Walmart pick up today is a lie

3857 of 5140 Walmart reviews

Walmart,

When you say pick up today for an online purchase, it should really be available to be picked up today!You tell me now that I have to wait tomorrow when the store is open 24 hours?!!

At least inform the customers before they make a purchase that 'pick up today' has exemptions!!!! I am very disappointed. This is not good business. Please update your online store or your customers will not be happy!

If the store I ask to get the item picked up is 24 hours then It is fair to assume that the item will be there when I can come and get it as soon as I want.

What is the limiting factor here?if the item is available on the shelf then why can i not use my order number to pick it up a few minutes after i purchase it online?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 38 Yes 38 18 No 18
Had the same issue 73 Yes 73
3857 of 5140 Walmart reviews

Dec 30, 2016 #1263086

The limiting factor is that walmart associates don't live at walmart. There may not be a pickup-trained associate in the store at 3 in the morning. I am a Walmart associate, and I have worked in pickup for a few months. There were six of us for the whole department. Our shifts were would range from 7 am to 10 pm, for 3 or 4 of us scheduled in one day. That means at some points of the day, there would only be one of us to 1) go through online orders mailed to us from walmart's warehouses, 2) go pick up items off the shelf, assuming we can find them and we didn't run out and the website didn't update soon enough, and 3) help customers at the counter, including working out problems with their order. On top of that, it takes time for the order to process through walmart.com and show up on our system. We can't make it get there any sooner and we can't give you the item before it is listed as ready in our system. People have to keep in mind, we are only huma, not robots. We can't make things show up faster. We can’t find items five seconds after you submit your order. We can't pull things out of thin air if they're out ofor stock. We don't send the emails, walmart.com does, so if they don't show up, that is not our fault. We are just trying to do our job. Sometimes, things don't go smoothly and we try to fix it as well as we can.

2 0 Reply

Feb 12 #1285496 San Antonio, Texas, United States

That is all fine and dandy. I don't expect my order in minutes, but the 4 hour window or the "today" feature is deceiving. Every site to store I've placed has incurred a hassle. I just did one again yesterday for "pickup today" and it's still processing 24 hours later. If it takes 48 hours for something to go through, then Wal-Mart is lying about "today". Also, as an Amazon prime member, if I have to wait 48 hours, then I'd rather it be brought to my doorstep instead of hassling with the horrible site to store customer service as well. Wal-Mart needs to get with it if they truly want to compete with Amazon.

1 0 Reply

Aug 23, 2016 #1202834 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

I agree that Walmart pick up is definitely not up to the standard of convenience I would expect from this conglomerate. My first experience using it, I was surprised that pick up was in the back, had a long line with one cashier, took forever for the person to find my item in the back, and it has been this way most of the times I've used pick up.
I understand why you can't pick it up MINUTES after making the purchase online as it does need to go through a process of inventory separate from the store and then verified between walmart.com and the store at which you are picking up the item.
With that being said, I still use the pick up option to grab items that are not available in my local store, that are cheaper, and/or would arrive sooner than amazon would.
Also, in my experience, I've been able to cancel orders with ease and receive my refunds with no issue. Unfortunately, though, I have experienced two occurrences in which I was told my item would ready by a certain time and date only to show up past that date and be told my item is still processing. That's pretty inconvenient. Especially since I placed this "pick up today" order several hours ago, and it should have been ready an hour ago... and last time, an entire day past my ready date went by before my item was ready to be picked up.
Those are my issues, and they should be addressed.

2 0 Reply
LadyScot

Dec 31, 2016 #1263383 Naples, Florida, United States

Assuming the item that should have been ready an hour ago was not purchased in store by someone between the time you ordered it and it hit their system.

1 0 Reply

Feb 16, 2016 #1112723

First of all to you idiots that ask why not just go to the store. Its cheaper to buy it on walmart.com.
That being said I will never use walmart.com again. The tv i wanted because mine broke said pick up today, so I order it and then i get an email that mypayment is delayed it may take up to 48 hours. So I go back to walmart.com and use the chat and tell them to cancell my order. which he does. I go to walmart and buy it off the shelf in this case the tv was the same price.
The next morning i get a text my tv is ready for pick up. I chat with them again they have no record of the order cancellation. so the gal puts it in again says can take 48 hours. Ok fin. I contact them the next day to verify that the return and refund are still in process the rep says it is but has to wait till the store returns it. Mind you its already been 24 hours. Day 3 now still waiting on the return.
I have done pick up at best buy and have never had a problem. walmart.com is a joke.

5 1 Reply

Feb 16, 2016 #1112844

Learn that the pronoun I should begin with a capital letter, and proper nouns like Walmart should begin with a letter. Stop using sentence fragments before referring to anyone as "idiots".

5 10 Reply

Dec 23, 2016 #1259924 Gastonia, North Carolina, United States

A person should themselves be grammatically correct before complaining about the use of sentence fragments. Hilarious!

