If I can give advice to anyone thinking of giving a Walmart gift card: Don't do it. I bought a card for a Xmas gift for my son.

It was under $250 (the amount you need to activate it on your own is $250 up). He went to use it. It was not activated. I called them.

Threw a fit. I was informed it would take 48 hours to activate. I was not happy with that. So, I ge an email two days later informing me the card was now activated.

No reason given as to why it was never activated in the first place. So, my son went to use it the send time. You guessed it. It wasn't activated.

I threw another fit. I demanded a refund. I wasn't going through that again. I have not received my refund yet, and I better.

Soon. Or I'll call my Visa card. No reason was ever given to me why they never activated my card. Very upsetting.

Never shopping at Walmart again.

Lost my business. They don't care about their customers.

Review about: Walmart Gift Card Activation.

Comments

#1419138

That doesn't sound like a Walmart gift card. I've certainly never heard of that, ours are activated as soon as payment goes through.

Maybe it was a visa prepaid card, with a Walmart logo, which is through a third party bank. I'm going to guess that you didn't keep your receipt either, which would've helped investigate any activation issues.

So you're incapable of acting like an adult and thought "throwing a fit" would get your problem fixed?

Poor baby. People who have a legitimate issue don't need to "throw a fit".

You will usually get more compassion and better service if you act like a reasonable adult.

Stop and think of how you would react if you were the customer service person that had to deal with you. Would you rather deal with a rational adult or someone "throwing a fit"?