1.6K views

I went to Walmart to get a new battery put in my watch, thinking it would be quick and cheap. When I got there, I had to wait about 20 minutes for someone to get there that supposedly knew what they were doing.

When I showed her my watch, she said she couldn't put the battery in for liability reasons since it wasn't a Walmart watch. So, while attempted to replace it myself, having no idea what I was doing (sorry I didn't go to watch-school), I broke my watch. So, now I don't only have a watch with no battery, I also have a watch with no hands.

The girl's only real offer of help was a bag for me to put the pieces in. Thanks for nothing Walmart!

Review about: Walmart Replacement.

Comments

GiftedRiverTurtle

You should have went to a watch repair shop if you do not go to watch school. I agree with the other posters. Do not call grown women girls when you are the childish one.

Also please don't call an adult old enough to work a girl, when you don't have the basic common sense that a child of six has.

You broke your own watch you silly little boy. You could have went elsewhere instead of trying to do something that you don't know how to do. You could have asked mommy to help you fix your watch.

#1112030

If people like you know their policy at certain places you should not open your mouth

Laramie, Wyoming, United States #960920

So going to Walmart for a battery change on your watch is kind of like going to GM or Ford to get a watch battery installed.

Just because they sell batteries and sell cars with clocks in them doesn't automatically qualify them to install a battery in your time piece.

omg I can totally relate to how you feel about Wal-Mart making break your watch because every day I wake up my television makes me watch it, my car makes me drive it, and my house makes me sleep in it......... Life with no free will is hard.

First Born Triplet
to Carty48 #843536

The person did not know how to fix the watch neither did the OP. the op should not have tried since they did not go to watch school. However this thing about free will being hard makes a good point, like that parent who complained that crappy service made her abuse her child.

to First Born Triplet #1535514

I read about that it is sad. I that did not make her abuse her child something else would have.

Wal-Mart is not to blame. They don't open watches they don't sell.

That is their policy.

YOU broke your watch. If the hands fell off you obviously weren't being very gentle with it.

#342088

I REALLY dislike Wal-Mart, I avoid it at all costs for many reasons I wont get into for this post. I am proud to say that I haven't set foot in one for over two years.

That being said, Wal-Mart didn't MAKE you do anything. Most companies wont install watch batteries for liability reasons. If you care about your watch and you want the install done properly, by an individual that is insured to do so, take it to a jewelry store. I'm sure the next response would be that will cost a pretty penny, and yes it will cost you money, but nothing comes for free.

I felt the necessity to respond to this post because I felt just the title, much less the content was a bit silly. It is a shame you broke your watch, but take some responsibility for your own decisions/actions. Wal-Mart did not hold a gun to your head, you have options of places that will do it. If you don't want to pay for it, well, you take the chance at breaking your product.

I'm sure the clerk at Wal-Mart didn't go to "watch school" either. I'm happy for the poor clerk that she didn't make an attempt at replacing the battery, if she had, and broken the watch, I'm sure you would have made life much more difficult for her, needlessly.

Most jewlery shops or pawn shops will change the battery for a small fee charging no more than wal-mart.

I have to ask. How did you break off the hands while attempting to change the battery? Seriously, did Walmart make you *** too?

I know a woman who made Meijer buy her a new watch because they scratched hers while changing the battery. Thats why stores don't want to it.

to Liability #1112273

Did it not turn out she lied and scratched her own watch? Not only that her child knew what happened almost exposed her and she threatened to break her jaw if another peep came out of her mouth?

to Anonymous #1535515

I hope if that is true she got her child taken from her.

I work for Walmart in the Jewelry Section and what the Associate did was right we can't Change watch batteries for liability reasons and as you blaming Walmart for YOU breaking your watch get over it that is the reason why the Associate did not change it what would you have done if the Associate had broken it.

maximinstgeorge
Moil, Northern Territory, Australia #333342

I agree with the above entry but only in a way. Hear me out.

I have watches from multiple sites and even other countries. I simply take them to any watch repair in the mall or wahtever, and it is usually only between 5 and 7 dollars to change the battery. I think Walmarts policy is to only service watches purcahsed from them, i.e, watches that they carry on their inventory. I know one of their bigger brands is Armitron.

I actually own a couple of these. They are surprisingly durable and in fact my oldest watch is ten years old and the only thing it has ever needed this whole time is a new battery (twice). So for spending 20 bucks once, I have only had to pay an additional 10 bucks over the past decade to keep it running.

But yeah, buddy, next time take it to someone who went through some kind of training to fix a watch. Sorry, but your loss.

LOL Walmart MADE YOU break your watch LOL. Your pathetic.

Bet you blame others everytime you screw up something.

LOL too funny. Im sure it was a $14 timex or something anyhow.