Marksville, Louisiana

My currant pharmacy was out of a medication I take in a regular medication. The pharmacist called other pharmacies in the area to see if they had enough to fill my Rx. It is a Rx that must be filled in full; no partial Rxs are allowed. Walmart pharmacy advised they had the medication in stock and that they had enough to fill my Rx. It was 5 mins from where I was. I get to Walmart (which I don't like for other reasons) & presented my Rx. I was told that they only had half of the amount I needed. I advised the lady that the Walmart pharmacist had told the first pharmacist that they had enough to fill my Rx in full. She then advised me that the pharmacist computers are not synced with her computer - weird. She went to the pharmacist to check with him. He looked it up on his computer he informed her that he had less than her computer was showing. I asked the pharmacist why he told the first pharmacist that he had enough to fill my Rx. He had no answer and just shrugged his shoulders. No apology was offered. I asked if he could call other pharmacies close by to locate the medicine and find out if they had enough to fill my Rx. He said he couldn't do that. So much for service at this filthy pharmacy dept. I drove down the street to another pharmacy that I had not used before. They had the medicine in the quantity I needed and it was cheaper than the first pharmacy and Walmart by several dollars! They also filled the Rx in about 5 minutes. The person who waited on me at the 3rd pharmacy was so courteous and professional, and the pharmacist was very professional. I was exhausted when I got home from driving around in 100 degree weather and fighting through the Walmart "Gong Show". My husband gets his Rxs filled at Walmart and has received terrible service from this same pharmacist and the cashiers. I think I have convinced him to try the pharmacy that filled my Rx today. Never again at Walmart for me, that's for sure!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Pharmacist.

I didn't like: No solutions offered.

Comments