Independence, Kansas

Being crunched for time I went to Walmart.com to get my wifes B-day present to buy her a laptop.I found a Toshiba laptop that I could by online and pick it up at my local store.

I purchased it and waited for the text message conformation so I could pick it up. An hour after I purchased this item on line I recieved a text message from walmart.com that my order has been cancelled due to not being in Stock. They had already pulled the money from my account for the item so I no longer had access to it. I called the local walmart store to find out when the money would be released so I could buy another gift.

They told me that there was nothing that they could do and it would take up to 10 business days for me to be able to have access to my money. I asked them if there was anyone else I could talk to about this situation and they gave me a number to call. I called the number and spoke to a customer service associate and she told me the same song and dance. I could understand if I was the one that cancelled my order but it was Walmart that cancelled the order.

What made matter worse is I went to the same walmart 4 hrs later and bought the same exact laptop that I had order on line and that walmart cancelled. So on Friday I went on walmarts web site and emailed them a complaint telling them the same situation and still have not herd back from them. So I called Walmart.com again this morning and after being on hold for over an half an hour the customer service rep told me the same song and dance that I was basically screwed until the funds were taken off hold on my account. Walmart advetises so much about their customer service and they to and please everyone but in my situation they totally failed.

If the person that was in charge of taking care of the order in the first place did their job I would have been a satified customer instead of a very pissed of one.$357.00 my not be alot to some people but for me it is a major opurchase.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

pdmnc

I did use a debit card but that should not matter as the ways of computer technology all it takes is a couple of key strokes and the problem could be fixed.And yes there is a small possibility that they got a shipment in but I would have thought they would know that more was comming and hold the order instead of cancelling it.

Don't you think.:)

Sounds like you used a debit card to make the purchase, as a credit card purchase can be refunded right away. As for buying the same laptop 4 hours later, perhaps they got a shipment in?