Update added by user Jan 12, 2015
BTW in the phone interview the Walmart MoneyGram rep asked me questions like who is this person to me (I said my close friend), how long did I know him (I said five years), she asked if we met in person (I said no), she asked what the money was for (I said i wanted him to buy a new PC headset with it), she asked me about my past sending money to him (I said it's rare only one other time for around $20).This is my close friend of five years and we've exchanged so many gifts dozens of times which we document in pictures on Facebook.
She then told me I was denied and that security felt this was part of a scam or I was being scammed.
I asked to speak with someone higher up to try and straighten this out and she told me there is nobody else for me to speak with.Too much hassle over something Western union handled perfectly, was even over $1 cheaper (maybe was some special).
Original review posted by user Jan 12, 2015
I went to the Walmart MoneyGram Website and tried to send around $20 to a friend in Serbia.After I filled everything out I got an email to call a toll free number because additional info was needed.
I called it and she asked me a bunch or personal questions about my relationship and what was this money to be used for and then she denied me saying security feels it's a scam.
I asked her for someone higher up to talk to and she said there is nobody.I sent the $20 via Western union instead with no problem.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Ridiculous policy
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Stop making it so strict for something obviously not a scam over $20 for someone I told her her I knew 5 years and rarely sent money to. If I ask to speak to someone higher up then let me, don't lie and say a customer service rep is the highest I can talk
- Product or service
- Walmart Moneygram
- Review category
- Cash Services
You May Also Like
- "This is how I received my order at walmart. This is not the first time. I'm so sick of receiving my orders with damage all over. I went to complain..."
- "First I paid for the prepaid card that Walmart offers by green dot. When I had a card stolen the balance that was on the card before the police report..."
- "I tried to return a car battery and was told I would not be able to get a refund. The battery was bough 2 days prior to the attempted..."
- "This is regarding 2 Lazy-Boy recliners. Back in January I bought 2 matching recliners. These happened to be number 5&6 chairs. Four years ago I hurt my back really bad..."
- "WOW, Dollar Tree sells better quality clothing than Fashionmia!!! The dress pictured and what I received in the mail were 2 entirely different things. The dress was thin, about 2 sizes..."
- "Bought a new LG Washer and Dryer, Washer model WT5001CW in 2011. In LESS than 2 years, rust began to develop around the bleach dispenser. I do not..."
- "This company offers drop shipping on their sites so you can sell their items on e-Bay.com and the items never sells, all crappy stuff. You call them to cancel and..."
- "...This company lied and said they attempted to deliver a package at 8:04 pm at night to a business..."
- "My father was kind enough to give me a H&D fruit of the month gift, a pricey thing for 12 mos. I live where there is no home delivery of..."