I gathered my things and my wife and I left the store.
I want Walmart to honor the price displayed on the shelf and reimburse me for the difference that I paid. It is unreasonable that any customer should have to get down on their hands and knees and check those little tiny numbers on the tag against the product placed there. This has happened to me numerous times at this Walmart and i'm tired of being treated this way. I also want Walmart to write an apology for the way I was treated, and furthermore, why does Walmart have a policy of their employees not giving their name when a customer makes it clear they need it to file a valid complaint?
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- pricing and customer service
- Preferred solution:
- i want refunded the difference between the advertised price and the purchased price and an apology letter from Walmat
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Shower Head
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "First I paid for the prepaid card that Walmart offers by green dot. When I had a card stolen the balance that was on the card before the police report..."
- "Sharon Clements Yesterday January 28th 2016 I went shopping at the Wal-Mart in Tampa Florida at 1505 N Dale Mabry Hwy. I went shopping without my husband for the first time..."
- "By far, my family and I had one of the worst experiences ever!!!My husband &I decided to go to on Friday April 15, 2011 to Wal-Mart(Store #3601, Crestwood IL) to..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."
- "I went in early (6:30 am) on Memorial Day to avoid the holiday rush. The store wasn't real busy but the lines were still exasperatingly slow because there were only..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."