Somerset, Massachusetts
1K views

i am a disabled, single dad of a 12 yr old boy and a daughter 16. in 2003 i was injured in a motor vehicle, work related accident.

i had several serious injuries. from2003 to 2008 i had 6 surgeries. permanent post concussive migraines, surgery to my wrist, both hands, neck, shoulder and elbow. my job would not accept me back at work permanently injured.

i was a 23 yr empolyee of ups. 6 and 1/2 yrs from full retirement. in short from 03 to 05 i was taking heavy narcotics along with 4 other meds.addicted i turned to suboxone tablets. which were a life saver, along with my dr.femino.

in 2011 i transfeered to suboxone film, which seemed to be stronger and better absorbed. the problem is it began to give me headaches. having chronic migraines this was unwelcomed. my doctor in dec 2011 transfeered me to buprenorphine tablets(generic subutex).

on dec 30 i went to walmart rx in north kingston ri to fill script. from the outset iwas not treated like a regular customer. the reason i chose walmart was price, 40% cheaper than most pharmacies. i was told by pharmacist this dose was too high, i asked if he was questioning my doctors medical degree.

in fall of 2011 i had taken 56 mg per day to battle pain and migraine. in oct. i actually reduced to 48 mg under dr, direction. the pharmacist said he needed to call my dr.

to approve the script. it was sat. and he was closed. all of this discussion between him and i was in the open with other customers listening.

i told him to call my former pharmacy to vrify the suboxone amount i was taking. he refused. i also told him i was disabled, my surgery history etc... in person his judgment of me was predgidicial.he openly discussed my script and situation out loud and in front of other customers.

i was treated like a drug addict. after 90 mins. my doctor called verifying the amount, the script and my condition. this is first time i ever filled at walmart.

after this he proceeded to call insurance company for his own reasons, undermining my doctors approval. he was a perfect example of the treatment of people who need pain medication. bupanorphine is used to teat opiate addiction. it also treats pain without all the stigma and side effects of conventional opiates.

my former pharmacist was trained on the dispensing of bupanophrine, suboxone and subutex. he told me the insurance company refused to fill because i fill suboxone 10 days earlier. again i explained as my doctor did that suboxone film was causing me headaches. in hindsight he never ran the refill through insurance for bup.

i called ins company and they said no one tried to fill bup. at walmart. he lied. they said it would have filled because it was a different drug.

pharmacist told me to come back on th 10 th of jan. finish my suboxone. again i told him it given me headaches, i all ready get migraines. at this point people may say go to another pharmacy or your old one where i was treated with respect and dignity.

where my health was not discussed out in the open with an audience. my insurance also suggested i go some place else. the problem is the script is double the price at other pharmacies, that day i took my script to rite aid they filled it in 10 minutes, the only problem was my co pay was 140.00 instead of 60.00. when i reported this to my doctor he was very upset.

we have a history going back to 2003. walmart violated my hippa rights, prejudged and was pedgidous against me. the pharmacist overstepped the spectrum of his duties as a pharmacist. i was embarassed and hurt.

he played doctor, judge , jury and lied never trying to run through my script. he told me to return on the 10 th of jan. to fill bup.

at that date i all read would be out of suboxone for 2 days. he said finish suboxone

Comments

"it also treats pain without all the stigma and side effects of conventional opiates."

You could not be more wrong. Herion addicts will tell you they are worse than being addicted to heroin.

You sound just like the people that I know that are addicts. They use every excuse in the book to be on Subutec instead of Suboxone. They also use every excuse to get the pill instead of the film. Just admit you want to pill because you can abuse it and/or sell it.

You're an addict, don't think for a second you have outsmarted anyone. Your doctor is only acting nice to you because you're retarded and they feel bad for you. Pharmacists know more about the drugs than the physicians. A large number of pain doctors just give pills without following guidelines.

I blame people like you for abusing the system.

Your headaches from the films are lies. There is no reason why a film would cause a headache over a tablet.

Clinton, Tennessee, United States #926607

I was treated the same way at walmart in Clinton. They told me that I was prescribed to much. And talked about it out loud made me feel bad

#801973

And by the way I was on Suboxone for 2 years. I just got off them 3 months ago.

You seem to have a legit reason. I was just an addict. What is not common knowledge is it is WAY harder to get off of than any of the pills.

I was told it is equal, if not harder, than Heroine. I believe it as I thought I was going to die for almost a month.

to ceiling #860104

This is true. I didn't sleep for 5 weeks i couldn't stop shaking and i really just wanted to die to end my life to stop my head and my thoughts.

I was off of it for 5 months and i recently just got back on it. Subutex has saved my life.

#801972

Suboxone has a ceiling. The most that you can take in a day is 24mg.

After that you are just taking for the sake of taking. Beofre you say you feel more with a higher dose do some research.

On the suboxone site the discuss the ceiling of the drug. You only have so many receptors.

