When you say pick up today for an online purchase, it should really be available to be picked up today!You tell me now that I have to wait tomorrow when the store is open 24 hours?!!

At least inform the customers before they make a purchase that 'pick up today' has exemptions!!!! I am very disappointed. This is not good business. Please update your online store or your customers will not be happy!

If the store I ask to get the item picked up is 24 hours then It is fair to assume that the item will be there when I can come and get it as soon as I want.

What is the limiting factor here?if the item is available on the shelf then why can i not use my order number to pick it up a few minutes after i purchase it online?

Very true,I've cancelled some of my same day pickup orders in the past and picked up somewhere else.

I've had a "pickup today" item displaying "Preparing Order" for 4 days now.

Can't they at least give a little bit more information?

walmart pick up today is a TERRIBLE service.They are lying as they did to me today.

Your order MIGHT be ready today is what it should say. This has to be false advertisement.

Per their site, there were 3 in stock at local store when I placed the order. Payment was taken from my card immediately.

I odered it over 4 hours ago, still processing.

So I call the store, am told they can't find this item. To call back tomorrow to check in.

Damn this is a lot of work for an online purchase.Lesson learned and FU walmart.

I ordered and paid for a black and decker mouse sander with value pack sand paper today.I received an email and text that the item was ready for pickup.

So after driving through rush hour traffic to get my item, being directed at customer service to the back of the store, I discovered they had their inventory wrong and only offered me a different product or a refund and they acted like my refund was a big deal.

This is a real Amaxon wannabe play and don't fall for it.This is a cheap badly performing copy cat.

Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1310496

I purchased an item online that was a same day pick-up item.Wal-Mart actually went sent me an email stating that my item was ready and waiting to be picked up at 4pm.

We went there and now they are saying they don't have it in store. We have to wait until tomorrow to "see" if they can get it at another store. When I purchased this product online, I selected this Wal-Mart because they said they had the item and it could be picked up the same day. So after you say I can purchase and get it the same day, send me an email saying it is ready to be picked up, now I have to wait until tomorrow to see if anyone else has it??

This is a joke. They shouldn't be putting items as same day pick-up if they're not. Especially don't send me an email saying it's there and waiting, when you don't have it and don't even know where or when you are going to get it from.

A free upgrade should be given for the next closest available option of this much b.s.is given to a customer you already charged and lied to about having their product ready when it wasn't even there.

The limiting factor is that walmart associates don't live at walmart.There may not be a pickup-trained associate in the store at 3 in the morning.

I am a Walmart associate, and I have worked in pickup for a few months. There were six of us for the whole department. Our shifts were would range from 7 am to 10 pm, for 3 or 4 of us scheduled in one day. That means at some points of the day, there would only be one of us to 1) go through online orders mailed to us from walmart's warehouses, 2) go pick up items off the shelf, assuming we can find them and we didn't run out and the website didn't update soon enough, and 3) help customers at the counter, including working out problems with their order.

On top of that, it takes time for the order to process through walmart.com and show up on our system. We can't make it get there any sooner and we can't give you the item before it is listed as ready in our system. People have to keep in mind, we are only huma, not robots. We can't make things show up faster.

We can’t find items five seconds after you submit your order. We can't pull things out of thin air if they're out ofor stock. We don't send the emails, walmart.com does, so if they don't show up, that is not our fault.

We are just trying to do our job.Sometimes, things don't go smoothly and we try to fix it as well as we can.

to Anonymous San Antonio, Texas, United States #1285496

That is all fine and dandy.I don't expect my order in minutes, but the 4 hour window or the "today" feature is deceiving.

Every site to store I've placed has incurred a hassle. I just did one again yesterday for "pickup today" and it's still processing 24 hours later. If it takes 48 hours for something to go through, then Wal-Mart is lying about "today".

Also, as an Amazon prime member, if I have to wait 48 hours, then I'd rather it be brought to my doorstep instead of hassling with the horrible site to store customer service as well.Wal-Mart needs to get with it if they truly want to compete with Amazon.

to Anonymous #1424606

I can understand that someone shouldn't place the order and expect it five minutes later.But I've placed orders at the beginning of my work hours (7-8AM) and tried to pick it up around 5:30 and it's still not ready.

The last time I had to sit and wait 10 minutes for someone to actually come to the waiting area. All the while I'm staring at the customer service while they talk. Then another five minutes to look for the item.

She couldn't find it so she went and grabbed it which took another 15 minutes.At this point I could have done it myself.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1202834

I agree that Walmart pick up is definitely not up to the standard of convenience I would expect from this conglomerate.My first experience using it, I was surprised that pick up was in the back, had a long line with one cashier, took forever for the person to find my item in the back, and it has been this way most of the times I've used pick up.

I understand why you can't pick it up MINUTES after making the purchase online as it does need to go through a process of inventory separate from the store and then verified between walmart.com and the store at which you are picking up the item.

With that being said, I still use the pick up option to grab items that are not available in my local store, that are cheaper, and/or would arrive sooner than amazon would.

Also, in my experience, I've been able to cancel orders with ease and receive my refunds with no issue. Unfortunately, though, I have experienced two occurrences in which I was told my item would ready by a certain time and date only to show up past that date and be told my item is still processing.

That's pretty inconvenient.

Especially since I placed this "pick up today" order several hours ago, and it should have been ready an hour ago...and last time, an entire day past my ready date went by before my item was ready to be picked up.

Those are my issues, and they should be addressed.

to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1263383

Assuming the item that should have been ready an hour ago was not purchased in store by someone between the time you ordered it and it hit their system.

First of all to you idiots that ask why not just go to the store.Its cheaper to buy it on walmart.com.

