4.4
Layout of Store

I went to a store in Orlando, FL to get the items I ordered online.The CSR and the manager didn't want to accept my Puerto Rico government issued picture ID because according to them that is not a valid form of identification.

I told them it is considered a valid form of ID and accepted elas an ID in Puerto Rico and the manager again said, with a discriminatory tone, that in the United States tht is not a valid form of identification and that If I don't have a passport or a Florida issued driver's license I can't get my items (2 long sleeve shirts costing less than $10). I called corporate to know more about what they consider a balid form of id and the phone representative said my ID should be accepted. She even called the store and the management, again, said they can't accept my ID.

The representative apologized and said she doesn't understand the reason for not accepting it but that every store has their own policies, which I think understand but I don't think any store policies should be discriminatory at all.I think and feel this is totally discriminatory and want my voice to be heard.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Walmart. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

LadyScot

LOL.So this store's employees did not know that PR IS a U.S.

Territory?LMAO!

It is absolutely a valid form of ID.Having been a cashier at WalMart myself for many years, and having worked alongside people like that manager, they were being discriminatory and you have every right to be angry.

I'd tell you to push it with corporate, but I can pretty much gaurantee that won't get you anywhere as they admit to no wrongdoing ever and will make up policy on the spot where it serves them.I know it doesn't fix anything, but I'm very sorry you were treated that way!

to Anonymous #1131518

Nice job lying to make it appear you were right OP.

He is not being discriminatory, it is not a valid form of ID.