Verified Reviewer

1.3

On July 4, 2021, I made a purchase through Walmart.com for four (4) different Sexy Hair Products. I did not realize at the time that three (3) different merchants affiliated with Walmart.com would be fulfilling my orders.

One merchant, New Trend Beauty, mailed my product as noted below. I am highly disappointed that Walmart would allow such a non-professional merchant to be affiliated with its name. Just a note: the package was delivered by USPS to my home in Delaware on Saturday, July 10, 2021, when I was out of town. I opened the package on Sunday, July 11, 2021, when I returned.

I took pictures of the package and its contents then sent the email below to New Trend Beauty along with those pictures because I was so shocked that any merchant would ship something in this manner. I certainly hope that Walmart/Walmart.com cuts all ties with New Trend Beauty. They certainly do not deserve to be a "partner" with Walmart who is very reputable.

Mrs. Veronica Cavanaugh

Veronica Cavanaugh

Sun, Jul 11, 8:58 PM (20 hours ago)

to newtrendbeauty, bcc: me

I placed order #456216*-899234 for several different Sexy Hair products through Walmarts online orders.

The products were sold and shipped by NEW TREND BEAUTY. When I received and opened the package from your company, I discovered that the bottle of Curly Sexy Hair - Curl Enhancing Shampoo was placed in a plastic mailing bag, wrapped in a USPS piece of cardboard (one of their mailing boxes that had been cut and taped around the shampoo bottle). Unfortunately FOR ME, the bottle cap had NOT been shrink-wrapped closed or secured in any way. The shampoo leaked all over the bottle top, the cut cardboard piece and the inside of the plastic mailing bag.

The attached pictures surely speak for themselves.

I can tell you this is NOT a professional shipping method and I will never order from your company (through Walmart or otherwise) ever again. Certainly not your best effort to ship securelyand most likely your WORST! I fully intend to make Walmart aware of your packaging, and I use that term quite loosely, as I have NEVER before experienced such a terrible means of sending professional hair products purchased from a reputable merchant - Im obviously referencing Walmart, certainly NOT your company.

I will also be quite blunt when reviewing your products on Walmarts website.

Youve sincerely lost a customer for good!

Veronica Cavanaugh

***Their response to me which arrived via email today, July 12, 2021 (copied verbatim, misspelled words and all:

"New Trend Beauty

7:19 AM (10 hours ago)

to me

Thank you for letting us know that there is a problem with the way the shampoo was shipped. It looks like the bottle was not taped over the top and when squized during shipping leacked out.

Let me assure you that we will correct this mistake. Again thank you for letting us know and sorry for any inconviniance this may have caused you.

Sincerely,

Mike New Trend Beauty Support Team"

Forwarded response to Walmart Customer Care same day:

Wow, They certainly don't appear to be very worried about customer satisfaction, do they?

Not a partial refund, a free gift, or any other compensation offered. Never ordering from them through you or any other means EVER AGAIN.

You may want to rethink whether Walmart wants them associated with their valued merchants any longer.

If you wish to receive the pictures I took of all the packaging, please provide a means for me to send them as an email attachment.

Long-time Walmart customer online and in-store,

Veronica Cavanaugh

As of 7/18/21, have received no response from Walmart Customer Care, hmmmm?

Veronica (Ronnie) Cavanaugh

Veronica Cavanaugh

User's recommendation: Do not trust that your product will arrive packaged correctly from New Trend Beauty. Best not to order from New Trend Beauty at all... through Walmart or otherwise!

Preferred solution: Walmart/Walmart.com should sever all ties with New Trend Beauty. This merchant is scamming consumers, charging various prices for the same product on multiple websites. They are not reputable, nor are they at all trustworthy! .

Walmart Pros: Great prices for regularly used products.

Walmart Cons: Affiliate with unscrupulous merchants.

Comments