1.4K views

Where to start on this? I've seen so many complaints on card blocks, but I've only seen them since I got my Walmart Money Card, a master card. When I got the card I was quite content to register it, and get it set up. This card was specifically purchased because it's a master card, which is one of the few accepted by a game site, for their in game currency, used to buy items with real world money.

I log in to my account, expecting that like with my GreenDot Visa which was purchased CVS that I'd be able just to go make my purchase. OH HOW WRONG I WAS! As soon as entered the card information, hit submit on the payment page I was promptly informed that my card could not be verified... I was perplexed by this, and assumed that this was a vendor issue, as in this specific kind of card they just won't accept. So I go to buy associated game cards to get my in game credits. I pick walmart specifically, because this is where I bought the card. Their website also cannot process the payment, I lose noting but my time in these attempts.

At this point I figure that I've made a clerical error somewhere in the process, a typo in my billing address perhaps. So I call customer service to attempt to root out the cause of the error. The first lady I speak with gives me the scripted response. My temporary card specifically says it can be used for online purchases. She has no idea what went wrong, and refers me to the vendor's customer support. I pose the possibility that I made an error in my billing address, she transfers me to someone who can help with that.

After a twenty minute wait on hold I get to the specialist who can help me, for security I'm asked to verify my information, and we proceed. She is able to confirm that the address I have is the correct one, I suspect that I may have incorrectly entered my information.

At this point I double check everything and attempt the transactions again, first at the game's website, where my card is still not accepted. So I try a second time with walmart, they process my order again, and again are unable to process my card. Much to my dismay through out this I noticed two things. One is that the walmart money card has it's own website separate from GreenDot's own system. At first I thought this was innocent enough, but it's shown it self to be a red flag indicator on the quality of service you're going to get.

The MAJOR red flag I found when examining the back of my temporary walmart money card is that it's backed by GE Capital Retail Bank. Now this card is affiliated with two companies who have been able to get away with paying absolutely zero in United Stats taxes. Despite the fact that both Walmart and GE offer goods, services, and make a lot of money in the United States!

So now let my saddening experience be a lesson to you so that you do not get sucked into this money pit. Run by not one but two horrifically greed companies that use every trick in the book to avoid their tax obligation.

At this point I can only wait for my personalized card, register it, and hope I can spend from it before I get hit with any of the unreasonable fees associated with this card. Though with a time frame of 7 to 10 business days before I get my card, and a reported fee application of within 10 days, I'm not hopeful, and I feel ripped off.

GreenDot cards purchased other places have most of the same policies, and fees that are usually around 5 dollars each for monthly, and loading fees. But I'd gladly pay 10 dollars to actually have access to the money that I've paid to my card, rather than get a "bargain" price on a similar product, and be unable to spend my money.

I have two other prepaid cards, the first was my GreenDot Visa, which allowed me to use my funds. I got it at CVS and they gave me no trouble with.

The other is a BlueBird pre-paid American Express card. Which not only has lower fees, always lets me access the funds that I place on the card, and are backed by ONLY American Express. Which means that American Express is your financial institution, and they do not EVER rob you, like GE will. The fees are the cheapest on this card compared to any other prepaid debit card I've yet seen, and with the benefits of American Express. Unfortunately not all vendors accept American Express, but at least I have enough options with it, as it's accepted in enough places.

Final word... STAY AWAY FROM WALMART MONEY CARD!!! Pure GreenDots from other retailers are backed by other banks, and won't ***. But BlueBird, despite the limitations of American Express, is the best value. Period.

Comments

Wentzville, Missouri, United States #1253692

where can u buy the mossy oak cards cant find one anywhere in mo

On Feb 12th 2014 I disputed 5 unauthorized charges on my Wall-Mart Money MasterCard now provided by The Rip off Artist cons at Green Dot. I filled out a dispute form had to pay to fax it to them (All other Visa & MasterCard Providers use the industry standard Method With Recorded Sworn Statement).

My computer was infected with a program, an email was created without my knowledge and my card compromised. I called each merchant to find out how and why I'M BEING CHARGED! I had no knowledge of the email used, no password so it was hard, I could verify my old card inf. These web sites using the same webpage formats customer service with different phone number where sex sites in located in Russia.

Wall-Mart supports this denial just by allowing a company likes of GE Capital and Green Dot to mange their money machine.

I had to pay $3.00 to dispute and $20.00 to get a new card. Green Dot Customer service said they contacted each rouge merchant and decided that I'm wrong and the merchants are right that I made the charges, the didn't even have my correct IP or SNID address.

How Green Dot would accept this is questionable, they probably back charged and recovered my money and pocketed my funds!!! I even pointed out the FBI has warnings about the companies who obtained my information were not ligate.

WHY IN THE *** DOES WALL MART MANAGEMENT FIND THIS AS ACCEPTABLE OF SCREWING CUSTOMERS, I KNOW MOST CUSTOMERS CAN NOT GAIN A CHECKING ACCOUNT, I USE THE SERVICE BECAUSE I USED TO GET DECENT FUEL DISCOUNTS (I GET BETTER DISCOUNTS AT KROGER AND I SAVE MORE ON ABOUT 75% OF OUR HOUSEHOLD NEEDS) AND TO MANAGE MY ALLOWANCES, BUT IN ALL DUE RESPECT WALL-MART WANTS TO PROMOTE MONEY GENERATING SHADY SERVICES PROVIDED BY GE CAPITAL AND GREEN DOT AS GOOD PROFITABLE BUSINESS MODEL!!!

In learning to know other things, and other minds, we become more intimately acquainted with ourselves, and are to ourselves better worth knowing.

-Mijn Tele2 Inloggen

We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.

-Sms140word

Real love is not based on romance, candle light dinner and walks along the beach. In fact, is based on respect, compromise, care and trust.

-Groupon-nl

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.

-DailyMail Rewards

It is a sad fact that 20% of marriages in this country end in divorce. But hey, the remaining end in death. You could be one of the lucky ones.

-Inloggen op Facebook.nl

Surat, Gujarat, India #749034

God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

Mijn Randstad Inloggen

There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.

Mijn Ing Inloggen

Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose-- a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye.

- Inloggen In

For the any Wal-mart customer there are two simple ways to get help, one is contact to officials by customer support phone number, or visit online services help using how to walmart.com. Here all the articles are best written by experts.