3.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I'm sorry, but every other pharmacy I've done business with in the past 50+ yrs, whether a small town pharmacy or CVS, Walgreen's, Target, etc, have always been able to staff their pharmacy with the proper amount of staff to be able to stay open without closing for lunch.I don't disagree that the pharmacists are entitled to a lunch break because they most certainly are (should be an hour, not 30 minutes in my opinion), but I believe with the amount of profit Walmart is making, they should treat their pharmacists with more respect, as well as the customer.

I presented to a Walmart pharmacy 30 minutes prior to their lunch break and was told they couldn't fill my script in that 30 minutes prior to lunch, so I would have to wait a full hour. Ordinarily, I would shop or come back later, but when you are sick as a dog and just want to get home and lie down, an hour can feel like a lifetime. Unfortunately for me, I have to take numerous medications (gross over $18,000/yr), and I will definitely be finding a new place to get my scripts from. I can't afford to risk this same issue time and again.

My point is, it's not about being a spoiled brat, but sometimes it's necessity to be able to get it and get home.

Remember, Walmart is a multi-billion dollar company, so in my opinion, they can afford to hire adequate numbers of pharmacists so they don't have to shut down for a lunch break.Just saying!!!!

Review about: Walmart Pharmacy Department.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

If you are as dependent on meds as you say you are ($18,000 a year? Really???) then don't get them filled at the last minute.

to Anonymous Moline, Illinois, United States #1323197

Actually 18,000 a year isn't that far off from what my mom pays. Seriously dude. I work in pharmaceuticals and it gets quite costly.

LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1323605

My husband's heart medications are quite costly, thanks to Obamacare and the high cost of medications these days. We pay over $7000 a year.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1319303

In all fairness, the people who dropped off or had scripts called in before the lunch break come first.You do not get to jump the line.

When only one pharmacist is on duty, they close for lunch. Super centers have two pharmacists per shift, neighborhood markets have one per shift.

The staffing makes sense as a neighborhood store does not have room to house two at a time.If you are that much in a hurry, then go to a small town pharmacy that is not busy instead of a busy as heck one.

No it IS about YOU being a spoiled brat!!!!First, YOUR DRUGS do NOT superceed the RIGHT that employee has to take a break.

IF they hired ANOTHER pharmacist the costs of your oh so special meds WOULD GO UP!!!! THEN you would be WHINING about THAT!!! Get over yourself there princess special snowflake. It REALLY goes to show HOW YOU view the other HUMAN BEINGS around you.

Go away!! Im 1000% sure that not only will walmart do just fine without YOU but without each and every other snowflake who seems to think that THEY are MORE important then anyone else.

Its called PATIENCE!!!!PLEASE try and remember that while they are there to serve YOU THEY ARE NOT YOUR SERVANTS!!!!!

I agree that there should be more than one pharmacist working on weekends but at least they get a lunch. Pharmacists at Walgreens do not get a lunch break and just eat whenever or if they get a chance.