7.9K views

I have been getting a prescription filled (and refilled) at the same Walmart Pharmacy for years, (they have a much lower price than surrounding pharmacies in my rural area, and I am uninsured), and sometimes they refill it after 23 days, other times they want to wait until the exact 30 day interval. I have politely asked the pharmacy department what the policy and/or laws pertaining to refills are, and I cannot get anyone to tell me what the policies are.

If we were told what the policies are, we would be able to schedule shopping and trips to pharmacy. I live far from any pharmacy, not just the Walmart one, and I have to combine trips. Why can't they tell me what the policy is? It bothers me that they are rude,a nd if I try to stand up for myself, they threaten to report me for abusing drugs.

I don't want to be rude, and don't want people to be rude to me. Wouldn't it make sense to publish the policies such at this on their website if they don't wnat to explain it to each customer?

Review about: Walmart Prescription Refill.

Comments

I just had the same experience. Refusal to refill a prescription that was filled last month.

It was due on Saturday. After my husband also called to find out what the problem is, I called back to ask if she could fill enough until she speaks with the prescriber. It's Monday and she is refusing to fill my pain medication at all. Daniel (the Pharmacist) repeats it's her "Professional Opinion".

I ask what does that mean and she says it's company policy to not tell me! I'm disabled and have severe chronic pain. I've never experienced anything like this before. While I was on hold, another woman got on the phone to say that my provider would not get on the phone to give diagnosis codes and because it's a narcotic, it will not be filled.

She then realized that she was talking to the wrong person and said, "this is not (name) is it?" I told her it is not.

apparently she's refusing to fill everybody's narcotic medication. If this was an optional medication for me, I wouldn't take it.

I go to Walmart for all my scripts including oxycodone. Terrible service .

one month I go and won't fill until at least 30 days are up. Next time they may in 28-29 days. I tried going earlier because of the fact they started saying they were out of my pills and would be several days late ! One pharmacist said it is "state law" to wait 30-31 days to refill.

BS , as they had done it earlier before. They seem to enjoy screwing with me , seriously.

Roseburg, Oregon, United States #1266010

go to costco, it's cheaper. and you don't have to have a membership, but if you do it even less.

to Anonymous #1403970

Hmm. Sams club. Do they have a pharmacy

Yea what is the answer to this walmart . I would like to know too.

I know nursing homes order it 10 days befor they run out.

So does my dad from VA. Ive ran out of my heart meds cuz of walmart.

Newport, Kentucky, United States #1227527

walmart sucks, they just suck all the way around. but you want cheap you have to deal withe cheap.

Please contact Penny at 385-405-1167. I do not text and I am handicapped.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #992019

Same issue. I have been told a different story every month when I MY PRESCRIPTIONS ARE NOT BEING FILLED AND TOLD BY WALMART PHARMACY DON'T KNOW WHEN.

ALSO refuse to answer any questions and also put blame back on patient? ?? LAST EXCUSE US EACH PHARMACIST CAN REFUSE TO FILL OR REFILL IF HE OR SHE CHOOSES AND NO REASON HAS TO BE GIVEN AND TIME FRAME WHEN YOU ARE ALLOWED TO REFILL CHANGES EACH DAY. GUESS WE ARE TO BE MIND READERS AND BE FORCED TO TAKE THE ABUSE.

PLEASE MAKE THOSE BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR SUCH UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISHONEST PRACTICES. THIS PROBLEM AND SHADYNESS IS RUINING MY LIFE AND LOVED ONES.

Orange, California, United States #937818

You seem to be a young child no older than six to mistake this as rudeness. No one was rude to you. Not getting a response you want is not the same as being rude.

complete idiots can be arrogant, their techs are not operating proberly under state law

Walmart Pharmacies are the worst. They stores are mismanaged and the pharmacies techs are not proverly trained.

It is about your insurance paying for it. Insurance wont cover more than what is prescribed which means you have to wait for the fill.

It has nothing to do with your Doc or Pharmacist. Plus I agree with the others, you are not giving enough information on what medication it is. It is up to you to manage your medications and shopping trips.. Not your Pharmacist.

It just like with need refills scripts people get pissed that no one told them.

All bottles on the bottom tell you how many refills you have left and the Pharmacy is not your personal manager to let you know when you need to see your doc to renew scripts. It is a sad day when people do not take responsibility for managing their own health needs.

to Kali F Jerome, Idaho, United States #961899

You are an ***, she just said she is uninsured......*Facepalm*

to Kali F #1017082

The Pharmacist can choose when to refill a prescription based on preference after the insurance ok's it. Depending on how early your refill is.

Naples, Florida, United States #778165

Narcotic? Insurance?

Too much missing information.

One thing that will always stand, if that the pharmacist is the last word in a pharmacy. Any questions you have you can put to the DEA and the Board of Pharmacy.

to People are so dumb #961901

Never in the post was there anything mentioned about narcotics. Why are people so quick to judge? Ugh.

LadyScot
to Anonymous #1100090

Because early refills are not an issue with things like blood pressure or diabetes medication. It ALWAYS is a control. It ALWAYS is a control.

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, United States #682025

:?

This "pharmacist" that made a long comment may suffer from narcissistic personality disorder...? Like many other pharm's, you have so little empathy or customer service skills. You boast of your authority to deny filling Rx's? Really? I'm sorry, but you're not the doctor that wrote the Rx. You are so proud of being at the doctorate level BUT, you're behind a store counter counting pills...wow, impressive. Do pharm's have great education and med knowledge, YES, definitely. Have I EVER met one that shows it, NEVER. You can train a teenager how to read Rx's and Check for interactions via google and get similar results, seriously. Out of 7 yrs, not one class on customer service, interpersonal skills, etc??? You forgot one major aspect: you, a "pharm" do NOT know the pt's condition, tx plan, medical interventions, progress, response to tx, all of which the treating and prescribing MD, not Pharm, DOES know about. So get in place, and count those pills, stop taking ur frustration of a failed profession out on consumers. Ok? Thanks. Or, better yet, go get licensed to practice real medicine, like a doctor. Until then, deal with ur inferiority complex. And fill these customer's meds like you get paid to do. If u want respect in ur field, EARN IT. show that you care, talk to customers, step out from ur little counter and offer help at a "doctorate level."

:grin

to YourNotaDr #682672

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, BROTHER!!!!!!!

This LadyScot has some kind of complex about his job and takes it out on everyone who posts a complaint about their experience at a pharmacy.

Looks like you hit the nail on the head when it comes to recognizing his problem. I just hope you can finally make him see it, too.

If not, wait for it, 'cause retaliation surely will be on the way.

to Anonymous #778080

People on pain pills are usally mean and nasty.Had some experence in the family sorry to say.So that makes me think lady scott why are you so mean and nasty.You have symtoms of an abuser and so do alot of pharmacists.Why are you so mean to someone who has cancer when they come into fill their script?Are they taking the pills you wanted for yourself?If they are terminal why would you even care if they get pain pills?How do you live with yourself being so mean to people who are at deaths door?Have you ever heard of karma ladyscott i promise it will *** you in the a s s someday.