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #688609

I know this is old, but I had to post after reading.

This is utter bullsh**.

Not only the way the pharmacist treated you but the posts of others. So you'll call someone who is addicted to opiates a "junkie piece of sh**" but an alcoholic gets a pass because he can function as a productive member of society... Until he drinks. Guess what?

An opiate addict can too. And is statistically less likely to kills someone in a driving accident. Ya know why? Because after taking them for long enough they do not get you "high".

You take them to feel normal. I think people should educate themselves on addiction first. Opiates actually re-wire your brain. The cause your brain to cease production of endorphins, which is short for the medical term "endigonous-morphine".

The same chemical that gives a runner, extreme sports athlete, race car driver etc that "high" they seem. But no one judges them!?... I have an IQ of 126 and I'm an opiate addict now on suboxone. I am far from a bad person.

Mark wahlberg, jack Nicholas, Chevy chase and robin Williams. What do they all have in common? Former drug addicts.

It IS. A disease, not a moral failing.

IT SEEMS TO ME THIS GENTLEMAN TOOK POSITIVE STEPS TO OVERCOME HIS ADDICTION TO OPIATE PAIN MEDICATION. SUBOXONE, SUBUTEX :BUPRENORPHINE WORK VERY WELL AT CONTROLLING PAIN AND ADDICTION, UNFORTUNATELY SOME IN SOCIETY STILL VIEW ADDICTION AS A WEAKNESS AND NOT A DISEASE.

ADDICTION IS A DISEASE OF THE BRAIN.WHETHER IT BE SEX, DRUGS OR DRINKING ALCOHOL, ITS A DISEASE.ONE PERSON COULD WALK IN TO A PHARMACY TO FILL A PRESCRIPTION FOR VICODIN AND THE PHARMACIST DOES NOT EVEN BLINK. THAT SAME PERSON GOES IN TO FILL A SCRIPT FOR SUBOXONE AND THERE IS A RUSH TO JUDGMENT. THIS PERSON IS LABELED AN ADDICT.EVEN THOUGH HE IS TAKING THE RIGHT STEPS TO RECOVER. ITS UNFAIR TO JUDGE EVERY PERSON TAKING PAIN MEDICATION AS AN ADDICT.

SOME TAKE THESE MEDICATIONS BECAUSE THEY ARE NEEDED AND THEY WORK. THEN THERE ARE THOSE WHO ABUSE OPIATES AND ARE ADDICTS.

TO JUDGE EVERY PERSON ON PAIN MEDICATION,AS DOPED UP OR A JUNKIE IS VERY UNFAIR.IT TAKES A LOT OF COURAGE TO SEEK HELP WITH DRUG ADDICTION. IT IS A DISEASE OF THE BRAIN THAT SOME OF US ARE PREDISPOSED TO....

dear junkie blues, please for give my spelling. that aside, i am no dummy.

i am not doped up either. for 3 years i was on oxycontin after having multiple surgeries and injuries. i sought treatment for addiction to opiates . i entered rehab, as you put it.

that is how i started taking suboxone, buprenorphine. it is a life saver. bup sticks to the receptors in the brain. it does not make me high or doped up , unable to drive a car.

i do not get the euphoric high associated with conventional opiates. it treats both pain and addiction. i do not wake up jonesing for medication. i just take it and it works.

i am sorry for spelling but there is no excuse for ignorance.

you do not know me or have you walked in my shoes. if you had , you would be a better person

dear junkie blues, please for give my spelling. that aside, i am no dummy.

i am sorry for spelling but there is no excuse for ignorance.

smedrik

The Pharmacists obligation is to verify the validity and dosage of a medication. Pharmacists are trained in the pharmaceuticals, doctors are not.

If a pharmacist thinks a dosage is too high, written in error or you are in any way being over prescribed then it is his obligation as a medical professional to verify information. He is just as culpable for your health and well being when it comes to your medications as the presrcibing doctor.

I AM NOT SURPRISED. WHAT GIVES THE PHARMACIST THE RIGHT TO DENY SOMEONE A LEGAL SCRIPT.

TO OVER RULE A DOCTOR ? IS IT MEDICAL DEGREE ENVY. THIS IS ILLEGAL.

PRIVACY VIOLATION, WALMART SHOULD REIMBURSE THIS CUSTOMER THE 80.00 HE OVERPAID. THIS IS WRONG !!!!!!

Check in to re-hab you are a drug addict! That pharmacist probably saved innocent motorists from your doped up driving. You are clearly heavily medicated judging by the poor grammar and context of the post.

to JunkieBlues Phoenix, Arizona, United States #708061

Even your username gives you up as a self righteous crusader. Hate to inform, but there are debilitating chronic conditions that result in 24 hr.

pain if left untreated. Sorry, but consuming some herbal medication or hypnotherapy doesn't reliably treat conditions that these "users" don't want to have.