That being said I will never use walmart.com again. The tv i wanted because mine broke said pick up today, so I order it and then i get an email that mypayment is delayed it may take up to 48 hours. So I go back to walmart.com and use the chat and tell them to cancell my order. which he does.

I go to walmart and buy it off the shelf in this case the tv was the same price.

The next morning i get a text my tv is ready for pick up. I chat with them again they have no record of the order cancellation. so the gal puts it in again says can take 48 hours.

Ok fin. I contact them the next day to verify that the return and refund are still in process the rep says it is but has to wait till the store returns it. Mind you its already been 24 hours. Day 3 now still waiting on the return.

I have done pick up at best buy and have never had a problem.walmart.com is a joke.

to Anonymous #1112844

Learn that the pronoun I should begin with a capital letter, and proper nouns like Walmart should begin with a letter. Stop using sentence fragments before referring to anyone as "idiots".

to Anonymous Gastonia, North Carolina, United States #1259924

A person should themselves be grammatically correct before complaining about the use of sentence fragments. Hilarious!

to Anonymous #1261498

I think you lack reading comprenhension.First of all they were grammatically correct, and second of all it is not about the grammar, it is about calling other people idiots when you don't have the basic rules of grammar which are taught in the first grade.

If you knew how to read you would see this.

Also add a comma after "before" just saying.Yeah he did forget the word "capital" before letter but you yourself are hilarious for forgetting the comma after "before"

to Anonymous #1261265

"Walmart should begin with a letter."Don't all words begin with a letter?

Why don't you just stop by and shop for your own items instead of getting angry? If it is available for same day pick up, it means it's right there on the shelf. Get it your own lazy self!

to Anonymous #1070387

Unfortunately Walmart is known for having two different prices.Their online sales can often be significantly lower than that of what is being offered in your local store.

Some stores will price match online prices one day and that same store will swear it is against their policy the next day.

So the only way a consumer is to be sure 100% they will get it for the lower sale price is to order online for in store pickup.They boast that the item will be ready in as little as a few minuets but up to four hours if ordered before 6pm, after 6pm and it does state it may be the next day.

to Anonymous #1259793

1)Your an *** Who should stop trolling sites just to reply with such an idiotic reply, or are you the lazy, worthless, unappreciative, person working in the pick up area?...who just cant seem to understand people actually expect you to do YOUR job?

I mean really. ..how dare someone want to use a service offered...spend their money (they worked for) (allowing others a job ) and maybe get a little bit of relief from their already stressed day.. ..with simply ordering in adance and picking up on the way home ?

2)Many items are defiantly cheaper online (I bet this was intentional to help encourage the store pick up)or oh...wait ...

items at Walmart are often very close to being out of stock..(another area that needs serious attention but also proves good employees are hard to find)....and the normal trip for people is not simply walking across the street. ..or they are at work. ....using their break time to possibly complete errands in a more efficient way. ..allowing some freetime.

...for family. ..other appointments. . or What ever they choose...

3) if the goal was to offer poor customer service then the obvious choice would be to go to you for advice bUT however they chose to at least in theory offer something todays customer demands (or this is an attempt to salvage what Amazon is currently taking from them )...so in offering a product or service, they shold at least make an attempt to follow through with the description.

4)I just needed to remind you. .a year later. ..that you are most defiantly. ...the biggest ***..ever....even still today!

So great job on that!

5)The main problem is the people working in this generation. .. Are ..too lazy... have a false thinking that they are entitled.

..to everything....no matter of they work hard...or sit back and complain. ...(maybe they believe they deserve more pay in order to do their job .... at least ...possibly...semi poorly if the company is lucky. But until that Happens they spend time complaining about the people who actually pay the money that allows them the ability to have employment in the first place ), aND flat out have a fit that work actually means one will HAVE to do something to get paid and stay employed, and the grown up world is not at all easy.

..and frankly doesn't care about feelings or the fact that people working "starter jobs" were never actually exposed to aNY true reality...that pay is earned through hard work and experience. ...

Obviously you are not the hard working individual. ...because fact is. ..if you were...in store pick up would be a life saving genius ideal...

(I mean really. ..it's like Amazons with their fast prime member shipping ..and at times. ...oddly super fast shipping...but now my local Walmart will also ...attempt to actually offer service the same day....if available. ...holy..blow my mind..and no prime required.) ..that you would totally understand just how disappointed and crushed we are to know the service COULD be successful but sadly we are forced to deal with .......

I am still trying to find the right words to describe the whole process. .? ...almost seems like they are all stoned out out reality. ...and everyone who show's up or calls is speaking an unknown language.

..seriously I had one employee repeat. .your here for pick up. ..three Times...Then tell's me to go "pick" the stuff myself because he didn't know if they did. ..

(yeah he never checked or asked either) and looked at me with a lost blank stare when I returned. .telling me I couldn't check out there. .umm okay because I already paid. ..but you need to give me a way to show the door people this!

...and by the way. ..tell me what to do about the items (yep as stated some are actually about gone)I couldnt find...whole ordeal...2 1/2 hours later. .after already placing order for in store items 7 hours prior, mind you.! .....he says hmm maybe they picked them.

..let me check.

...yep...yep yep...everything was already picked aND ready.This Entire time!

to Anonymous #1261501

Here we go again another kid on the site mistaking reading that the customer is wrong as trolling, and ASSuming that they work for the company.Do your parents know you are on here.

By your logic I could say the OP is making this all up to cause trouble because she got fired.But I don't jump to conclusions and ASSume.

Ordered a new cell phone at about 4pm.Told me it would be ready by 8:27 pm.

I call Wal-Mart at that time to see if it's ready and they tell me that my order hasn't even come through yet.Why not?????