4.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I am a 52 year old disabled woman who has had several back surgeries. I have a damaged nerve, and several herniated discs.

I have been getting my pain medications filled at Walmart for several years. I also have numerous other medications that I get filled at Walmart. The pharmacy staff see me several times a month. Last month the pharmacist decided not to fill my prescriptions.

Nothing had changed. She said it was her "professional judgement not to fill them. I have been on the same prescriptions for years, now all of a sudden they won't fill them. They have been approved by my doctors and have gone through a strict approval process through my insurance.

How can a mere pharmacist decide not to fill them? I understand Walmart is trying to do their share in cracking down on the "opioid epidemic ". Its not right for someone in my situation to be made to feel like a criminal because I can't get my medications filled. The pharmacist doesn't even have a good reason not to fill them.

I am being discriminated against by the medications I take. I am not a drug addict, I don't appreciate being treated like one.

Comments

I take it your doctor is prescribing a lot of pain medication for you. You might try another doctor and talk about newer alternatives.

Yes there is a big crackdown on pain medication. It could be your doctor is on a list of those that are over prescribing or the pharmacy has noticed your doctor writing more prescriptions for pain killers than most.

There are even doctors out there that make a living off writing prescriptions for pain killers. Unfortunately, just because you have a prescription it isn't always a truly legal one anymore.

I would never get prescriptions filed at Walmart because I have heard that Walmart medications are less effective than cvs or Walgreens medicines

to Anonymous #1507551