Roeland Park, Kansas
7.3K views

I had direct deposit with Wal-Mart money Card. I lost my card so i called them to get a replacement.

i spoke with the automated system because they were closed. My address was never confirmed and even though i called repeatedly before to change my address, they never changed it and my card was sent to the wrong address. I called a week after thinking i was giving it time to get to me. I confirmed the address, had it changed again i then asked for a supervisor because the woman was so rude but she claimed they dont have supervisors and hung up on me.

I was upset because my rent was due and i was on the *** of eviction. I was charged for a second time for another card to get to me. I confirmed my address after calling for a 3rd time and the only thing i was told is im sorry. No one helped me, i asked them to expedite the card for free they told me no, i had to pay, there was nothing they could do, i finally got a superviz, said the same thing.

I advised at that time i would call back later to decide if i wanted to get it or not. I called the next day and had to explain the situation for the 4th time and that i wanted my card expressed. I told the customer service rep i would pay the express fee, he promised that the card was expressed but he lied and still sent it regular mail which resulted in me losing my car, my apartment and my job. i had to move back to my home state with a friend.

It was the worse experience i have ever had in my life. NEVER USE WAL-MART MONEY CARD SERVICES, YOU WILL LOSE MUCH MORE THAN JUST YOUR MONEY.

I even called the corporate office and filed a complaint and was promised a call back but i never received one. No one helped me.

Comments

What does it matter to anyone else if she is maybe putting to much blame on walmart money card? The end result is still the end result and had she had her card maybe things wouldn't have ended up the way that they did.

I don't understand what exactly you guys are defending. The issue is that the customer was not treated as she should have been. They have a responsibility to do everything within their power to resolve the customers issue, they are being entrusted with someone's money and that should be taken seriously. There should be a level of care and concern for their customer.

Hanging up on your customer with no resolution? Goes to show, greedy *** corporations only care about making sure that they get every dime out of every person that they can, while they can. Otherwise they would have strict policies to make sure that their customers are able to access their funds as soon as possible when their is a lost or stolen card.

If someone has to go hungry while they wait on their card to arrive what do they care? They are eating just fine.

I’m pretty sure you losing your car home and job was not Walmarts fault while them delaying your money was their fault I’m pretty sure there are underlying circumstances that were your fault

GREEN DOT MONEY CARDS ARE THE PREPAID CARD OF CHOICE OF SCAMMERS!

Why screw around with a Walmart money card when you can go to a bank and get a real account?

Does anyone actually know when the replacement card comes in? It's been almost a month and I haven't received it yet.

. . I lost it n they made my funds untouchable.

I'm super stressed. What is the usual wait??

AccomplishedTigerSalamander517
@Anonymous

7 business days is what I was told

Do y'all do express mail and long do it take to get a replacement card

Do not get Walmart Green dot card , some stole money off my card 4 times, before I ever use it, Walmart says look up address to print and mail in to dispute charges Wow also, said report card stolen, now money is in account but walmart cant give me my money for 8 -10 days, are I can have one in 3 days for $15. and they charge u to use their ATM machine and $ 3 to have them remove money crooks fake bootleg company. I filed a dispute with Better Business Bureau

I mean first you could update all your information (address, phone number etc..) online without having to call the customer service number.Second, you can also request a new card online as well, so there should be no complaints of speaking to an automated system or rude representative.

@Penny 21

Ur wrong I dare you to call and ask for a new card right now. I went thru ***

#1519108

Ya *** walmart moneycard ,you lose your card they will tell you theres no possible way to acess your money. And they arent shy about hanging up on people when asked to do actual work.

What a joke. Trash people in the call center afraid to become productive members of society and do fuckkn work thanks alot for nothing useless trash!!!

Sounds like you are lieing. you can use bill pay on your card to pay your rent, car payment etc....

@jjj

It looks like you can't spell LYING. And I have no reason to lie to people I dont care or about or dont know. Please get an education before you type anything else and embarrass yourself.

I have been using a Walmart money card for years and had no problems. The trick to money is do not keep it all in the same place.

@Jaime Jordan

I would agree with this. I am glad you have not had a problem. :)

@Jaime Jordan

I agree. I've also used the money card for years, and there is no problem...unless you leave money on the card too long! My card has been compromised when I've done that.

I'm done with Walmart money card I'm waiting for a replace card and I can never get a live I' person on the phone. I only wanted to know when the replacement was coming and have it been mailed out yet

and they can't even tell me that..

All my bills are do right now. I'm stopping my direct deposit asap .. The *** with a dam money card the worst experience I ever had. I don't advise nobody to get this card..

I'm getting a real bank account.. Lesson learned.

@Erica jackson

I had the same problem so trust me i understand. I haven't had them since. I have a bank account now.

Sounds to me more like you are blaming Wal-Mart for your poor money management I so believe in all that time you could of had your employer or who ever was direct depositing to stop and write a paper check and you wouldn't have lost everything. I've used Wal-Mart money card since they came out and have never let myself get in that position every time I've had a problem it was resolved in lest then business days.

Sounds to me you went weeks and never made any other Monet so you would have lost all anyway. Not Wal-Mart's fault

d.standley
@Anonymous

Every one is entitled to their own opnion even if it is wrong. I did talk to my employer and they were not willing to work with me.

Maybe I should have said that in the comments but for you to be so cold because YOU have never had a bad experience doesn't mean someone else hasn't and the fact that I begged them to send it and they purposely didn't do it makes it worse. I ALWAYS PAY my bills so who are you to say i have money problems? Are you an accountant? I dont think so.

So if you have a problem with what I wrote and what I said I really dont care. I know my experience and I wanted to share it with others so they dont go through the same thing. That is what this is all aabout.I svdn called corporate and they never even tried to contact Ms back. I haves written letters too, still no response.

But you know everything right and in your little perfect world everything would have worked out but guess what?

This is real life and it didn't work out that way. I know what happened and I tried so with that being said you can keep all your accusations to yourself.