New Port Richey East, Florida

I shop at Walmart at the 8745 SR 54 location in New Port Richey Florida, so I have (had) my prescriptions filled there. I make a habit of calling the store prior to picking up the scripts to be sure not to waste a trip.

Every time (not an exaggeration) I call the store and ask for the pharmacy I get transferred and, when the pharmacy answers - if they pick up- (sometimes takes 2-3 calls), they say "Walmart pharmacy, please hold". The problem is, no one ever comes back to the phone. The last time this happened took the cake. The tech actually did come back after about 10 minutes so I was feeling pretty good, and I gave her my name and DOB and she was going to check on my script.

I was on hold for 20 minutes, she never came back to the phone. I drove to the store while on hold, walked in and asked for a cust. service mgr. I explained my situation and then showed him my phone which showed I had been on with the pharmacy for 42 minutes.

I then walked to the pharmacy - no customers and 6 people behind the counter. I walked up to the pickup window and asked the girl why I was still on hold nearly 50 minutes (I showed her my phone) when they had no customers - her response, I swear, "we get a lot of calls". are you kidding me?? I have brought this issue to the attention to the store manager on 4 different occasions.

The last straw is when I was actually in the store and called the pharmacy. I was told to "please hold" - I purposely did this when there were no customers. I walked right up to the counter and confronted the girl about why I was put on hold. She had no answer, just looked like a deer in the headlights.

I reported it to store management for the final time. I still shop there but, I get my scripts elsewhere!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of walmart customer care. Walmart needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned walmart customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walmart. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Target.

Comments

Not_the_0P
Benicia, California, United States #1163108

You do realize that I reported this review to the police since you admitted to talking on the phone while driving.

That's outrageous! I'm glad you called them out on it - literally. Not that it probably did anything - definitely take your business elsewhere!

Complaining to the Store manager won't do any good as he has no control over the pharmacy. You need to talk to the head pharmacist. Walmart pharmacies are run by different people than the actual store itself.