Update added by user Jan 12, 2015
BTW in the phone interview the Walmart MoneyGram rep asked me questions like who is this person to me (I said my close friend), how long did I know him (I said five years), she asked if we met in person (I said no), she asked what the money was for (I said i wanted him to buy a new PC headset with it), she asked me about my past sending money to him (I said it's rare only one other time for around $20).This is my close friend of five years and we've exchanged so many gifts dozens of times which we document in pictures on Facebook.
She then told me I was denied and that security felt this was part of a scam or I was being scammed.
I asked to speak with someone higher up to try and straighten this out and she told me there is nobody else for me to speak with.Too much hassle over something Western union handled perfectly, was even over $1 cheaper (maybe was some special).
Original review posted by user Jan 12, 2015
I went to the Walmart MoneyGram Website and tried to send around $20 to a friend in Serbia.After I filled everything out I got an email to call a toll free number because additional info was needed.
I called it and she asked me a bunch or personal questions about my relationship and what was this money to be used for and then she denied me saying security feels it's a scam.
I asked her for someone higher up to talk to and she said there is nobody.I sent the $20 via Western union instead with no problem.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Ridiculous policy
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Stop making it so strict for something obviously not a scam over $20 for someone I told her her I knew 5 years and rarely sent money to. If I ask to speak to someone higher up then let me, don't lie and say a customer service rep is the highest I can talk
- Product or service
- Walmart Moneygram
- Review category
- Cash Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "First I paid for the prepaid card that Walmart offers by green dot. When I had a card stolen the balance that was on the card before the police report..."
- "Yesterday I had to worst walmart experience ever at check out. the cashier had the worst customer service I have experienced in my life !!!!!!!!! I enjoy couponing and she..."
- "I ordered a custom cake made with the colors white & gray for my wedding I get a disgusting looking cake the color of brown and gold with the detail..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "This is regarding 2 Lazy-Boy recliners. Back in January I bought 2 matching recliners. These happened to be number 5&6 chairs. Four years ago I hurt my back really bad..."
- "We grew up on Domino's Pizza 3x a wk when my mother was taking night classes. To this day I still CRAVE their original recipe from 1980's with founder Tom..."
- "I purchased a leather couch ( Owen) in 2013. This couch has discolored and quality furniture replaced one section last year in 2014. Quality has been very helpful and customer..."