0 1 Reply

Dec 27, 2016 #1261498

I think you lack reading comprenhension. First of all they were grammatically correct, and second of all it is not about the grammar, it is about calling other people idiots when you don't have the basic rules of grammar which are taught in the first grade. If you knew how to read you would see this. Also add a comma after "before" just saying. Yeah he did forget the word "capital" before letter but you yourself are hilarious for forgetting the comma after "before"

0 1

Dec 27, 2016 #1261265

"Walmart should begin with a letter."Don't all words begin with a letter?

Nov 24, 2015 #1068993

Why don't you just stop by and shop for your own items instead of getting angry? If it is available for same day pick up, it means it's right there on the shelf. Get it your own lazy self!

3 15 Reply

Nov 27, 2015 #1070387

Unfortunately Walmart is known for having two different prices. Their online sales can often be significantly lower than that of what is being offered in your local store. Some stores will price match online prices one day and that same store will swear it is against their policy the next day. So the only way a consumer is to be sure 100% they will get it for the lower sale price is to order online for in store pickup. They boast that the item will be ready in as little as a few minuets but up to four hours if ordered before 6pm, after 6pm and it does state it may be the next day.

6 0 Reply

Dec 23, 2016 #1259793

1)Your an *** Who should stop trolling sites just to reply with such an idiotic reply, or are you the lazy, worthless, unappreciative, person working in the pick up area? ...who just cant seem to understand people actually expect you to do YOUR job? I mean really. ..how dare someone want to use a service offered...spend their money (they worked for) (allowing others a job ) and maybe get a little bit of relief from their already stressed day.. ..with simply ordering in adance and picking up on the way home ?
2)Many items are defiantly cheaper online (I bet this was intentional to help encourage the store pick up)or oh...wait ... items at Walmart are often very close to being out of stock..(another area that needs serious attention but also proves good employees are hard to find)....and the normal trip for people is not simply walking across the street. ..or they are at work. ....using their break time to possibly complete errands in a more efficient way. ..allowing some freetime. ...for family. ..other appointments. . or What ever they choose...
3) if the goal was to offer poor customer service then the obvious choice would be to go to you for advice bUT however they chose to at least in theory offer something todays customer demands (or this is an attempt to salvage what Amazon is currently taking from them )...so in offering a product or service, they shold at least make an attempt to follow through with the description.
4)I just needed to remind you. .a
... Show more

Dec 27, 2016 #1261501

Here we go again another kid on the site mistaking reading that the customer is wrong as trolling, and ASSuming that they work for the company. Do your parents know you are on here. By your logic I could say the OP is making this all up to cause trouble because she got fired. But I don't jump to conclusions and ASSume.

0 1 Reply

Oct 31, 2015 #1056446

Ordered a new cell phone at about 4pm. Told me it would be ready by 8:27 pm. I call Wal-Mart at that time to see if it's ready and they tell me that my order hasn't even come through yet. Why not?????

Sweet Pea

Oct 27, 2015 #1054761 Bedford, Pennsylvania, United States

Though the store is open 24hrs, the layaway/online pickup dept. is only opened until 9pm...(I just called to question them about the process BEFORE paying online and no one could even answer my questions because it was 9:25) After 9, apparently no one is qualified to handle that dept.
Seems your issue is the site. They should be clearer about pickup times. Maybe this has changed since your issue, but I noticed that when checking out, my cart stated my items would be available tomorrow. However, before adding to my cart, both items said "today".
I am just going to take my chances and hope both items are on the shelves, rather than pay and not be able to pickup up right away.

2 1 Reply

Oct 10, 2015 #1045810

Who are the people in this thread sucking walmart ***. I'm not lazy, this service sucks. They out and out lied to me. So I repeat, this service sucks.

9 0 Reply

Oct 02, 2015 #1042417

Because walmart.com is only one till 9. You didn't lose any money stop being salty because you didn't read all the print that it clearly says when you order it.

2 6 Reply

Aug 05, 2015 #1016344

Walmart electronics employees are dumb, ignorant, and extremely lazy, period. God knows I'm right, but just to be fair, and for probability purposes I would assume that at most the 5% of those employees in the whole country, and I may be exaggerating, are the opposite of either of those adjectives I mentioned before.

5 2 Reply

Jul 16, 2015 #1008278

Had the same thing. Order confirmation said it would be able to pick up at 2 PM. Then I received an email saying it was delayed. But it didn't say why. After numerous calls and emails they told me it takes 48 hours to verify my payment information. Heck I'll walk into the store and pay cash if that's the hold up but they don't seem too accommodating. Why not have customers pay at the pick up counter like a regular store transaction? Those don't take 48 hours--at least I'm pretty sure you can walk in and buy something at the store with the same credit card and have it transact within seconds. Seems like it would save a lot of hassle. Or just say in store pick up is within 48 hours and not the same day. I just don't like being lied to and given the run around. I don't normally shop at Walmart and this verifies that decision. I called Best Buy to see if they could price match but they don't carry the product. Store pick up there isn't a 48 day turn around--or anywhere else I've done it for that matter. What a joke!

6 0 Reply

1-20 of 74 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×