15.4K views

Walmart,

When you say pick up today for an online purchase, it should really be available to be picked up today! You tell me now that I have to wait tomorrow when the store is open 24 hours?!!

At least inform the customers before they make a purchase that 'pick up today' has exemptions!!!! I am very disappointed. This is not good business. Please update your online store or your customers will not be happy!

If the store I ask to get the item picked up is 24 hours then It is fair to assume that the item will be there when I can come and get it as soon as I want.

What is the limiting factor here? if the item is available on the shelf then why can i not use my order number to pick it up a few minutes after i purchase it online?

Comments

Same here. Order said pick up today.

Then got email that store ran out of item. I went in and pulled them off the shelf myself after I got that email. And the manager price matched her own store.

Because walmart.com had in store price as $14.96 but the sticker on the shelf at the store said $25.96. All in all i was pissed.

Order placed: 9am. All items listed in stock in store, so I figured i'd save time running around...ha.

ha.

At 9PM I get a "oh it's delayed" email. How the heck does it take over 12 hours (my bet is over 24 hours) to pull stuff from your shelf?

This is *** me off big time. Walmart pickup in my nearest store is a dead loss.

They tell you they are out of the items and when I walk away I find it on the shelf.Next nearest isn't too bad -- they try -- but the online search engine that enables you to supposedly 'pickup today' is grossly inaccurate. When you go to pay, everything is slated for different days.I had been using the paid version of two day shipping for the brief amount of time it cost $50 as an alternative and it was so fabulous I could cry just thinking about it.True two day shipping on most items. So much better than Amazon. When they made it free I protested because I knew it wouldn't be the same and as it turns out I was right.Neither pickup today nor two-day shipping live up to their billing.I would like to say that their grocery pickup if it has come to your area yet is thus far excellent.

Very few substitutions. You tell them in advance whether substitutions are acceptable and they double-check when you pickup.If they could only merge the two -- pickup of regular items, simultaneous with food (you can add some non-food items to your food order like pharmacy items, but not most) it would be great.

Why didn't you just go to the store and buy the item off the shelf yourself? If I was a store manager I'd rather have my employees helping the people that came into the store find the products they need and stocking shelves rather than running around with a cart pulling products for on-line orders.

Just look at retail complaint boards, they all have complaints about on-line orders placed for pick up in the store.

If you are going to the store, just buy it there. Only use on-line orders for products you want shipped to your home.

to Anonymous #1487825

I know you think you're being clever but you sound like an idiot. WALMART provided this service to keep people from buying from Amazon.

They have hired people to go around the store and pick up items that are ALREADY PAID FOR. It should work and it shouldn't be such a Trainwreck.

to Anonymous #1568846

OR you can have someone else scavenge for the stuff they can't put in the proper aisles (looking at you mac and cheese in the Hispanic section) and you can pick it up in ONE KNOWN PLACE when it's convenient for you.

Ordered online and received a text message order was ready. Logged onto Walmart app to "check in" so order would be ready.

Got to store and had to log in again at kiosk. Waited 20 minutes. Requested help from greeter. Another 20 minutes.

Flagged store employee. Finally received order. Far too long to wait.

Will never order online again. Another customer lost.

I literally just had the same issue. I wish I would have read reviews before I went and decided to order at wal mart.

They have lost me as a customer. This is the worst service I have ever had. Plus no one can answer any questions or help me or even seem the slightest bit concerned of my problem. Uninformed employees and customer service representatives is just the tip of the iceberg.

I was at work and had a birthday party afterwards. Figured I would order online, pay and go pick it up and be on my way. Nope.

5 hours later I’m screwed and had to show up to a kids birthday party without the PS4 I promised him. So thank you so much Walmart for ruining a 10th birthday.

Very true,I've cancelled some of my same day pickup orders in the past and picked up somewhere else.

I've had a "pickup today" item displaying "Preparing Order" for 4 days now.

Can't they at least give a little bit more information?

walmart pick up today is a TERRIBLE service. They are lying as they did to me today.

Your order MIGHT be ready today is what it should say. This has to be false advertisement.

Per their site, there were 3 in stock at local store when I placed the order. Payment was taken from my card immediately.

I odered it over 4 hours ago, still processing.

So I call the store, am told they can't find this item. To call back tomorrow to check in.

Damn this is a lot of work for an online purchase. Lesson learned and FU walmart.

I ordered and paid for a black and decker mouse sander with value pack sand paper today. I received an email and text that the item was ready for pickup.

So after driving through rush hour traffic to get my item, being directed at customer service to the back of the store, I discovered they had their inventory wrong and only offered me a different product or a refund and they acted like my refund was a big deal.

This is a real Amaxon wannabe play and don't fall for it. This is a cheap badly performing copy cat.

Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1310496

I purchased an item online that was a same day pick-up item. Wal-Mart actually went sent me an email stating that my item was ready and waiting to be picked up at 4pm.

