Bedford Charter Township, Michigan

I was at the Battle Creek, MI WalMart location to buy my mom a tv for her bedroom for mothers day.The managers were called to assist and they were anything but helpful.

First they wanted to sell me the highest price tv they had and were disgruntled when I didnt want it. In the end they had no tvs in the size I wanted that wasnt a return or an off brand. Their last offer was an off brand tv 3 inches smaller than the one I wanted and $40 more! When I tried to get the manager to see that I wanted the price of the bigger tv taken down 10% and then Id settle with the tv I didnt want in the firdt place.

The whole objective was to buy my mother a mothers day present.

We walked out of the store empty handed and very angry.Will not be back to the store as they have many communication issues

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of walmart manager. Walmart needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned walmart manager in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walmart. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Target.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Pleo

I'm always amused by people who go to Wal-Mart expecting ANY level of service and leave the store angry and frustrated when they didn't receive it.

Wal-Mart is able to keep things cheap by keeping their overworked staff to a minimum and selling sub-par manufactured goods.

Because of that latter point, be glad you didn't get your mom's TV at Wal-Mart.

The same exact unit you could buy at, say, PC Richard's or Best Buy would be better quality than the one you buy at Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart demands low prices from their suppliers, forcing them to use cheaper goods to make the same products.

It's true.Look it up.

Why exactly did you think you were entitled to 10% off of anything?Just because they didn't have the TV you wanted doesn't mean they owe it to you to mark down the price of another larger TV so you can "settle" for that.

This has nothing to do with management not being helpful however it has a lot to do with the fact that people go into Walmart expecting management to haggle prices with customers like its a yard sale.If they don't have the TV you wanted at a price you can afford then go shop someplace else.Simple fix.