Update added by user Jan 12, 2015
BTW in the phone interview the Walmart MoneyGram rep asked me questions like who is this person to me (I said my close friend), how long did I know him (I said five years), she asked if we met in person (I said no), she asked what the money was for (I said i wanted him to buy a new PC headset with it), she asked me about my past sending money to him (I said it's rare only one other time for around $20).This is my close friend of five years and we've exchanged so many gifts dozens of times which we document in pictures on Facebook.
She then told me I was denied and that security felt this was part of a scam or I was being scammed.
I asked to speak with someone higher up to try and straighten this out and she told me there is nobody else for me to speak with.Too much hassle over something Western union handled perfectly, was even over $1 cheaper (maybe was some special).
Original review posted by user Jan 12, 2015
I went to the Walmart MoneyGram Website and tried to send around $20 to a friend in Serbia.After I filled everything out I got an email to call a toll free number because additional info was needed.
I called it and she asked me a bunch or personal questions about my relationship and what was this money to be used for and then she denied me saying security feels it's a scam.
I asked her for someone higher up to talk to and she said there is nobody.I sent the $20 via Western union instead with no problem.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Ridiculous policy
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Stop making it so strict for something obviously not a scam over $20 for someone I told her her I knew 5 years and rarely sent money to. If I ask to speak to someone higher up then let me, don't lie and say a customer service rep is the highest I can talk
- Product or service
- Walmart Moneygram
- Review category
- Cash Services
You May Also Like
- "I decided to give walmart one last chance, but yet again they are out of stock for the items i was shopping for. This is the 4th time it has..."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- " I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost..."
- "I purchased a leather couch ( Owen) in 2013. This couch has discolored and quality furniture replaced one section last year in 2014. Quality has been very helpful and customer..."
- "Finally got through to customer service and cancelled my membership...after many attempts to get me to keep it at a reduced price, extolling its many wonderful features I get for..."
- "Bought a new LG Washer and Dryer, Washer model WT5001CW in 2011. In LESS than 2 years, rust began to develop around the bleach dispenser. I do not..."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."