6.9K views

I have been getting a prescription filled (and refilled) at the same Walmart Pharmacy for years, (they have a much lower price than surrounding pharmacies in my rural area, and I am uninsured), and sometimes they refill it after 23 days, other times they want to wait until the exact 30 day interval.I have politely asked the pharmacy department what the policy and/or laws pertaining to refills are, and I cannot get anyone to tell me what the policies are.

If we were told what the policies are, we would be able to schedule shopping and trips to pharmacy. I live far from any pharmacy, not just the Walmart one, and I have to combine trips. Why can't they tell me what the policy is? It bothers me that they are rude,a nd if I try to stand up for myself, they threaten to report me for abusing drugs.

I don't want to be rude, and don't want people to be rude to me.Wouldn't it make sense to publish the policies such at this on their website if they don't wnat to explain it to each customer?

Review about: Walmart Prescription Refill.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

I go to Walmart for all my scripts including oxycodone.Terrible service .

one month I go and won't fill until at least 30 days are up. Next time they may in 28-29 days. I tried going earlier because of the fact they started saying they were out of my pills and would be several days late ! One pharmacist said it is "state law" to wait 30-31 days to refill.

BS , as they had done it earlier before.They seem to enjoy screwing with me , seriously.

Roseburg, Oregon, United States #1266010

go to costco, it's cheaper. and you don't have to have a membership, but if you do it even less.

Yea what is the answer to this walmart .I would like to know too.

I know nursing homes order it 10 days befor they run out.

So does my dad from VA.Ive ran out of my heart meds cuz of walmart.

Newport, Kentucky, United States #1227527

walmart sucks, they just suck all the way around. but you want cheap you have to deal withe cheap.

Please contact Penny at 385-405-1167. I do not text and I am handicapped.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #992019

Same issue.I have been told a different story every month when I MY PRESCRIPTIONS ARE NOT BEING FILLED AND TOLD BY WALMART PHARMACY DON'T KNOW WHEN.

ALSO refuse to answer any questions and also put blame back on patient? ?? LAST EXCUSE US EACH PHARMACIST CAN REFUSE TO FILL OR REFILL IF HE OR SHE CHOOSES AND NO REASON HAS TO BE GIVEN AND TIME FRAME WHEN YOU ARE ALLOWED TO REFILL CHANGES EACH DAY. GUESS WE ARE TO BE MIND READERS AND BE FORCED TO TAKE THE ABUSE.

PLEASE MAKE THOSE BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR SUCH UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISHONEST PRACTICES.THIS PROBLEM AND SHADYNESS IS RUINING MY LIFE AND LOVED ONES.

Orange, California, United States #937818

You seem to be a young child no older than six to mistake this as rudeness. No one was rude to you. Not getting a response you want is not the same as being rude.

complete idiots can be arrogant, their techs are not operating proberly under state law

Walmart Pharmacies are the worst. They stores are mismanaged and the pharmacies techs are not proverly trained.

It is about your insurance paying for it.Insurance wont cover more than what is prescribed which means you have to wait for the fill.

It has nothing to do with your Doc or Pharmacist. Plus I agree with the others, you are not giving enough information on what medication it is. It is up to you to manage your medications and shopping trips.. Not your Pharmacist.

It just like with need refills scripts people get pissed that no one told them.

All bottles on the bottom tell you how many refills you have left and the Pharmacy is not your personal manager to let you know when you need to see your doc to renew scripts.It is a sad day when people do not take responsibility for managing their own health needs.