We went there and now they are saying they don't have it in store. We have to wait until tomorrow to "see" if they can get it at another store. When I purchased this product online, I selected this Wal-Mart because they said they had the item and it could be picked up the same day. So after you say I can purchase and get it the same day, send me an email saying it is ready to be picked up, now I have to wait until tomorrow to see if anyone else has it??

This is a joke. They shouldn't be putting items as same day pick-up if they're not. Especially don't send me an email saying it's there and waiting, when you don't have it and don't even know where or when you are going to get it from.

A free upgrade should be given for the next closest available option of this much b.s. is given to a customer you already charged and lied to about having their product ready when it wasn't even there.

The limiting factor is that walmart associates don't live at walmart. There may not be a pickup-trained associate in the store at 3 in the morning.

I am a Walmart associate, and I have worked in pickup for a few months. There were six of us for the whole department. Our shifts were would range from 7 am to 10 pm, for 3 or 4 of us scheduled in one day. That means at some points of the day, there would only be one of us to 1) go through online orders mailed to us from walmart's warehouses, 2) go pick up items off the shelf, assuming we can find them and we didn't run out and the website didn't update soon enough, and 3) help customers at the counter, including working out problems with their order.

On top of that, it takes time for the order to process through walmart.com and show up on our system. We can't make it get there any sooner and we can't give you the item before it is listed as ready in our system. People have to keep in mind, we are only huma, not robots. We can't make things show up faster.

We can’t find items five seconds after you submit your order. We can't pull things out of thin air if they're out ofor stock. We don't send the emails, walmart.com does, so if they don't show up, that is not our fault.

We are just trying to do our job. Sometimes, things don't go smoothly and we try to fix it as well as we can.

to Anonymous San Antonio, Texas, United States #1285496

That is all fine and dandy. I don't expect my order in minutes, but the 4 hour window or the "today" feature is deceiving.

Every site to store I've placed has incurred a hassle. I just did one again yesterday for "pickup today" and it's still processing 24 hours later. If it takes 48 hours for something to go through, then Wal-Mart is lying about "today".

Also, as an Amazon prime member, if I have to wait 48 hours, then I'd rather it be brought to my doorstep instead of hassling with the horrible site to store customer service as well. Wal-Mart needs to get with it if they truly want to compete with Amazon.

to Anonymous #1424606

I can understand that someone shouldn't place the order and expect it five minutes later. But I've placed orders at the beginning of my work hours (7-8AM) and tried to pick it up around 5:30 and it's still not ready.

The last time I had to sit and wait 10 minutes for someone to actually come to the waiting area. All the while I'm staring at the customer service while they talk. Then another five minutes to look for the item.

She couldn't find it so she went and grabbed it which took another 15 minutes. At this point I could have done it myself.

to Anonymous #1487826

Don't worry about it. Keep dragging your feet.

Wal-Mart is probably designing a robot to take your job.

It's really not your fault. Walmart refuses to pay a reasonable wage therefore they low quality employees which is the root cause of all Walmart's problems.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1202834

I agree that Walmart pick up is definitely not up to the standard of convenience I would expect from this conglomerate. My first experience using it, I was surprised that pick up was in the back, had a long line with one cashier, took forever for the person to find my item in the back, and it has been this way most of the times I've used pick up.

I understand why you can't pick it up MINUTES after making the purchase online as it does need to go through a process of inventory separate from the store and then verified between walmart.com and the store at which you are picking up the item.

With that being said, I still use the pick up option to grab items that are not available in my local store, that are cheaper, and/or would arrive sooner than amazon would.

Also, in my experience, I've been able to cancel orders with ease and receive my refunds with no issue. Unfortunately, though, I have experienced two occurrences in which I was told my item would ready by a certain time and date only to show up past that date and be told my item is still processing.

That's pretty inconvenient.

Especially since I placed this "pick up today" order several hours ago, and it should have been ready an hour ago... and last time, an entire day past my ready date went by before my item was ready to be picked up.

Those are my issues, and they should be addressed.

LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1263383

Assuming the item that should have been ready an hour ago was not purchased in store by someone between the time you ordered it and it hit their system.

First of all to you idiots that ask why not just go to the store. Its cheaper to buy it on walmart.com.

That being said I will never use walmart.com again. The tv i wanted because mine broke said pick up today, so I order it and then i get an email that mypayment is delayed it may take up to 48 hours. So I go back to walmart.com and use the chat and tell them to cancell my order. which he does.

I go to walmart and buy it off the shelf in this case the tv was the same price.

The next morning i get a text my tv is ready for pick up. I chat with them again they have no record of the order cancellation. so the gal puts it in again says can take 48 hours.

Ok fin. I contact them the next day to verify that the return and refund are still in process the rep says it is but has to wait till the store returns it. Mind you its already been 24 hours. Day 3 now still waiting on the return.

I have done pick up at best buy and have never had a problem. walmart.com is a joke.