I stood in line for 45 min tonight at Walmart in Meridian, Idaho! They do not have not nearly enough checkers and it is ridiculous.

I complained to the checker and all she had to say was "life is unpredictable isn't it" .......excuse me??? BS.

Walmart is really poor service and how funny it is that when it's busy like that you don't get a survey thing for you to take from your receipt. I have noticed every time they do not have enough checkers you don't get a receipt with an offer to do survey.

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1195848

Standing in line at Walmart here in Illinois same old ***

What on earth did you want her to say? I thought her response was creative and polite.

She could have said to wait while she got a manager to visit with you and you would have waited another 45 min because her manager was probably on a register themselves. Walmart only has a few cashiers at night because no one wants to work those hours. I understand a job is a job and you take whatever job you can get. I am fortunate enough to have a husband who works those hours so I don't have to.

Most Walmart employees have lives that prevent them working after midnight. Maybe since you have time to shop at night and complain you should take up a part time job!

Oh and by the way the register spits out a survey every 3 customers no ifs ands or buts period. There is no way to change it!

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #178036

Hey if you want to buy cheep Chinese *** at low prices you have to wait in line. More employees cost more money and then the *** would cost more. Just shop some place else like the rest of us.

Winter Haven, FL

We only have 3-5 checker lines open! Our cashier is unhappy because of poor Management and short staff. Customers wait for 15-45 mins because not enough help! We ask for more help and we are told that we are on a hiring freeze! There is no buisness, sales are down! (I CAN'T TELL) We as cashiers are required to ask did you find everything you where looking for today? I don't ask because, we have no one that will help you if you where to say NO! Would you like to apply for a credit card? Intrest rates are high, and nobody wants one so why ask! Should be harrasment free and let the customer choose to speak up for one! Managers will come and talk to you in front of a customer about there problems with you instead of private area! Customer don't need to be hearing that matters! They send you home early if you have over time, then it count against you! I was scheduled, some how they magically removed my hours and gave me OFF, will not let me clock in, need a manager aproval! Good luck getting that! Full time with only 30 hours when I was scheduled for 39 hours! Managers walk around and don't great the customers, what happen to the TEN foot rule Sam Walton set? Walmart cheer and Meetings GONE! they don't care, we lost a customer with over 300.00 sale because a member of manager, told another manager that he wasn't going to have a clearance Patio set for 250.00 when it said 300.00! She took the sign down told her to change the price higher! She act like the customer wasn't even there, and never spoken or said hello to the man! They say that there isn't openings and then you see a new face! The Manager's don't know who to talk to there employees, and seem to be on vacation more than anything!

BULLCRAP! I have seen Managers go into the computer and can change and has done schedule! this is a poor excuess, they say it is home office, just like who they claim home office controll out A/C why in AR. which is another poor white lie!

Call home office! Corperate love to hear about these!

IT SEEMS AMAZING TO ME THAT WE HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE UNEMPLOYED AND TO ANSWER THE PROBLEM OF A CASHIER SHORTAGE ALL WE CAN SUGGEST IS TO SCREW SOMEONE ELSE OUT OF A JOB OPPORTUNITY BY ELIMINATING THE NEED FOR ANOTHER PAID CASHIER BY SUPPORTING THE IDEA THAT WE SHOULD DO THE WORK FOR FREE. WHAT A CONCEPT! I GUESS THAT'S WE DESERVE BY STOOPING TO THE LEVEL OF SERF!

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #157374

figment,

I find your comments real "mature".

Ahhh.. I see the rant of the *** has started - "Go to the self-checkout line!"

Guess what... they close those first, morons!

Walmart typically drops down to 1 or 2 cashiers at night. Ever notice that they never put one of them on the self checkout lines, where they could cover 8 registers?!?!? Instead, they put them on the express line as far away from the exit as possible?

Yes, the poor cashier has no say in it. It is the retarded manager that is at fault!

The poor cashier (which i am to assume is a checker) has nothing to do with how many people come shopping and how many people their manager has scheduled. Sorry you had to wait in line for 45 minutes but i feel more sorry for the cashier that has to deal with people like you standing at that register for 8 hours listening to everyone complain.

They really do not have the power to change anything for you ... and maybe you should get something better to do than go stand on line in walmart at night.

IT,S NOT THE CASHIER FALT IT,S THE COMPANY,S FALT NOBODY MADE YOU SHOP THERE.NEXT TIME GO TO SLEFCHECK IF YOUR IN THAT BIG OF A HERRIE WE STAND ON OUR FEET 7/8 HOURS A DAY CHECKINGOUT UNGREATFUL PEOPLE LICK YOU. WE DONT DO THIS FOR YOU .WE DO THIS FOR OUR FAMILYS WHERE THERE TO MAKE A PAYCHECK.

to this reviewer:GET OVER IT!!QUIT your crying and go to the self-checkout line!! :)

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #155366

I worked at a very well known grocery store for many years. The customer is always so quick to blame the cashier.

Did you ever stand back and see what they go through? First, the customer in front of you either asks off the wall questions like why they are out of something or why there arent enough cashiers. Well guess what, that cashier hasnt a clue! It not their duty to know that.

Or you get the customer who waits until the whole entire order is rung up and then decides to get out their coupons. Or they will wait to fiddle around their purse for their wallet or checkbook. Oh and dont get me started on checkbooks. They will wait til the order is rung up to write it out and to make matters worse, even log it in the back of their checkbook before they even make the check out.

I can go on and on, after many years of seeing this. This only tips the iceburg

Why did you ask the checker what was up and cop an attiude with her? She has notthing to do with the scheduling. If you were in that much of a hurry, you should have used the "self-checkout" line, unless you felt that you had already been put out enough.

Irish is right, maybe it was poopy time and it felt like 45 min. My mommy doesnt go to kmart because it smells funny in there, or target because the red walls make her nervous, but she likes walmart.

I like to eat the chocolates while we wait, i also drink the sodas.

Next time read a magazine, my daddy looks at the boobie magazines and my mommy reads about the aliens in texas, i just eat chocolate. So next time take a poopy at home before you go to walmart, this way the cashier wont talk to you like as if you smell like ****, and you can eat the chocolate.

I am a 10 yr cashier with WM. All positions in a WM store are filled each wk on a company schedule.

The number of employees working at any one time at any particular position:(area) ie; cashier, buggy pusher, stocker, dept. head, etc. is based on the employee hours given to each store for each area by the home office based on sales figures for the previous year. Store mgt.

has to make use of those given useable hours as best as it can.

It often means that areas are short-shifted and wokers from other areas of the store have to move about the store doing jobs that are not their job description in order to as best as possible, serve the customers. All large stock exchange companies do the same in order to make a profit for their stockholders which is U, since WM is a

publically owned/traded stock company.The best days to shop with the fewest problems are M,T and W or any day b4 10AM and between 5-6PM.

Go to Kmart instead, you White Trash Princess.

pay less. live better.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #154469

You obviously are a child. They are not purposely giving receipts without a survey whenever they are short of cashiers.

They just have those surveys at a certain time of the year.

Only a child would think they are purposely not giving the survey because there is not enough cashiers. 45 minutes is a long time but your logic is that of a seven year old.