Ithaca, New York
10.1K views 74 comments

Walmart,

When you say pick up today for an online purchase, it should really be available to be picked up today!You tell me now that I have to wait tomorrow when the store is open 24 hours?!!

At least inform the customers before they make a purchase that 'pick up today' has exemptions!!!! I am very disappointed. This is not good business. Please update your online store or your customers will not be happy!

If the store I ask to get the item picked up is 24 hours then It is fair to assume that the item will be there when I can come and get it as soon as I want.

What is the limiting factor here?if the item is available on the shelf then why can i not use my order number to pick it up a few minutes after i purchase it online?

Review about: Ipod Touch.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE
Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $203
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Submit review

Comments

The limiting factor is that walmart associates don't live at walmart. There may not be a pickup-trained associate in the store at 3 in the morning. I am a Walmart associate, and I have worked in pickup for a few months. There were six of us for the whole department. Our shifts were would range from 7 am to 10 pm, for 3 or 4 of us scheduled in one day. That means at some points of the day, there would only be one of us to 1) go through online orders mailed to us from walmart's warehouses, 2) go pick up items off the shelf, assuming we can find them and we didn't run out and the website didn't update soon enough, and 3) help customers at the counter, including working out problems with their order. On top of that, it takes time for the order to process through walmart.com and show up on our system. We can't make it get there any sooner and we can't give you the item before it is listed as ready in our system. People have to keep in mind, we are only huma, not robots. We can't make things show up faster. We can’t find items five seconds after you submit your order. We can't pull things out of thin air if they're out ofor stock. We don't send the emails, walmart.com does, so if they don't show up, that is not our fault. We are just trying to do our job. Sometimes, things don't go smoothly and we try to fix it as well as we can.
to Anonymous San Antonio, Texas, United States #1285496
That is all fine and dandy. I don't expect my order in minutes, but the 4 hour window or the "today" feature is deceiving. Every site to store I've placed has incurred a hassle. I just did one again yesterday for "pickup today" and it's still processing 24 hours later. If it takes 48 hours for something to go through, then Wal-Mart is lying about "today". Also, as an Amazon prime member, if I have to wait 48 hours, then I'd rather it be brought to my doorstep instead of hassling with the horrible site to store customer service as well. Wal-Mart needs to get with it if they truly want to compete with Amazon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1202834
I agree that Walmart pick up is definitely not up to the standard of convenience I would expect from this conglomerate. My first experience using it, I was surprised that pick up was in the back, had a long line with one cashier, took forever for the person to find my item in the back, and it has been this way most of the times I've used pick up.
I understand why you can't pick it up MINUTES after making the purchase online as it does need to go through a process of inventory separate from the store and then verified between walmart.com and the store at which you are picking up the item.
With that being said, I still use the pick up option to grab items that are not available in my local store, that are cheaper, and/or would arrive sooner than amazon would.
Also, in my experience, I've been able to cancel orders with ease and receive my refunds with no issue. Unfortunately, though, I have experienced two occurrences in which I was told my item would ready by a certain time and date only to show up past that date and be told my item is still processing. That's pretty inconvenient. Especially since I placed this "pick up today" order several hours ago, and it should have been ready an hour ago... and last time, an entire day past my ready date went by before my item was ready to be picked up.
Those are my issues, and they should be addressed.
LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1263383
Assuming the item that should have been ready an hour ago was not purchased in store by someone between the time you ordered it and it hit their system.
First of all to you idiots that ask why not just go to the store. Its cheaper to buy it on walmart.com.
That being said I will never use walmart.com again. The tv i wanted because mine broke said pick up today, so I order it and then i get an email that mypayment is delayed it may take up to 48 hours. So I go back to walmart.com and use the chat and tell them to cancell my order. which he does. I go to walmart and buy it off the shelf in this case the tv was the same price.
The next morning i get a text my tv is ready for pick up. I chat with them again they have no record of the order cancellation. so the gal puts it in again says can take 48 hours. Ok fin. I contact them the next day to verify that the return and refund are still in process the rep says it is but has to wait till the store returns it. Mind you its already been 24 hours. Day 3 now still waiting on the return.
I have done pick up at best buy and have never had a problem. walmart.com is a joke.
to Anonymous #1112844
Learn that the pronoun I should begin with a capital letter, and proper nouns like Walmart should begin with a letter. Stop using sentence fragments before referring to anyone as "idiots".
to Anonymous Gastonia, North Carolina, United States #1259924
A person should themselves be grammatically correct before complaining about the use of sentence fragments. Hilarious!
to Anonymous #1261498
I think you lack reading comprenhension. First of all they were grammatically correct, and second of all it is not about the grammar, it is about calling other people idiots when you don't have the basic rules of grammar which are taught in the first grade. If you knew how to read you would see this. Also add a comma after "before" just saying. Yeah he did forget the word "capital" before letter but you yourself are hilarious for forgetting the comma after "before"
to Anonymous #1261265
"Walmart should begin with a letter."Don't all words begin with a letter?
Why don't you just stop by and shop for your own items instead of getting angry? If it is available for same day pick up, it means it's right there on the shelf. Get it your own lazy self!